Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 06:06 PM

12,411 posts, read 8,204,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I think it became popular because Obama called Chicago home and Hillary was born there.

2 for 1 special for Team Red.
I don't think it had anything to do with Secretary Clinton but rather that President Obama directly represented the Chicago area both as a community activist and an elected representative before his political rise to the top.

Last edited by Taiko; 05-26-2020 at 06:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 06:31 PM

40,976 posts, read 49,312,419 times
Hope they were all wearing Masks or they'll be thrown in jail by Mayor Crazy Lady.

Old 05-26-2020, 10:46 PM

8,370 posts, read 2,991,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
This is why we need gun control.

Thanks for the reminder.

I’ll say. 10 for 49 is quite the lack of gun control. They would likely have had a higher rate using a knife or some blunt force trauma.

Old 05-26-2020, 10:57 PM

73,138 posts, read 62,801,778 times
While this is not a good thing, Chicago has 2.7 million people, and most of its murders occur in the ghettos, particularly certain areas of the South Side and West Side.

Old 05-26-2020, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
these statistics just point the need for control on a federal level as modern interstates make transportation so easy...but i just know that's not what the second amendment people here want you to conclude so i always chuckle lol
People who kill are going to find a way to get guns. Period. The amount of violence in really bad neighborhoods is a sign of moral problems, family problems, other structural problems. Problems that go beyond just violent crime.

Old 05-26-2020, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Not quite a record. Last year in June there were 52 shot, 8 fatally and 2 people who died of knife wounds.

But then they weren't practicing social distancing at the time....
The individuals committing these shootings aren't going to practice social distancing. Many of them don't care if they live or die.

I'm going to open up a can of worms here. Mind you, I'm only mentioning this for the sake of perspective. I think some other people will use it as fodder to complain about Blacks.

So far, Black Americans are dying from Covid-19 at a higher rate than anyone else. In America, and especially in Illinois, Black men are dying from being murdered more than anyone else. In fact, the death rate for Black males age 15-34 is higher than for most other demographics (and childhood suicide has skyrocketed among Black teenagers). I bring this up in light of what you mention about social distancing. I think the persons doing the shooting, or being shot, aren't likely to worry about Covid-19. Baltimore's mayor was clamoring "quit shooting each other, we need that hospital beds for Covid-19". The persons doing the killing likely don't care if they die or who dies. When an individual can't see themselves living past age 30, consider what kind of mentality will come with that. Now, I'm only talking about this in the context of the particular segment of the Black population living in the worst, most impoverished areas in the inner cities.

That, right there, is something no political, conservative or liberal has been able to solve. When people have so little hope in them that an earlier death means little to them, well, it isn't good.

Old 05-27-2020, 12:23 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,530,237 times
Lol...cops here don't care about our stupid mayor. They don't enforce her stupid rules. They have enough crimes to worry about.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:54 AM

59,341 posts, read 27,505,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
these statistics just point the need for control on a federal level as modern interstates make transportation so easy...but i just know that's not what the second amendment people here want you to conclude so i always chuckle lol
" the need for control on a federal level as modern interstates make transportation so easy."

I have NEVER seen a fed cop on the Interstate. The ONLY fed cops I know of are the FBI and the Capitol Police, I DO see a lot of STATE police, COUNTY police, and CITY police.

So, I haven't a clue what you are trying to say and what point you are trying to make.

" so i always chuckle", after reading your posts, so do I!

Old 05-27-2020, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I don't think it had anything to do with Secretary Clinton but rather that President Obama directly represented the Chicago area both as a community activist and an elected representative before his political rise to the top.
I don't think it has anyting to do with either.

Chicago has been a high crime city ever since Al Capone.
It's HIGH gun shootings rates are used to show how ineffective dem controlled cities can be, and how utterly useless their "common sense" gun control laws are.

Old 05-27-2020, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The individuals committing these shootings aren't going to practice social distancing. Many of them don't care if they live or die.

I'm going to open up a can of worms here. Mind you, I'm only mentioning this for the sake of perspective. I think some other people will use it as fodder to complain about Blacks.

So far, Black Americans are dying from Covid-19 at a higher rate than anyone else. In America, and especially in Illinois, Black men are dying from being murdered more than anyone else. In fact, the death rate for Black males age 15-34 is higher than for most other demographics (and childhood suicide has skyrocketed among Black teenagers). I bring this up in light of what you mention about social distancing. I think the persons doing the shooting, or being shot, aren't likely to worry about Covid-19. Baltimore's mayor was clamoring "quit shooting each other, we need that hospital beds for Covid-19". The persons doing the killing likely don't care if they die or who dies. When an individual can't see themselves living past age 30, consider what kind of mentality will come with that. Now, I'm only talking about this in the context of the particular segment of the Black population living in the worst, most impoverished areas in the inner cities.

That, right there, is something no political, conservative or liberal has been able to solve. When people have so little hope in them that an earlier death means little to them, well, it isn't good.
"So far, Black Americans are dying from Covid-19 at a higher rate than anyone else." Because most live in highly congested urban areas which are "ghettos' and hygiene is NOT something they thank about.

"Black men are dying from being murdered more than anyone else."
And MOST occur in the SAME "ghetto" areas.

"In fact, the death rate for Black males age 15-34 is higher than for most other demographic"
they also commit the MOST crimes.

Because of "drug gangs" in the SAME ghetto areas.

"That, right there, is something no political, conservative or liberal has been able to solve."
Sorry, MOST of this IS DEM controlled areas, run by DEM politicians.

But, as usual the left NEVER takes responsibility for their OWN ACTION and alwasys blame "somebody else"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies