Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2020, 09:21 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,473,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I think currently by far the greatest threat to America is Democrats who are so desperate for power they'll do anything to hurt the country. Honestly it might be best for them to win in November just so they'll stop lighting the curtains on fire.
No, then all we'll do is teach them that they took the right approach over the last few years. That every time they lose they should pitch a fit and threaten to tear down the country if they don't get their way. They have to lose this November or our country is done for. If we have to veer left again at some point, do it when they're being more adult and sane about it.

It's not about right vs left this election, it's about how we as a nation handle this collective temper tantrum. Do we give the left its teddy bear just to shut it up? That just leads to more tantrums.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:23 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
No, then all we'll do is teach them that they took the right approach over the last few years. That every time they lose they should pitch a fit and threaten to tear down the country if they don't get their way. They have to lose this November or our country is done for. If we have to veer left again at some point, do it when they're being more adult and sane about it.

It's not about right vs left this election, it's about how we as a nation handle this collective temper tantrum. Do we give the left its teddy bear just to shut it up? That just leads to more tantrums.
In the end, terrorism is effective when you have a weak minded populace. Perhaps in the past it wouldn't have worked in the US, but I think the times, they are a changin

Old 06-04-2020, 09:23 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Yep. Plus, I'm tired of presidents and leaders giving the people lip service. I find it refreshing as hell that Trump will continue to speak his mind. That's a big reason why we voted for him.

Trump could adopt the DNC platform word for word, and he'd still be condemned by Democrats as he is today.
Almost everyone I know "speaks their mind", that does not qualify one of them to be President. In fact, it generally just makes them an obnoxious loud mouth and shows their ignorance. Defending Trump because he speaks his mind is a pretty lame defense and an even poorer reason to vote for him.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:28 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Almost everyone I know "speaks their mind", that does not qualify one of them to be President. In fact, it generally just makes them an obnoxious loud mouth and shows their ignorance. Defending Trump because he speaks his mind is a pretty lame defense and an even poorer reason to vote for him.
So you prefer to vote for the guy that tells you what you want to hear, instead of the truth.

Got it.

CN

Old 06-04-2020, 09:29 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,396,439 times
Throughout the span of my life, few have been those I've worked with who will accuse and point fingers at everyone around them when things go wrong. Without fail, each time I've witnessed this, the one doing the accusing and finger pointing is the sole cause of the problem. Resident Trump is no different

Old 06-04-2020, 09:38 AM

15,847 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Well what General Mattis says about DJT trying to divide Americans has been apparent for some time now. His priority is clearly more about accumulating power than achieving any higher goals, and dividing the country has worked very well for him in this regard.

"Divide et impera."

Old 06-04-2020, 09:41 AM

284 posts, read 78,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Many people saw the democrats and republicans driving this country over a cliff. They may have quibbled over the details but at the end of the day they were taking us in the same direction. Trump is the only person from either side who stood up and said "They're driving us over a cliff and I'll steer us away from it". It's not even about him being a republican...he may have won if he ran as a democrat as well, if Hillary hadn't found a way to get him to accidentally kill himself on the road to the nomination.

Since his election there has been nothing but a mass temper tantrum by the old order and those who support them. In between fits they try any and every angle to convince us that we need to steer back towards the cliff no matter what. We're now at the point where they realize they may not be able to convince us to head towards the cliff again so they're threatening to blow the car up if we don't agree to turn the wheel.

Trump may be heading us towards a rough road but our choice this November is between that road and the cliff. We never should've fallen asleep at the wheel and let the establishment steer us towards that cliff to begin with, but here we are.

Any person against the establishment will really struggle to do anything in government against them.

Remember that these long life establishment have been in politics for over decades and decades.

They are professional politicians who know the right tone to strike and the right sentimental and empathy tone to talk. Unfortunately Trump does not have that and he's not willing to learn from them.

They know most Americans are very gullible and naïve because they get most of their News and persuasion from the already biased, establishment and heavily controlled Mainstream Media.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:48 AM

284 posts, read 78,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I imagine that he'll be very popular on the Democrat paid speaking circuit now.

Yes...and as we see already James Comey is rooting for the Democrats now. Mattis will follow soon even if he won't say it publicly.

The hard core long term establishments are all on the Biden train. They know he's very easy to manipulate to follow the old ways of US politics and not Trump.

Trump is an outsider who has refused to join the cult establishment.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:01 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Interesting to see Trumplings who puffed up so proudly when tRump selected the 3 generals back in January 2017 now claim that all three are now somehow defective, but their ignorant weak "hero" is gaining strength.

The generals know a phony when they see one.

If Jesus Christ himself came back from the dead to utter a mild criticism of Mad King Donnie, some of these Trumplings, who claim to be Christians, would say that he was a defective Deep State commie, too. And follow it up with the usual "TDS, Orange Man Bad".

Old 06-04-2020, 10:07 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I will vote, and I will not vote for a Democrat.
So who cares?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies