Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 06:56 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,867,540 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsDklqkajxQ

It is interesting that she brings it up, freedom of speech and questioning things is a great thing of course.

The media though is overplaying it's hand by profiling news like this, they of course have every right to have news on this womans concerns but many are going to have fatigue on this very quickly.

There does need to be alot of reforms here in America, I think a vast majority feel that way. There are way too many incidents of police officers acting inappropriately across America and it has gone on for decades without a comprehensive discussion on it but it seems like the media is overplaying it hand and trying to connect everything to racism (shampoo news story) when that many times is not likely the case.

But, I don't think it is racism that some of the products are locked behind glass.

The "multi-cultural" haircare products tend to be quite expensive and small in comparison to the shampoo's that are on the shelf.

At many stores, the most expensive products or smaller ounce quanity products are locked up and the larger sized and lower unit priced products are not locked in a case.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 06-08-2020 at 07:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2020, 06:59 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Does walmart lock them up because they are racist or because they understand their stock control and theft rates?

We all know the answer.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:06 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
In our local stores the electric toothbrushes and toothbrush heads are locked up requiring shoppers to have to find a clerk to unlock the case.

They're obviously targeting people with teeth.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:10 PM

21,952 posts, read 9,517,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
In our local stores the electric toothbrushes and toothbrush heads are locked up requiring shoppers to have to find a clerk to unlock the case.

They're obviously targeting people with teeth.
They are teethist and we all KNOW IT!

Old 06-08-2020, 07:16 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
I have never seen that in any place that I have lived. Rarely shop at Walmart though. If I were her, I would just shop somewhere else.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:22 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
This is where I am today:

People like this woman want to behave anyway they want: steal, loot, cheat, lie, what have you...

And when that behavior is called out, they blame "racism."

Criticism of your behavior (legal or illegal) does not equal racism. You are not above criticism just because you are a POC.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
I have never seen that in any place that I have lived. Rarely shop at Walmart though. If I were her, I would just shop somewhere else.
I've seen it in nearly every major city in the US. Mostly I've noticed it in the razor section of CVS or similar.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I've seen it in nearly every major city in the US. Mostly I've noticed it in the razor section of CVS or similar.
Sorry, let me clarify. I have not seen that for the multicultural/ethnic hair products. I have seen it for razors, condoms etc.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 06-08-2020 at 07:48 PM..

Old 06-08-2020, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post

People like this woman want to behave anyway they want: steal, loot, cheat, lie, what have you...

Criticism of your behavior (legal or illegal) does not equal racism. You are not above criticism just because you are a POC.
Do you know her? How do you know she steals, loots etc.? She just wants to access her hair products without having to track someone down in the store. Just because she doesn't like it doesn't make her a criminal. People are permitted to have opinions. That's not a crime.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post

There is no suggestion this women is a thief. She most likely is not and never will be.

However she is attempting to pretend the security measures are an implicit accusation of thieving against her. It is just opportunism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies