Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2020, 08:49 AM

16,573 posts, read 8,596,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I will start out by saying the cop deserves to be punished to the fullest extent. That was abuse of power. I'm not defending the guy. What happened was terrible and inexcusable. But why is everybody assuming its racially motivated? George Floyd just happened to be black. It COULD had been racially motivated. But at this point, everybody is just assuming.

And on another note, if the same thing happened to a white man, would there be this much outrage?
Clearly the media and politicians framed this as a racial incident, not police brutality. Thus it took on a life of it's own with the typical players and race merchants stoking the fire.
The news media including Fox and others were unarmed black man killed by white cop was the tagline, you knew it was going to explode.
The same is true of the idiots who chased down the guy and shot him. No racial motivation has ever been shown in that incident, but it's didn't stop the media from mentioning the race of the fools or the victim.

The restraining cop likely is some type of a SOB, so he would likely inflict the same type of brutality against anyone, of any stripe.
But the moment I heard the woke crying mayor talk about historical racial injustice and associate it with this incident, you knew that was like throwing jet fuel on an ember.

So the answer to your question is no.
There are black cops who can be brutal to a fellow black citizen, and nothing would be said beyond the typical.
Same with black officer on the neck of a white suspect. Just about any combo other than white cop on black suspect would not raise an eyebrow.

`

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
I believe they have not yet released the full details of the autopsy including tox reports. But that's irrelevant because what does it matter if Floyd had underlying conditions, he would be with us today if the cop didn't press on his neck for a long time.

And the longer they delay taking action against these officers, the longer these riots will continue.

860 posts, read 321,603 times
National Guard called in after 5 shot, more than 50 buildings burned or damaged during Minneapolis riots

2,949 posts, read 1,354,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
These ignorant animals are too impatient and impulsive to allow time for justice. Every. Single. Time.

They burn down their neighborhoods and hurt each other as we watch in horror on our TV’s and at the end of the day they have so successfully distracted from their so-called “cause” that people are saying “George who?”

Good job, folks.
Re bolded, I'll add, "after a hard day's work to provide for the losers who don't work and don't want to."

I guess, though, they are "doing their job," which is being a criminal thug.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:50 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,557 times
AT what point can the President say this is a Civil War and activate the US Armed forces if the leaders of Minneapolis and Minnesota continue to sit on their hands?

As far as I'm concerned they are as guilty as the anarchists.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Mayor ordered them to stand down and abandon the Precinct house.

Odd development ... George Floyd and the Cop knew each other. They both worked Security at the same nightclub.

Minneapolis Mayor Frey: 'Brick and mortar is not as important as life' - ABC News

During his address to media, Frey reflected on the bigger meaning of the protests.

"Brick and mortar are not as important as life," he said. "The symbolism of a building cannot outweigh the significance of life."

Frey said that "we are going to be united as a city," and added that he was the one who made the decision to have officers withdraw from the 3rd Precinct building. He noted the danger to both the officers inside the building as well as the protesters.

A former club owner in south Minneapolis says the now-fired police officer and the black man who died in his custody this week both worked security for her club up to the end of last year.
He is a weak "man" and crybaby.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:52 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,703,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That attitude is exactly why there's ongoing "victimhood." /smh
Yeah....now.....you and people like you are just trying to deflect by suggesting that blacks are victims....but of LIBERALISM.....and not White Racism. You can't say that we should NOT have a victim mentality then argue that we are victims of Liberals or Democrats. Obviously you just have a problem with the victimizers being pointed out as "White". All white people, regardless of era, were never complicit in the oppression of blacks. It was never a ubiquitous phenomenon among whites. Not monolithic. However, whites were the ones doing it to blacks, even though it was not ALL whites. The fact that southern whites used to be democrats is not germane, because southern whites are now mostly republicans. Southern whites were the problem, not their political affiliation. Black people are smart enough to realize the deflection.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
LOL yup, which is why the city deserves to be burned down. If you stand down and allow animals to do as they please, at that point it's your fault. I won't blame animals for being animals, I blame the weak people who enable them.
Rep, rep, rep!

Old 05-29-2020, 08:54 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,703,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
LOL.....so telling people the origin of a virus, to you, is the same as brainwashing your children to believe that they are inferior victims and that "the man" is out to get them?

That's brilliant.

Again, I do hope one day your cruel master sets you free.
Telling people the history of race in America is synonymous with telling people the Origins of black problems in America today. You don't get that

Hey......Pssssstttttttttttttt. I got a little secret for you! THE ORIGIN OF THE PRESENT.....IS THE PAST!!!!

Old 05-29-2020, 08:55 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,557 times
Imagine for a moment that we had a population that was calm and intelligent enough to wait for an official investigation before losing their minds.

What heaven that would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies