Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 08:28 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times

Advertisements

How old are you?

Old 06-08-2020, 08:30 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Right. I love to join all the festivities where there is food and dancing! With all the heritage months, there is so much to see and eat.

I never actually dated someone of my exact ethnic makeup because it’s really rare and I’m absolutely fine with that.

Only visited Louisville once but it seemed like a nice city.
Actually being a teenager in Louisville where we lived was a very interesting experience. As I got to be a more senior teen and fell into the juvenile delinquent role it was the Interaction with the Black community that kept me on the sane side. We white kids thought we were bad and then ran into the Black side. They were a lot badder. Also educational though.

I came out of an unusual family situation. My mother and father were total good doers from the NYC of the late 30s. In fact my mother was on the NAACP board in Louisville. Pretty rare for a white lady. So we had Black family friends forever. My Black connections were of a very different sort. But perhaps more educational.

Eventually joined the Army and then went back east to finish high school. But it was a great tour...

Old 06-08-2020, 08:39 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:

Why would you complain about Black History Month? Do you complain about German Heritage Month or Polish Heritage Month? Hispanic heritage month? Or all the other heritage months?
When an entire month of school curriculum is diverted to focus on "German Heritage", "Polish Heritage", or "Hispanic Heritage", then we can talk.

ETA: Columbus Day being disregarded now has nothing to do with historical accuracy and everything to do with the lefty talking points of how white imperialists stole from indigineous peoples.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:43 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
When an entire month of school curriculum is diverted to focus on "German Heritage", "Polish Heritage", or "Hispanic Heritage", then we can talk.
So basically you only have a problem with Black History Month. Hispanic Heritage Month is already pretty significant in school depending on where you live. At the end of the day, there are a bunch of heritage months. Tons of ethnic festivals.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:47 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
Only in America can an ethnic group, MINE, have Black Awareness Month, A Black Holiday, Black Colleges, Black Dating Sites, Black Bars & Clubs, Black Business Initiatives, Black Quotas and then turn around and call everyone else racist.

Think about it. So many special things just for my community and yet we claim everyone else is the problem.

You just stay focused on your message, my friend, and don't let the haters get to you. It's a good message.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:
So basically you only have a problem with Black History Month. Hispanic Heritage Month is already pretty significant in school depending on where you live. At the end of the day, there are a bunch of heritage months. Tons of ethnic festivals.
Wrong. No other "heritage month" is politicized and pushed on everyone to the extent that Black History month is. It's in schools, on TV, and promoted by businesses. The most anything else gets is Cinco de Mayo, mainly so they can sell beer.

Teach AMERICAN history, of all the peoples and cultures and major events. Quit dividing us by groups and work on promoting unity. That's what real inclusion is.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:54 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:

ETA: Columbus Day being disregarded now has nothing to do with historical accuracy and everything to do with the lefty talking points of how white imperialists stole from indigineous peoples.
I think its like this, because slavery was really not that long ago (relatively), and it was such a HORRIBLE thing, I dont think people have really gotten over it yet, I think thats why there are so many 'black only' type groups and celebrations.Its not really appropriate for there be such things specifically for white people.

Old 06-08-2020, 09:01 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,517,606 times
Those in power/control who have a agenda for destroying America because once they accomplish that they have nobody standing in their way. They have to keep whites/blacks arguing and seperated because if we ever united against the real problem they would have a serious threat to achieving their agenda in America. And in America the real enemy of We the people works in DC and btw its both the (R) and (D) mobs working the ole good cop bad cop act on us! The mainstream media is owned and controlled and is used to misinform, divert, distract and push their agenda. This agenda has been at play a long time but is in final phase. Via the Communist Manifesto, rules of Communist revolution, Operation Mockingbird, the radical environmental movement, occultic beliefs and practices, false religions, drugs, corruption or the one world gov't scheme to name a few they have gotten close to achieving their goal. Only a free united America stands in the way.

Old 06-08-2020, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I think its like this, because slavery was really not that long ago (relatively), and it was such a HORRIBLE thing, I dont think people have really gotten over it yet, I think thats why there are so many 'black only' type groups and celebrations.Its not really appropriate for there be such things specifically for white people.
The Holocaust was every bit as horrific as slavery and was even more recent. When is "Jewish History Month" ?

Old 06-08-2020, 10:08 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,372,747 times
Quote:
The Holocaust was every bit as horrific as slavery and was even more recent. When is "Jewish History Month" ?
The victim Olympics!!

There were about 3.9 million slaves in the south in 1860.

There are about 30 million slaves in the world right this minute. But the people who are suffering from slavery that they never even endured can't be bothered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies