Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 08:35 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,656,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzou88 View Post

Trump blocked tourist flights from China , and the WHO said he was being racist. He wasn't being racist he was trying stop the spread of the virus.
January 31- Trump blocks travel from China.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...131306831.html

March 2- Trump said that media and public concern about the coronavirus was "a democrat hoax."
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...-hoax-n1146806

March 5- Trump said people infected with the coronavirus should continue to "go to work."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-...le-go-to-work/

Could you please explain how the above actions are not racist, and instead Trump trying to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

Last edited by chad3; 05-30-2020 at 09:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2020, 08:47 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,693,981 times
Quote:
Trump blocked tourist flights from China , and the WHO said he was being racist. He wasn't being racist he was trying stop the spread of the virus.
If Trump was trying to protect the US, he would have stopped flights from Europe at the same time he stopped flights from China. Instead, he waited until March 11 to block the EU and March 14 to block the UK.

The man is racist to the core. Don't get mad at the WHO for telling the truth.

Old 05-30-2020, 09:19 AM

273 posts, read 96,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
If Trump was trying to protect the US, he would have stopped flights from Europe at the same time he stopped flights from China. Instead, he waited until March 11 to block the EU and March 14 to block the UK.

The man is racist to the core. Don't get mad at the WHO for telling the truth.

if the media is going to try and say obvious things like withdrawing from the WHO are wrong, I have no choice but to support Trump.

The WHO encouraged countries to accept flights from Wuhan during the peak of the outbreak , if the WHO would have told every country to close their borders to China until they had it under control this could have all been prevented.

I stopped supporting Trump after he called Kim jung un his friend and I know he failed immensely by not closing all the borders in January, but it doesn't take away from the fact that IMO the CCP intentionally spread the virus by:

allowing international flights to leave wuhan but stopping all domestic flights from Wuhan.

That is not a conspiracy that is a fact and the CCP and the WHO needs to blamed for it.

I never was a huge Trump fan after he called Kim jung un his friend, but I'm sure as heck not going to support the media saying Trump is being hard on China just bc he wants to "pass blame", and that China did nothing wrong.

If I have to make a decision between supporting a perceived racist who stands up to the CCP or supporting a non racist who bows down to the CCP , I will pick the perceived racist every single time.

The CCP is a threat to Americans safety and needs to be stopped at all cost, maybe Trump is immoral in some ways too but he sure as heck doesn't hold a candle to the atrocities the CCP has committed .

Last edited by mizzou88; 05-30-2020 at 09:27 AM..

Old 05-30-2020, 09:23 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Trump removes U.S. from World Health Organization
Trump always needs someone to blame when things fall apart in his hands.

Old 05-30-2020, 09:35 AM

I honestly do not see how in this time of crisis blaming the president instead of blaming the CCP is good for America????

The CCP has officially brainwashed America to believe supporting foreign policies targeting the CCP means you are a Trump supporter.

My fear is that if Trump loses, The CCP will run all over the world just like they have done in East Turkistan, Tibet and now Hong Kong.

I don't see anything as more of a threat to Americans safety other then the CCP, nothing even comes close!!!!

Which one of Trump's policies even come close to threatening Americans as much as the CCP threatens Americans.

Wake up America, the CCP are not friendly people.

HK and Taiwan did not like Trump when he was first elected but since the "wuhan virus" they absolutely love Trump,,, and I feel the same as them!! For all Trumps flaws he is willing to stand up to the CCP and that happens to be just what America needs right now!!!

Old 05-30-2020, 09:38 AM

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/ea...ting-hong-kong

To end the stereotypical image of Trump supporters, here is a group of HKers supporting Trump

Old 05-30-2020, 09:42 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Trump always needs someone to blame when things fall apart in his hands.
Liberals always need Trump to blame when things fall apart when they are at fault.

Old 05-30-2020, 09:52 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Liberals always need Trump to blame when things fall apart when they are at fault.
They will be completely lost when Trump finishes his 3rd term !!!

Old 05-30-2020, 10:52 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:
I honestly do not see how in this time of crisis blaming the president instead of blaming the CCP is good for America????

The CCP has officially brainwashed America to believe supporting foreign policies targeting the CCP means you are a Trump supporter.

My fear is that if Trump loses, The CCP will run all over the world just like they have done in East Turkistan, Tibet and now Hong Kong.

I don't see anything as more of a threat to Americans safety other then the CCP, nothing even comes close!!!!

Which one of Trump's policies even come close to threatening Americans as much as the CCP threatens Americans.

Wake up America, the CCP are not friendly people.

HK and Taiwan did not like Trump when he was first elected but since the "wuhan virus" they absolutely love Trump,,, and I feel the same as them!! For all Trumps flaws he is willing to stand up to the CCP and that happens to be just what America needs right now!!!
You can do both and we have a president who has done nothing but increase the Chinese influence on the world.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:08 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,656,943 times
Quote:

The WHO encouraged countries to accept flights from Wuhan during the peak of the outbreak , if the WHO would have told every country to close their borders to China until they had it under control this could have all been prevented.
The WHO warned president Trump about the coronavirus in 2019.
https://www.businessinsider.com/amer...st-year-2020-4

And in March 2020 president Trump was playing golf and saying "the coronavirus is nothing for Americans to worry about."
https://www.motherjones.com/politics...irus-timeline/

Quote:
I stopped supporting Trump after he called Kim jung un his friend
Trump says "President Xi is a friend of mine and an incredible guy”, "China's President Xi is a brilliant leader and a great man", and "President Xi loves the people of China, he loves his country, and he's doing a very good job."

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-calls...resser-1456138
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019...ong-china.html
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/polit...ina/index.html

Quote:
If I have to make a decision between supporting a perceived racist who stands up to the CCP or supporting a non racist who bows down to the CCP , I will pick the perceived racist every single time.
The CCP is a communist government led by a dictator president Xi. Donald Trump praises and protects the CCP, while Biden would try to destroy the CCP if he was president.

Hong Kong protesters recently fought for the right to vote, freedom of assembly and freedom of speech.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-49317695

But president Trump did not support the Hong Kong protesters. Instead Trump said "President Xi is a friend of mine and an incredible guy” and Trump said "I’m standing with President Xi" (not standing with the protesters fighting for freedom.)

Trump also "refused to commit to signing a bipartisan bill that would impose sanctions on Chinese officials for any human-rights abuses committed in Hong Kong."
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019...ong-china.html

If Biden was president and Hong Kong protesters were fighting for freedom, what would Biden do?

a.) Support the Hong Kong protesters with words, actions, and sanctions on China's communist leaders.

b.) Say "President Xi is a friend of mine and an incredible guy” and "I’m standing with President Xi", while he opposed sanctions on Chinese officials for human-rights abuses committed in Hong Kong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies