Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2020, 05:42 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
See what?

People like you always have these long winded reasons to try and explain why we aren’t seeing what we are seeing.

There was no need to keep a knee on his neck that long. If that was a dog and not a Black man you guys would be furious.
TRANSLATION: I can't refute anything you said, but I hate it anyway. So I'll call it names, and make up some lies about what "you guys" think and bash you for those. Easier than thinking.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:44 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
4 cops fired. Hopefully they won’t get their pension. Unfortunately, the next county over will probably hire them.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:45 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
TRANSLATION: I can't refute anything you said, but I hate it anyway. So I'll call it names, and make up some lies about what "you guys" think and bash you for those. Easier than thinking.
No names or lies.. well, except for the one you just told about my post.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:50 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
NBC news has obtained what appears to be surveillance video capturing the beginning of the arrest.

I get a message, "this media cannot be opened".

Can anyone else open and view it?

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/...o-investigate/

EDITED TO ADD: I could finally open it. It starts with him crumpled in a corner, on the ground, handcuffed, and a cop appears to be gently trying to get him to stand up. He appears GREATLY impaired, although not resisting - he just appears that even walking forward is difficult. Finally two cops are able to get him to stand and he's being led to the squad car, carefully. They get him nearly to the squad car when they veer a little out of range of the camera, although the open squad car door is in camera range, the video clip ends, which is a little useless. I'd like to see the next 10 seconds to see whether he was resisting. I'm guessing he just couldn't quite get into the car, but we can't see it. The good thing is, there IS video for the investigators to watch. I don't believe neck kneeler cop is in this video.

Last edited by ClaraC; 05-26-2020 at 06:01 PM..

Old 05-26-2020, 06:00 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,367,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
Oh my God...

I am on the side of the police 9/10 times but this...I'm speechless.

He was handcuffed. Why why why didn't they just put him in the car?!

I'd guess drugs and perhaps some as yet unknown (to the public) medical conditions contributed to him dying, he wasn't suffocated to death by the policeman, as his speech wasn't even labored but keeping him prone when he was in medical distress, with pressure on the big vessels of the neck may've exacerbated what was already going on with him, medically speaking so contributed to the death...

The demeanor of the cop with his leg on the guy...sickening...seemed to be oddly getting off on the power...

Sorry but this is that rare time that I side with the criminal. Very upsetting video.
You said the exact words of how I felt. I always want to give the cops the benefit of the doubt. Hard to in this case. Pretty sure I just witnessed a murder.

Old 05-26-2020, 06:06 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,007,445 times
Straight up murder. It would be justified for someone to exercise their 2nd amendment right against that cop.

Old 05-26-2020, 06:09 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
While I agree with that narrative generally, the man was cuffed and on the ground and subdued. He did not pose an immediate threat to multiple officers in that state. Not in the sense that he had to have a knee in his neck for minutes. Again, this would be different if the man was not cuffed and high on drugs resisting the cops. But that's not what we are dealing with here.
I know people esp BLM get very agitated about this but where is the outrage in my home town about this

https://whnt.com/news/chicago-sees-d...o4pHOk6XuUCBR8

Old 05-26-2020, 06:11 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Doesn’t matter. Cops should protect and serve, not choke and kill.
Agreed. Totally outrageous.

Old 05-26-2020, 06:12 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
NBC news has obtained what appears to be surveillance video capturing the beginning of the arrest.

I get a message, "this media cannot be opened".

Can anyone else open and view it?

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/...o-investigate/

EDITED TO ADD: I could finally open it. It starts with him crumpled in a corner, on the ground, handcuffed, and a cop appears to be gently trying to get him to stand up. He appears GREATLY impaired, although not resisting - he just appears that even walking forward is difficult. Finally two cops are able to get him to stand and he's being led to the squad car, carefully. They get him nearly to the squad car when they veer a little out of range of the camera, although the open squad car door is in camera range, the video clip ends, which is a little useless. I'd like to see the next 10 seconds to see whether he was resisting. I'm guessing he just couldn't quite get into the car, but we can't see it. The good thing is, there IS video for the investigators to watch. I don't believe neck kneeler cop is in this video.
Yeah, it doesn’t add anything helpful other than to show he is impaired in some way.

Old 05-26-2020, 06:14 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Yeah, it doesn’t add anything helpful other than to show he is impaired in some way.
It shows at first, he was treated very gently and respectfully by two cops. Then at some point it all went terribly south. With the exception of his sheer size, and the difficulty that presents when trying to get an impaired person into the back of a car, it doesn't look to me like he could put up much effective resistance at all.

And it shows he was ALREADY handcuffed - neck kneeler hadn't just gone through the throes of trying to handcuff a large strong man and might have been reluctant to free him at the time the bystander video begins. He was handcuffed from the very beginning of that sequence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies