Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2020, 09:12 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
https://twitter.com/shehadeh_salem/s...72621948719105

Gotta wonder what was going through his head to think he could get away with that
Whoever 21 Salem is (and the OP of this thread) clearly have a warped sense of proper conduct in the face of name calling.

While it is dumb to call people inflammatory names, it does not justify physical battery like what was seen in the video.
That person could have sustained permanent brain damage or even have died from those punches to the head.
Yet somehow the armchair keyboard commandos seem to think that felonious assault was justified.

On a side note, one wonders if it had been a black guy calling a bunch of whites honky, cracker, etc., if they would feel those guys justified in physically harming the one who called them a name?

`

Old 06-01-2020, 09:16 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I slowed it down and watched it again. Happy?

1. Once you violate the non-aggression principle you've forfeited your rights. The white guy placed his hand on the black man's chest. The white guy is the perp. The black guy is the victim.

2. Since their friend had been victimized it is in their right to neutralize the threat. Yep, carte blanche to subdue the perp.

If you're a conservative/GOP'er you may understand this concept in the form of self-defense. I'm not on Team Red (or Blue for that matter) but if anyone physically assaults me I'm going to neutralize him by whatever means are at my disposal because my rights are absolute as the victim while the aggressor has forfeited his rights.

If I have a fist, I use a fist. If I have a knife, I use a knife (until my arm cramps up from stabbing him so many times). If I have a gun, I empty the chamber. If I have a tank, I roll over him.

And so on and so forth.

My right to self-ownership includes the right of self-defense and it is absolute. You assault me = I end you if I can. White guy was lucky to be knocked out. If he came back for more he might have been killed (and rightfully so).

He should be thanking them for only knocking him out.

Oh, and I don't care what was said. Words are words. Sticks and stones and all.
Bolded to point out the absurdity of your comment The black POS was the aggressor. He came at the white guy. As if the white guy had a hearing problem and needed to be told up close. Moving in was an aggressive maneuver. I would have pulled my gun once that filthy mongrel got closer than ~15 feet.

Old 06-01-2020, 09:26 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
I'm for all for an eye great. But eye for an eye is not over. The white guy will have to press charges on the black guy for assault. The black guy can get a couple of months in prison for this and have his life entirely wrecked. As for the white guy? You better hope and pray that every potential employer knows this white guy used the N word and can never find a job again. Contact your local BLM chapter.
Can you tell us the time stamp on the video when he used the N word?

Old 06-01-2020, 09:27 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Bolded to point out the absurdity of your comment The black POS was the aggressor. He came at the white guy. As if the white guy had a hearing problem and needed to be told up close. Moving in was an aggressive maneuver. I would have pulled my gun once that filthy mongrel got closer than ~15 feet.
White guy wanted a confrontation. He yelled and threw his hands up. Black guy granted his wish. White dude thought he would escalate to touchy-feely and got smoked. Case closed.

15 feet? C'mon.

It wasn't his home. This was on non-privatized land (again, what you folks call public property). Both men had the right to stand next to each other and talk trash. That's called freedom.

You can't violate the NAP though.

Old 06-01-2020, 09:28 PM

8,343 posts, read 2,969,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball View Post
The racist was given some needed discipline. He will remember that..
Two dumbasses. One that can’t back up his big mouth and the other locked up for assault.

Old 06-01-2020, 09:30 PM

8,343 posts, read 2,969,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Unless you're a cop
Wrong. Cop was arrested just like this thug.

Old 06-01-2020, 09:30 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,372,747 times
Quote:
Why does race matter?

Natural rights are absolute. You can't touch someone else like that.
What video are you watching and where are you getting your information, from a superhero comic book or something?

Old 06-01-2020, 09:31 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
The white guy placed his hand on the black man's chest. The white guy is the perp. The black guy is the victim.

White guy was lucky to be knocked out.

He should be thanking them for only knocking him out.
Proof that some opinions aren't even worth listening to.

Quote:
You can't touch another human being. That's all that matters and why the white guy was the guilty party.
At this point, your statements sound like a parody.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 06-01-2020 at 09:47 PM..

1,359 posts, read 1,172,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The victim will find the assaulter and press charges. The victim will win. Contrary to what many people seem to believe, it is not legal to physically assault someone just because you don't like what that person says to you.

Can you repeat that to the police.

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Quote:
I slowed it down and watched it again. Happy?

2. Since their friend had been victimized it is in their right to neutralize the threat. Yep, carte blanche to subdue the perp.
So you see it now, Thug 2 and 3 were the first to throw punches having previously not been involved in the altercation.

You should get this rule book down on paper that you are making up as you go along...... fortunately a civilised judicial system will never agree with your so called laws of nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies