Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 04:15 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,767,504 times

Advertisements

I was surprised that Chick Fi La backed down.....but it is what it is.....I doubt this will change moving forward....Twitter is a sewer.

Quote:

The fast-food chain is currently facing backlash on social media after it was reported that James Bodenstedt, the CEO of a company that franchises hundreds of Wendy’s, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell locations, had donated over $440,000 to President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign.

Bodenstedt’s donations were reported by Business Insider back in May, ahead of a roundtable discussion between members of the White House and members of the restaurant industry regarding coronavirus relief efforts. Bodenstedt, the CEO of Muy! Companies, was reportedly the first fast-food franchise operator to participate in such discussions. The White House meeting also took place after Bodenstedt had donated more than $440,000 to Trump’s reelection campaign, the latest being a $200,000 donation to the Trump Victory PAC in March, according to Business Insider.
https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/w...ump-reelection

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-08-2020 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 06-08-2020, 04:23 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
The mob will next be targeting Wendy's buildings.

Old 06-08-2020, 04:43 AM

14,779 posts, read 8,115,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The mob will next be targeting Wendy's buildings.

I would never vandalize or destroy any properties. But I will never again stop by Wendy’s, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell locations (Not a big loss, they all suck any ways! And I doubt they will miss me, I don't do fast food.)But. To me, anyone that supports Trump is Un-American and should be boycotted.

Old 06-08-2020, 05:36 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I would never vandalize or destroy any properties. But I will never again stop by Wendy’s, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell locations (Not a big loss, they all suck any ways! And I doubt they will miss me, I don't do fast food.)But. To me, anyone that supports Trump is Un-American and should be boycotted.
Thumbs up to a peaceful non violent protest. Well done.

Old 06-08-2020, 05:37 AM

29,827 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Comcast donates heavily to democrats, so I'm just gonna stop paying my bills. If dims wanna go low and play dirty, we can do that all week long. This is a game most dims can't win at because they can't pay their bills anyways, the tax payers do, so they have very little say in how "their" monies are spent. I on the other hand, have 100% control over where I shop and who my money is spent supporting.

I never cared much for Wendy's before, but it looks like I will be giving them a try again soon

Old 06-08-2020, 05:53 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
So people who support the President of the United States are Un-American?? More Bizzaro World.

Just curious....do you think that Americans who support the president of their country are worse than low-class scumbags who loot stores, set cars on fire, and throw bricks at people’s heads?

Old 06-08-2020, 06:14 AM

30,170 posts, read 11,809,456 times
I don't base my buying choices on whatever a business does with its money. Seems very childish to me. If you talk about where you invest your money that is different. But if I feel like a Wendy's burger which I do about once a month I am going to get one because I enjoy it.

Old 06-08-2020, 06:21 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Well, I'll have to counteract your boycott by going more often to Wendy's and Taco Bell. I can do without Pizza Hut.

Old 06-08-2020, 06:38 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,229,268 times
Quote:
And to counteract your loss, I will now patronize these restaurants more.

Old 06-08-2020, 06:47 AM

34,236 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Comcast donates heavily to democrats, so I'm just gonna stop paying my bills. If dims wanna go low and play dirty, we can do that all week long. This is a game most dims can't win at because they can't pay their bills anyways, the tax payers do, so they have very little say in how "their" monies are spent. I on the other hand, have 100% control over where I shop and who my money is spent supporting.

I never cared much for Wendy's before, but it looks like I will be giving them a try again soon
Comcast held Biden's high dollar campaign kick off fund raiser and are financial blunders and backers of his. They did the same for Obama and Hillary. Brian Roberts the CEO is a HUGE Democrat supporter and close friend of Obama's and Biden's. ALL the executives are leftist Democrat and big donors. The entire company donates to Democrats only.

Comcast also owns far left NBC and MSNBC yet some here don't think they are Leftist Democrats and Activists. Sad they delude themselves because they don't LIKE the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies