Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 07:12 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
I think these test are kinda unfair to the kids.

When you ask a kid to pick the attractive doll which doll are they supposed to pick??

If a black kid picks the black doll as the attractive doll is that kid saying the white doll isn't attractive?
The thing about kids is that they are not burdened by thoughts like that. Those are adult thoughts. There is no being politically correct with kids. They just say things PURE. They are our subconscious, I believe. Our subconscious just stores information we have observed and left purely up to our subconscious mind, we would see how racist Americans really are. Fortunately we run an app in our heads that filters subconscious thought in order to not be racist or other things not socially acceptable.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 06-09-2020 at 07:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Many of us, who are black, KNOW this to be true. Its not always true for everyone. I need to say that because many whites like to debunk a claim by showing that its not an ABSOLUTE.
do you understand that if you say "anecdotally, we know this to be true" you cannot turn around and say "you're not allowed to provide anecdotes to show it's not always true"?

It does no good to argue whether something isn't always true. The "Doll Test" is heart-breaking - not because white kids pick white babies or black kids pick black babies - but because black kids associates bad traits with the black doll.

I would assume you've read the CNN article about "babies are biased" (paraphrasing). If not, go google it.

Still, once again, you've enumerated a problem, but not proposed any solutions. What has happened with the "doll test" since 2011/2012 ... it is important, since we're talking about an entire generation of kids under 10.

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
You know children, in those first few years of their lives, are able to learn a whole language just through observation. What they LEARN from the totality of their experiences and environments in their short little lives is OUTSTANDING and without bias. They just tell things as they see them and how it has been narrated to them.

Maybe people who see themselves ass LESS treat themselves and others like they are less....resulting in higher levels of single parent homes. It does not take a high school diploma to see how self insecurity, if not hate, can lead to failed relationships and a host of other interpersonal issues like conflict resolution. It certainly helps to explain why not only do whites see blacks negatively and treat blacks negatively in regards to discrimination and police abuse, but also why blacks themselves treat EACH OTHER negatively, which lends to much higher rates of homicide. America conditions people to see black as being inferior and blacks are subject to this conditioning as much as, if not more than, anyone else.
Yes I know childrens behavior. And I know exactly how to combat that thought process. Have 2 parents raising children.

Here is the type of behavior that happens many times more often to children raised in a single parent family.

The type of aggression and hostility demonstrated by a future criminal often is foreshadowed in unusual aggressiveness as early as age five or six.

The future criminal tends to be an individual rejected by other children as early as the first grade who goes on to form his own group of friends, often the future delinquent gang.

The reason blacks are conditioned is because of the high rate of single parent families.

Even in high-crime inner-city neighborhoods, well over 90 percent of children from safe, stable homes do not become delinquents. By contrast only 10 percent of children from unsafe, unstable homes in these neighborhoods avoid crime.

Old 06-09-2020, 07:13 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
Loads of tests good data The science people do good work but Then the spin doctors get busy and reinterpret , The lawyers and politicians weaponize it and it’s original purpose & usefulness becomes long forgotten

Old 06-09-2020, 07:14 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
do you understand that if you say "anecdotally, we know this to be true" you cannot turn around and say "you're not allowed to provide anecdotes to show it's not always true"?

It does no good to argue whether something isn't always true. The "Doll Test" is heart-breaking - not because white kids pick white babies or black kids pick black babies - but because black kids associates bad traits with the black doll.

I would assume you've read the CNN article about "babies are biased" (paraphrasing). If not, go google it.

Still, once again, you've enumerated a problem, but not proposed any solutions. What has happened with the "doll test" since 2011/2012 ... it is important, since we're talking about an entire generation of kids under 10.
The OP doesn't have the ability to take the thought process to the proper level to find out the cause of the problem. Which is the increase in single parent families.

2,180 posts, read 641,103 times
A little less time worrying about dolls, and a little more time worrying about family planning and intact families might go a bit further in solving most of the problems you pretend to care about, "Indentured Servant."

Indeed, black young women consistently have BETTER self image and MORE self-esteem than peers of other races. This, despite the constant carping about feeling like they are "less than."

It's 2020, images, films, media, of women and people of all colors exists if you need to have yourself reflected in popular culture.

16,083 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Quote:
America needs to address racism from the psychological point of view, as well as the economic and physical point of view. The profession you rarely hear quoted in regards to racism, black people, etc, are psychologist. The profession that studies human behavior and the motives behind them is never asked to look into the racial mindset and the cause and effects upon American society. Why? It makes sense that such needs to be done.

The black doll white doll test is by no means scientific and is not without flaws in the way it was conducted. However, it would be a travesty to throw out the TRUTH being told because of the flaws in the way it was conducted or presented. The findings are VALID...even if the methodology is flawed. Many of us, who are black, KNOW this to be true. Its not always true for everyone. I need to say that because many whites like to debunk a claim by showing that its not an ABSOLUTE.

I believe that these youths thoughts exist in the adult subconscious of America. Those youth are vocalizing thoughts that adults have suppressed into their subconscious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkpUyB2xgTM&t=277s
What a compelling video.
Parent with babies should watch this video over and over.
Parents should show their young children the same tests but
constantly encouraging that all can be good, all can be smart,
all can be pretty and all can be liked by adults.

Parents should also block television news from young children only
allowing shows that show love,peace and harmony.

Give the young child a fighting chance when he/she is ready to enter the
educational system to know the difference between love and hatred..................

Old 06-09-2020, 07:15 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
It's all so tiring.

Agreed.

The constant bickering about something as mundane and irrelevant as the color of people's skin is making people just tune it out.

Activists just don't understand that their obsession with race is not shared by the general public.

Crisis fatigue is an actual thing.

Old 06-09-2020, 07:18 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
Per the "white man's ice is colder" mention...

..what, pray tell, does the person who never once in their life pondered the race of the owners of the business that provides anything they purchase need to do "get right" with their thinking?

I don't recall any time in my life ever one time looking at something I wanted to purchase and having one of my should I or shouldn't I criteria being the race of the owners of the business. I don't prefer white owned businesses, nor do I shun black owned businesses...I simply never give such a meaningless descriptor any thought whatsoever when assigning value to a purchase.

If I want anything from coffee filters to video cards to windshield wiper fluid...I buy based on need, value and opportunity cost of the product itself. Those are meaningful criteria. The race of the owner(s) of the company that sells the product is utterly irrelevant, as would be the age, marital status, religion, favorite sports teams, and left/right handedness of the owners. If I want coffee filters, I just look for the ones that fit my filter funnel and have a good price.

When I buy ice, I get bags that are in coolers outside the Speedway. I buy ice based on literally two things - how much do I need for the event I am fetching bags of ice for, and where is the closest place to buy that much? There's the sum total of my ice thinking. That represents, I would venture the educated guess, the thinking virtually anyone uses when they buy bags of ice. How much do I need, where is closest place to the event to purchase that ice such that the ice won't melt before I get it to the event?

For any good or service under the Sun, the thinking of anyone, black or white, will be almost universally the same. What is the good/service's value to the buyer and does the good/service properly satisfy the buyer's wants/needs?

To tell the consumer that they need to include the consideration of some meaningless (to the value of the item) criteria that placates a sociological goal of the collective, and further that the collective's goal should supersede the individual's notions of value and want/need fulfillment...that is entirely unnatural. You demand that user take their totally individual, value based thinking and replace it with forced collective non-value based thinking in the name of the collective having a higher claim on the individual's choices than the individual.

You attempt to defy the natural by replacing with the artificial, not for the individual's sake, but for what you think is the collective's proper path of advancement. Never going to happen. If the individual chooses a path of their own volition, fine, but force will never work, no matter what form or what amount you choose. The reason is because the instant the artificial guiding force takes even one second off, the natural is right there to do what nature does.

Old 06-09-2020, 07:20 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Quote:
The thing about kids is that they are not burdened by thoughts like that. Those are adult thoughts. There is no being politically correct with kids. They just say things PURE. They are our subconscious, I believe. Our subconscious just stores information we have observed and left purely up to our subconscious mind, we would see how racist Americans really are. Fortunately we run an app in our heads that filters subconscious thought in order to to be racist or other things not socially acceptable.
I believe that children of this age know this is a test and that there is expected to be a right and wrong answer. And they want to get the right answer, even if it isn't what they think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies