Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2020, 06:01 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Expand on this, please.
If he was joking, perhaps it was a "maybe he died from COVID" type comment.

Old 05-27-2020, 06:01 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Like it or hate it the following is only my opinion:

I respect and support police officers but this video is terribly disturbing.
A man just died because of resisting arrest for a forged check and under the influence?
Once the cuffs are on all is safe. The knee to the neck after cuffing necessary?
Yeah... if you are a serial killer.I most sincerely question the methodology.
Revamping the protocol in order.......................
Yes the vast majority of Americans respect and support police officers. But when we see incidents like there, we won't tolerate it.

And even if this person was believed to be a serial killer, police officers are not granted the right or power to execute him/her on the street.

Old 05-27-2020, 06:02 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Like it or hate it the following is only my opinion:

I respect and support police officers but this video is terribly disturbing.
A man just died because of resisting arrest for a forged check and under the influence?
Once the cuffs are on all is safe. The knee to the neck after cuffing necessary?
Yeah... if you are a serial killer. I most sincerely question and challenge the dispensation
of control. Revamping the protocol in order.......................
Comply or die is the protocol in every dept. and a little truth in advertising would be to have the motto emblazoned on the side of every squad car instead of the "serve and protect" lie commonly seen

Old 05-27-2020, 06:06 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I agree (and I come from a family of cops). Many (I do disagree that it is "most") cops are not qualified to handle the job.

Unfortunately, that's what we get for demonizing the actions of all cops, and making them the enemy. Not many good and decent people would sign up to put themselves and their families through that.
We also get the decent cops don’t out the bad cops. The blue line is strong. Until they clean ranks these things will continue.

Old 05-27-2020, 06:30 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
I’m usually on the side of the police, but in this case, in addition to being fired, this officer needs to face and convicted on murder charges and have his freedom and life stripped from him.

Telling the victim to “get up” while smirking and continuing to apply pressure to his neck is all i needed to see to tell me that this was a malicious act on behalf of that murderer.

There is no defense for what was done. The victim was handcuffed behind his back and subdued. Why continue to hold your knee to his neck when he’s clearly saying that he cannot breath!?

Old 05-27-2020, 06:32 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,880,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
The victim was handcuffed behind his back and subdued. Why continue to hold your knee to his neck when he’s clearly saying that he cannot breath!?
THIS is the main thing!! Why why why. There were FOUR police on the scene. Four police couldn't get one handcuffed man into a patrol car??

I said this when I thought there were two, then I found there were FOUR. This is so truly mind boggling.

So now the good police are going to be even more hated because of the actions of this psycho cop. Way to go. Make cops look bad and fan the fires of race divide because you have some lameass power addiction problem and a touch of sadism into the bargain. Ugh. I hope he gets serious charges laid, manslaughter at the least, and his stubby little partner as well and the other two we cannot see in the vid.

Old 05-27-2020, 06:55 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Here come the riots. But why? The cops were immediately fired and no doubt criminal charges are being investigated. No need for lawlessness.

Old 05-27-2020, 06:57 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
While this was an unjust killing, lets also focus on the fact that whites are killed at hands of police at a much higher rate than blacks. Main difference is, white killings by police dont make for a juicy news story that the mainstream media can jump all over and create racial tension throughout the nation.

Old 05-27-2020, 07:00 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Here come the riots. But why? The cops were immediately fired and no doubt criminal charges are being investigated. No need for lawlessness.
This is their first legitimate excuse to riot in a really long time, just let them have their moment.

Old 05-27-2020, 07:03 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
While this was an unjust killing, lets also focus on the fact that whites are killed at hands of police at a much higher rate than blacks. Main difference is, white killings by police dont make for a juicy news story that the mainstream media can jump all over and create racial tension throughout the nation.
You got some stats for us to look at?

I mean white folks make up something like ~72% of the population, compared to ~13% blacks, so.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies