Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 09:23 AM

31,846 posts, read 17,728,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The individuals committing these shootings aren't going to practice social distancing. Many of them don't care if they live or die.

I'm going to open up a can of worms here. Mind you, I'm only mentioning this for the sake of perspective. I think some other people will use it as fodder to complain about Blacks.

So far, Black Americans are dying from Covid-19 at a higher rate than anyone else. In America, and especially in Illinois, Black men are dying from being murdered more than anyone else. In fact, the death rate for Black males age 15-34 is higher than for most other demographics (and childhood suicide has skyrocketed among Black teenagers). I bring this up in light of what you mention about social distancing. I think the persons doing the shooting, or being shot, aren't likely to worry about Covid-19. Baltimore's mayor was clamoring "quit shooting each other, we need that hospital beds for Covid-19". The persons doing the killing likely don't care if they die or who dies. When an individual can't see themselves living past age 30, consider what kind of mentality will come with that. Now, I'm only talking about this in the context of the particular segment of the Black population living in the worst, most impoverished areas in the inner cities.

That, right there, is something no political, conservative or liberal has been able to solve. When people have so little hope in them that an earlier death means little to them, well, it isn't good.
It was a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 09:25 AM

1,662 posts, read 1,062,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Chicago crime is a common theme here, but guess what?

Chicago isn’t killing itself and Illinois isn’t turning Republican.
"Chicago isn't killing itself"

Financially speaking, they definitely are killing themselves.
They've been losing population & tax payers over the past decade.
Chicago is in really bad financial shape at the moment.

When you combine high crime rates, high violence, poor financial condition, city government corruption, and high taxes & cost of living...Chicago appears to be one of the least desirable places in the nation to live.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:26 AM

89,673 posts, read 45,306,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post

When you combine high crime rates, high violence, poor financial condition, city government corruption, and high taxes & cost of living...Chicago appears to be one of the least desirable places in the nation to live.
All true.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:32 AM

227 posts, read 98,648 times
Quote:

Let me take a wild guess.

Republicans are gonna clean it up and make life better for the blacks?

Old 05-27-2020, 10:14 AM

41,010 posts, read 49,491,103 times
Great time to be a Criminal.

Facial recognition and cameras are doing no good and it's encouraged to cover your face.

Masks and gloves inside a 7-11 used to make people run out the back door.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:16 AM

63,917 posts, read 46,953,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
Sounds like if you're under 30 in Chicago, you're far more likely to be murdered than to die of CV19.

Don't know that I'd totally agree. I haven't spent a ton of time in Chicago, but the time I have spent there (most recently last year) has been very positive. But then again I'm usually there as a tourist or on business so I definitely haven't seen the 'seedier' side of town.
Until Corona, I was in the city nearly every week.

The overwhelming number of these shootings occur in 5/ 25 Police Districts. Most shootings are disputes between gang factions or drug trafficking gone wrong. While the population in these neighborhoods is black, not all black majority communities have the same level of gang activity/ shootings.

Last year, Chicago had 55 million overnight visitors who spend $ billions on lodging, dining, entertainment and shopping. Chicago is tied for 2nd place with Orlando for trade shows, remarkable given Chicago winters.

There is no reason for most people to be in the gang- infested neighborhoods where a 10 year old is well on his way to being a hardened criminal and is supervised by a 13 year old who has achieved the state of hardened criminal. Human life has no value. Reportedly, many of these shootings are the result of disputes played out on social media.

Family members of gang members are vulnerable. Snitches get killed. It is reasonable to assume nearly everyone is armed, legal or otherwise, in gang infested neighborhoods. Most of these shootings are drive- byes. If there are witnesses and if any are willing to talk to LE, no two witnessed Report the same thing. People protect their family members and/ or fear retaliation.

Most shootings occur during the wee hours.

A recording of an active shooter This weekend was recorded on Police Radio and made public. Dozens of LE responded. People in the streets were taunting LE- vile. And then gunfire breaks out within the crowd on the street with LE present.

The greatest loss of population in the city is happening in the most dangerous neighborhoods. It’s become a reverse migration.

A few summers ago, local media reported a massive gun battle at a funeral. The local alderman made national news when he said no innocents were harmed. It was a street memorial for a slain gang member- not a funeral. Social media was used to provoke a confrontation with rivals. Gang colors were flying. And no surprise, a rival gang came out of an ally with blazing guns.

There is no fixing hood rat.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:28 AM

26,908 posts, read 22,791,425 times
Quote:
The black communities of Chicago need conservative values to turn things around.
The crime & violence is largely a byproduct of:

-Feminism (promotes and celebrates single motherhood)

-Children born out of wedlock

-No father around to help raise children, be a positive role model

The liberal welfare system only keeps more blacks addicted & stuck in the poverty cycle.

See, you can't turn that around without addressing the WHITE America.
Because it's not the Black women that initiated feminism in the US, but White women.
Now you can't twist it back and enforce "conservative values" on the Blacks, while allowing the White women to keep their *feminism* (*liberation* or whatever you want to call it.)

I understand, it would be convenient to impose "conservative values" on the Black women and to keep "liberal values" for the White ones, but that's not how it works, when all live in one and the same country.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:42 AM

26,908 posts, read 22,791,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"So far, Black Americans are dying from Covid-19 at a higher rate than anyone else." Because most live in highly congested urban areas which are "ghettos' and hygiene is NOT something they thank about.

"Black men are dying from being murdered more than anyone else."
And MOST occur in the SAME "ghetto" areas.

"In fact, the death rate for Black males age 15-34 is higher than for most other demographic"
they also commit the MOST crimes.

Because of "drug gangs" in the SAME ghetto areas.

"That, right there, is something no political, conservative or liberal has been able to solve."
Sorry, MOST of this IS DEM controlled areas, run by DEM politicians.

But, as usual the left NEVER takes responsibility for their OWN ACTION and alwasys blame "somebody else"!

They live where they can afford to live, without driving.
Having a car is a necessity elsewhere; it's expensive, and hence out of their reach.

Even when some would LOVE to move out of those ghettos.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:46 AM

2,066 posts, read 909,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
I’ll say. 10 for 49 is quite the lack of gun control. They would likely have had a higher rate using a knife or some blunt force trauma.

Must be the sideways-style of holding their firearms.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:49 AM

24,967 posts, read 9,706,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkchamps View Post
Let me take a wild guess.

Republicans are gonna clean it up and make life better for the blacks?
You do know Democrats are the party of slavery, Jim Crow, and the KKK right?

Is it no wonder that we blacks are in a state of chaos when we don’t even know the racist history of the political party (Democrats) we believe will “legislate us up the social ladder?”

Chicago and the inner cities will be war zones forever until we blacks start changing from within. There’s no amount of Obama’s that can save Southside Chicago right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies