Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2020, 12:10 AM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
So we are supposed to vote for the party of domestic terrorism instead?

Really?
You’re just being dramatic, those looters are simply liberating Americans of their entrepreneurial obligations but torching, stealing, and looting their assets.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:19 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
You know what’s a stain on America?

The burned and looted cities across our great nation that were destroyed at the hands of democrat mobs.

We will never forget.
Oh, bull, burning and looting in cities have been going on in this country since the 1960s. Republicans have never been able to do anything about it even during those periods when they had full power. Probably only some of the rioters are registered to vote.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:22 AM

3,321 posts, read 1,101,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
He's a loser who has gotten fired from his last two jobs. Now he's trying to get some cheap publicity from attacking the President during civil unrest. LOCK HIM UP!!
Awwwww, “lock him up” because he hurt our poor coward of a president’s* wittle fee-fees.....

Y’all couldn’t be more transparent if you tried. Fascists.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Ain't that the truth? Whether it's career military generals, career public health officials, career economists, career ___________ (fill in the blank). Trump knows more than all of them.

I, too, am hopeful for November. If we're being honest, I was a bit nervous about Trump's reelection chances for a while. But between his utter failure with COVID-19, and now his terrible leadership during this Floyd crisis (or lack there of), I think Trump is done. ANd honestly, I think Trump himself and even his supporters are starting to prepare themselves that there's a good chance Trump loses in November.
But there might be enough voters willing to forgive Trump if COVID-19 has gone away in November as well as the protests and riots, along with the DJI closer than ever to 30,000. I wouldn't put it past America to be wrong and foolish enough again to vote for Trump.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:26 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If he, as a former general and head of the defense department, can't see fit to take note of the planned opposition that regular people can see - it shows how uninformed he is.

He says...

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us,” Mattis writes. “We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.”

The problem is that he, along with a ton of people, but responsibilities on presidents that they should not have. And I am including all presidents in this.

It's not his job to unite everybody. It's our job.
You're wrong.

It's the leadership's job to unite. Period. End of story.

That is literally in chapter one of The Art of War, that all generals read.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Pelosi won’t be around much longer.
WRONG. The majority of voters are quite deeply addicted to voting for incumbents and helps explain why the country is so messed up. It may be enough to get Trump reelected, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Old 06-04-2020, 03:05 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Yep. Plus, I'm tired of presidents and leaders giving the people lip service. I find it refreshing as hell that Trump will continue to speak his mind. That's a big reason why we voted for him.

Trump could adopt the DNC platform word for word, and he'd still be condemned by Democrats as he is today.

By that standard you'd likely vote for Putin and Lil' Kim too.

When someone's mind says little but ME! ME! ME!, I'll stop listening thank you very much.

Old 06-04-2020, 04:17 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,350,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Our liberal posters carry on as if Mattis had endorsed Biden.
But he hasn't.

MAGA
Trump 2020
I don’t give two shakes if Mattis endorses Biden. But it is *enormously* telling that a man with his credentials, mannerisms, and long history of being right says ‘enough.’

It’s not about getting Biden. It’s about voting President Trump and his authoritarian views out.

Old 06-04-2020, 04:19 AM

14 posts, read 4,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
Trump's former defense secretary has finally decided to speak out and denounce Trump in the harshest terms:

[URL="https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/06/james-mattis-denounces-trump-protests-militarization/612640/"]James Mattis Denounces President Trump, Describes Him as a Threat to the Constitution - The Atlantic[/URL]

I don't get this. He seems like a really smart guy. How did he just suddenly realize that Trump is unfit to be the president only now?

Old 06-04-2020, 04:30 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
You don't sic your military on your citizens when you have a volunteer military. How dumb can Trump be. I bet Putin told him to do this. Putin would love to see American citizens start hating the military so much that recruitment bottoms out to nil. Yes Trump is a danger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies