Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 06:39 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,396,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
America needs to address racism from the psychological point of view, as well as the economic and physical point of view. [snip] Those youth are vocalizing thoughts that adults have suppressed into their subconscious.
if the thoughts about racism are "subconscious", people are unaware they have racist thoughts, how do you propose those subconscious thoughts be changed? be specific.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 06:43 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Yet another thread where we need to rewire all humans to think in a way that is decided by a collective, not natural, internal, individual neuron firing.

Entire OP is the precursor "science" that is supposed to grant the Thought Police their authority to jail/harm people for WrongThink.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:44 AM

7,936 posts, read 9,158,452 times
Colorism is alive, well, and thriving even within the black community

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...mong-ourselves

Old 06-09-2020, 06:45 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
Dolls are dolls and Babies are babies but it is how the babes grow up that makes the difference. This is really a nature V nurture question. Do kids like the black doll over the white because it is innate or learned?

I think kids identify with what they know and later with what they are taught.

My 9 year old niece does not like Trump, I asked her why and she had no clue but she knew she didn't like him. That dislike came from her parents and teachers.

We need to stop being so hung up on a persons skin tone and concentrate more on their character.

The TV shows and movies that are aimed at kids these days are working to form their young brains. There is a theme in these movies that we can all get a long but why do the studios feel the need to always introduce a smart aleck, wise mouthed character that talks like he is from the street? Is it cool? I guess it is but the image they present is not and it has turned many a kid into brats.

Kids know what kids like.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:50 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
As long as we have the limbic animal wiring in our brains trying to defy the laws of nature will only get us so far... we are still not much evolved from animals, it's only our culture that holds this enlightened philosophy of everyone being equal together, and empires come and go. Our genes are wired to perceive people different from us as a threat. It is what it is. It will take hundreds to thousands of years of evolution to weed out the animal drives and killer instinct we have inherently wired into our DNA.

There's no easy solution to the problem of single mothers except to stop rewarding people with handouts for making bad life decisions and let them learn the hard way, but that will never happen until the system collapses... we are too "compassionate" for that. You want people to learn from their mistakes? Make them have to fall on their butts instead of time and time again bailing them out, from top to bottom. People learn nothing when you keep giving them fish over and over again.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:55 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
After watching your vid it makes me think of my simplistic view that racism is a taught behavior. But for that to be true I would have to conclude that blacks parents are teaching their children to favor the white race. In the vid many black children picked out the black doll as being ugly, bad and too dark. Are black parents teaching their children to favor the white race and have disdain for their own?

Maybe a mixture of both a taught behavior and something that is deep rooted in our sub conscience. I do not know but wanted to comment because I find this interesting.
It isn't just the parents -- it's the books, tv shows, etc.........

Marketing just doesn't work on adults.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:55 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
There is substantial academic criticism of this study available online. It is by no means accepted as scientific as the OP points out, nor are any conclusions to be drawn from it.
I know many people who are not licensed to do a repair job.....but can do the repair job just as good as a licensed professional. In other words, just because something is not accredited does not mean that its does not work. Someone might then come and say the work is not up to code....BUT IT WORKS. This finding is the same way. Its not professional or accredited, but it works to expose a truth about race.

I can personally vouch for many of the black findings in this video in my own family. I can't speak on any other race, but what the vid demonstrates from the black perspective is on point.

This speaks to the saying in the older generation of blacks in regards to "The white man's ice being colder" belief among blacks.

The White Man’s Ice Is Colder: Why, as a Black Publisher, I Write on Issues From a Black Perspective – The Rouge Collection
from the article:

My editor-in-chief, Thelisia Davis, asked me the other day, “Gary have you ever heard, the saying, the white man’s ice is colder?” I laughed and said no, but it sure seems like it. I said that because to me it seems easier for white people to get ahead in this city. Let me be clear I said easier, not easy. I asked my dad about the saying because he’s 72 and old people seem to know everything. He told me when he was young black people use to buy ice blocks to keep their food cold. He said that, “if they had a black man and a white man selling ice, black people would buy the white man’s ice.” I asked him why, he responded and said, “The stupid fools use to think, THE WHITE MAN’S ICE WAS COLDER.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 06-09-2020 at 07:07 AM..

Old 06-09-2020, 06:56 AM

7,530 posts, read 11,369,496 times
Pick the doll least likely to get sunburn and skin cancer from the sun?

Those questions will put skin color in proper perspective for those kids.

Old 06-09-2020, 07:04 AM

7,530 posts, read 11,369,496 times
I think these test are kinda unfair to the kids.

When you ask a kid to pick the attractive doll which doll are they supposed to pick??

If a black kid picks the black doll as the attractive doll is that kid saying the white doll isn't attractive?

Old 06-09-2020, 07:10 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,525,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I know many people who are not licensed to do a repair job.....but can do the repair job just as good as a licensed professional. In other words, just because something is not accredited does not mean that its does not work.

I can personally vouch for many of the black findings in this video in my own family. I can't speak on any other race, but what the vid demonstrates from the black perspective is on point.

This speaks to the saying in the older generation of blacks in regards to "The white man's ice being colder" belief among blacks.

The White Man’s Ice Is Colder: Why, as a Black Publisher, I Write on Issues From a Black Perspective – The Rouge Collection
from the article:

My editor-in-chief, Thelisia Davis, asked me the other day, “Gary have you ever heard, the saying, the white man’s ice is colder?” I laughed and said no, but it sure seems like it. I said that because to me it seems easier for white people to get ahead in this city. Let me be clear I said easier, not easy. I asked my dad about the saying because he’s 72 and old people seem to know everything. He told me when he was young black people use to buy ice blocks to keep their food cold. He said that, “if they had a black man and a white man selling ice, black people would buy the white man’s ice.” I asked him why, he responded and said, “The stupid fools use to think, THE WHITE MAN’S ICE WAS COLDER.
Sure, I agree with you. I by no means am a supporter of the appeal to authority arguments. That was kind of my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies