Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 05:34 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,702,646 times

Advertisements

America needs to address racism from the psychological point of view, as well as the economic and physical point of view. The profession you rarely hear quoted in regards to racism, black people, etc, are psychologist. The profession that studies human behavior and the motives behind them is never asked to look into the racial mindset and the cause and effects upon American society. Why? It makes sense that such needs to be done.

The black doll white doll test is by no means scientific and is not without flaws in the way it was conducted. However, it would be a travesty to throw out the TRUTH being told because of the flaws in the way it was conducted or presented. The findings are VALID...even if the methodology is flawed. Many of us, who are black, KNOW this to be true. Its not always true for everyone. I need to say that because many whites like to debunk a claim by showing that its not an ABSOLUTE.

I believe that these youths thoughts exist in the adult subconscious of America. Those youth are vocalizing thoughts that adults have suppressed into their subconscious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkpUyB2xgTM&t=277s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 05:39 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
hahahaha Dolls? hahahahahaha

Children telling the truth based on their observations on how people act.

What in the world does that have to do with the sky high rate of single parenthood in the black community which is where the problem is.

Old 06-09-2020, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
hahahaha Dolls? hahahahahaha

Children telling the truth based on their observations on how people act.

What in the world does that have to do with the sky high rate of single parenthood in the black community which is where the problem is.
You know children, in those first few years of their lives, are able to learn a whole language just through observation. What they LEARN from the totality of their experiences and environments in their short little lives is OUTSTANDING and without bias. They just tell things as they see them and how it has been narrated to them.

Maybe people who see themselves ass LESS treat themselves and others like they are less....resulting in higher levels of single parent homes. It does not take a high school diploma to see how self insecurity, if not hate, can lead to failed relationships and a host of other interpersonal issues like conflict resolution. It certainly helps to explain why not only do whites see blacks negatively and treat blacks negatively in regards to discrimination and police abuse, but also why blacks themselves treat EACH OTHER negatively, which lends to much higher rates of homicide. America conditions people to see black as being inferior and blacks are subject to this conditioning as much as, if not more than, anyone else.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:13 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,419 times
After watching your vid it makes me think of my simplistic view that racism is a taught behavior. But for that to be true I would have to conclude that blacks parents are teaching their children to favor the white race. In the vid many black children picked out the black doll as being ugly, bad and too dark. Are black parents teaching their children to favor the white race and have disdain for their own?

Maybe a mixture of both a taught behavior and something that is deep rooted in our sub conscience. I do not know but wanted to comment because I find this interesting.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:14 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,427,745 times
The ongoing elimination rhetoric.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
After watching your vid it makes me think of my simplistic view that racism is a taught behavior. But for that to be true I would have to conclude that blacks parents are teaching their children to favor the white race. In the vid many black children picked out the black doll as being ugly, bad and too dark. Are black parents teaching their children to favor the white race and have disdain for their own?

Maybe a mixture of both a taught behavior and something that is deep rooted in our sub conscience. I do not know but wanted to comment because I find this interesting.
Yes...black parents teach their children this.....but they are not consciously teaching them this, but rather, teaching them this through their behavior. Don't look at it like parents sitting their kids down and telling them these things. It's parents and relatives just going about their normal routines and conversations and the children picking up on it without the parent even talking to the children about it. Youth are like sponges. They are absorbing all content from their senses.

Keep in mind that this is what whites were telling blacks for hundreds of years. That is how blacks picked up the belief. Blacks were conditioned to see and treat each other in the way whites were seeing and treating blacks. Why do you think so many blacks reference one and other by the N word? They learned it from whites.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:26 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,054,648 times
Most people would agree that a Lion is aesthetically better looking than a Hippopotamus. But why?
I would argue that the human perception of beauty is mostly NOT taught, it's actually something that is genetic, already hard-wired in the brain at birth.

Quite a few studies have shown that human faces that best align to the golden ratio are considered the most attractive. This is mathematics, it's science.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
Most people would agree that a Lion is aesthetically better looking than a Hippopotamus. But why?
I would argue that the human perception of beauty is mostly NOT taught, it's actually something that is genetic, already hard-wired in the brain at birth.

Quite a few studies have shown that human faces that best align to the golden ratio, are considered the most attractive. This is mathematics, it's science.
I think that is a terrible analogy. Different races are not different species. I would agree that its not natural to be sexually attracted to something that one cannot reproduce in whole. If a person is sexuality attracted to someone because of RACE, primarily, that person has a mental problem. If you go out looking to date a different race than your own...thinking its "better" or something....that is a problem.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:35 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,427,745 times
It's all so tiring.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:37 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,521,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post

There is substantial academic criticism of this study available online. It is by no means accepted as scientific as the OP points out, nor are any conclusions to be drawn from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies