Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2020, 09:34 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,102,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Wow.... The twist takes another turn.....
Both men, the cop and the deceased, worked for the same club as security/bouncers.

Watch this news story about it and the lady that hired them both
Wow. That is crazy.

BentBow, you and I hardly agree on much of anything. But I'm 100% with you on this issue.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:34 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,732,462 times
Here is a point to ponder.

Can a person who, through statistics or otherwise, believe that blacks are more violent and criminally prone than other races not be biased in their assumptions and treatment of black people? I mean, does it make sense that people will, in a different time, argue about statistics on black crime and violence, then on another occasion argue that blacks are seen and treated no differently than whites?

If blacks are seen as more criminal, more athletic, stronger, not feeling pain as much.......does it not stand to reason that a person who believes these things, subconsciously if not consciously, will manifest those beliefs in their actions and treatment of a black person during conflict?

There are so many people on this forum, and others, who constantly harp on black crime that it stands to reason that they have a greater fear of blacks than others. You don't have to call it fear, because some will object that they are "scared". Whatever you want to call it, more cautious, more concerned, more alert, the bottom line is that they see blacks differently and seeing blacks differently means that they are more likely to react or interact differently with blacks than whites, in certain confrontational situations.

The only way that I could buy what people are selling in regards to dismissing the influence of race in such situations is if, and only if, America does not show a belief that they see blacks as more threatening. From what I see of talk of black crime.....to me that translates into seeing blacks differently enough to treat them differently.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:35 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,740,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
Have you seen the autopsy report?
Does it state his death was by asphyxiation, and no other cause?

Of course I agree keeping him in that hold after being cuffed was ridiculous and I think the cop is a sadist and power junkie.

However it's likely he died from drugs/cardiac effect; the autopsy shall reveal all. Will be A-OK with saying I was wrong if it does show he was asphyxiated.
It says homicide

Old 05-29-2020, 09:40 AM

8,964 posts, read 2,572,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Here is a point to ponder.

Can a person who, through statistics or otherwise, believe that blacks are more violent and criminally prone than other races not be biased in their assumptions and treatment of black people? I mean, does it make sense that people will, in a different time, argue about statistics on black crime and violence, then on another occasion argue that blacks are seen and treated no differently than whites?
It's merely statistics explaining statistics.

It's similar to if you pointed out that there were more murders in the months that sold the most ice cream thus ice cream must be causing murders and I explained to you that the reason for that is that more ice cream is sold in hot months and there is a connection between heat and violence, not a direct connection between ice cream sales and violence.

The identitarian nonsense that you've been brainwashed with would have you believe that the disproportionate rate in which black people are killed by police is due to racism....evil white oppressors holding you down. When in reality, it's that those people are involved in violent crime at an even more disproportionate rate leading to more violent interactions with police.

The truth is that you aren't actually being oppressed, but people always want someone else to blame, so here we are. Everyone has a target, the Nazis blamed the Jews, you blame "white people", it's exactly the same.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:40 AM

25,456 posts, read 9,856,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't think we're getting worse so much as we're seeing this on camera alot more. Something tells me this kind of stuff has taken place much more than we might know. The bigotry and racism we see, it never really stopped. It's illegal to stop me from living wherever I want or to keep me from other freedoms. However, some people still have the same mentality. We're just seeing it on camera alot more. Social media has availed many things that even the news doesn't always get.

I'm too squeamish to watch the arrest. I think about someone having their knee on my neck and I freak.
Exactly. I can't watch videos like this either, but I'm thankful somebody took it. You are right. It's not getting worse, it's just getting filmed, as they say.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:41 AM

7,151 posts, read 12,708,807 times
It was a brutal murder of a fellow human being--and a slow, painful murder by suffocation.

'Nuff said.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:43 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,740,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Wow. That is crazy.

BentBow, you and I hardly agree on much of anything. But I'm 100% with you on this issue.
The truth has no enemies but the guilty.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:47 AM

22,017 posts, read 9,591,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Well when you convince a demographic they’re permanent victims and everything is always someone else’s fault, instead of directing that energy toward education in the world’s richest country, is it no wonder the result is a complete destruction of property, jobs, businesses, wealth, and investment in those communities?

You should see the interviews, the looters are still blaming someone else for burning down their own neighborhoods.

As a black man, this looting only confirms the deep seeded prejudices and stereotypes non-blacks have against blacks and it continually sets us back decades.
I totally agree but sadly, people won't see that these are staged, paid ANTIFA riots. So Antifa's objective is to make people angrier at blacks. But why? Who benefits from this? The questions being asked are the wrong questions. Who is paying these people?

Old 05-29-2020, 09:48 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,102,076 times
Has anyone else seen this video? I'm going to post it in every riot/Floyd thread to make sure as many people see it as possible.

This is crazy. Who is that dude?! Antifa anarchist nutjob? Far-right conservative trying to frame black protesters? We will probably never know the answer to this question, but the video is crazy regardless.

https://twitter.com/jennwwg1wgaus/st...38027741184000

Old 05-29-2020, 09:49 AM

15,556 posts, read 10,549,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Who keeps hiding stories? Last night a story came out that the cop and Mr Lloyd worked together as security at a club.Today that story is gone.
This needs to be investigated. Bad blood between the two? It doesn't change the fact that the officer was a pos. But, what if he was involved in more crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies