Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2020, 02:45 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,115,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I bet you have now wore a mask yet. You like going out shopping for stuff without your mask....I bet. Right? You are a REBEL, no pun intended, going against the grain of lock down and guidelines. Not obeying. But it's okay for you not to LISTEN and follower orders.
If a cop yoked him up for violating any of these orders coming from the coronavirus lockdown, I'm pretty sure he's going to be one of those guys who says he has a right to ignore orders HE finds unconstitutional.

Old 05-26-2020, 02:47 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
If a cop yoked him up for violating any of these orders coming from the coronavirus lockdown, I'm pretty sure he's going to be one of those guys who says he has a right to ignore orders HE finds unconstitutional.
Yep. No doubt about it. He just figures he will never be in the situation of the individual killed....so he does not worry about the rights of people in situations that he would never find himself and has a different standard for situations in which he can envision himself in.....such as being told to wear a mask or to lock down. Then he would not want to comply or listen to authorities telling him to do these things. He will be belligerent.

Old 05-26-2020, 02:50 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Police have got to be the most poorly trained profession in the U.S. They simply don't know what they're doing. How many times have we seen police overreacting to a situation that easily could have been remedied without excessive force? If the guy was already cuffed and on the ground, how did the cop think he was going to get away? Stupid.
I agree with you.

However, I think one of the x-factors when it comes to police using excessive force, that can't really be trained for, is ego. Like everything else with the human psyche, all egos aren't created equal. Some cops are probably able to easily ignore a suspect calling their mother a B-word or calling them the F-word, but some other cops might flip out from it and try to get an extra punch, knee, or bodyslam if they get the chance.

9 times out of 10, I imagine cops get called all kinds of nasty names, words, are insulted, etc. I would imagine most cops ignore it and it doesn't bother them at all. When a small majority are probably super egotistical and they can't stand being insulted by a suspect, causing them to go overboard when the green light to use force presents itself.

We always hear from that "99% of cops are good cops." Well, the 1% of jerks show up every now and then, like this guy in Minneapolis who had no issues shoving his knee into a man's neck for over 3-minutes until he passed out and died.

15,849 posts, read 6,551,421 times
He looks like an older officer as well. Seems he should have known better. Pretty ghastly.

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
I dont know.... but from the looks of it....that cop seemed to legit enjoy killing that guy
Hallmark of a sociopath.

Damn straight.

5,861 posts, read 3,300,267 times
A couple of things. He obviously fought the cops. That is why he was in the position he was in. What have we learned over and over? Don't fight the cops! Secondly that cop is going to go to jail. Either for murder or manslaughter. Either way it looks and is terrible. I am on numerous cop boards and it's almost unanimous among police circles that this cop has what is coming to him.

25,580 posts, read 17,298,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I bet you have not worn a mask yet. You like going out shopping for stuff without your mask....I bet. Right? You are a REBEL, no pun intended, going against the grain of lock down and guidelines. Not obeying. But it's okay for you not to LISTEN and follower orders.
A stupid bet by an unwise and uninformed person.
Carry on.

Old 05-26-2020, 02:51 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
That’s an overreach. At least these days, most police abuse cases are handled fairly and some are sent to a grand jury. If a jury or grand jury acquits you really can’t blame “The State.”
Trouble is, the police get to investigate their own and evidence and body camera footage disappears, hardly an environment to achieve justice. This one was being misrepresented by the police soon after it occurred.

Old 05-26-2020, 02:52 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
One wonders if this would even be a national story or posted here on CD if it was not framed as a minority being arrested by an evil white cop.

`
You wonder about that.

I don’t.

Old 05-26-2020, 02:55 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Covid-19 death, obviously !!! That's why they die !!! No breath !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies