Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2020, 05:59 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm sure they have some sort of plan. Face it, the world is changing. And the racism and small mindedness appear to be on the way out. Woot!
You don't really believe this do you?

These little things are just symbolic, racism and all the other -isms aren't going anywhere. They just remain more hidden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2020, 06:03 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
It's too bad they let their flag become a symbol of evil. It could be no different than the Union Jack which I see on some cars.
It was never a "symbol of evil" until about 5 years ago when the leftists declared it one. All my life it has been a symbol of rebelliousness. I grew up in NYS and a good portion of the kids in my high school had one on their cars. It was not considered racist in those days. More revisionist history-sadly and pathetically one that has gained legs, and denigrated the history of lots of good people.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:05 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,175,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
It appears finally America is understanding what that Confederate flag represents.

150 years to late, but it is good not to recognize the traitors.
You need to read the history.

Since liberal keep saying election should be based on popular vote, Lincoln would not be president if based on popular vote. Then the south confederate would be the real winner of the president and salary would prevail. And guess want, the southern Democrats was pro slavery.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:06 PM

14 posts, read 4,525 times
Nascar is a dumb sport anyway. Real men watch Formula One.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:08 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post

Since liberal keep saying election should be based on popular vote, Lincoln would not be president if based on popular vote. Then the south confederate would be the real winner of the president and salary would prevail. And guess want, the southern Democrats was pro slavery.
Care to point me to the history I missed? PS: it was my minor at university.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:12 PM

19,767 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Well, this was the one place I thought it was okay since that was their roots.
The battle flag of NVA (confederate 'battle flag') is not NASCARs 'roots'. Running moonshine is their roots, and that was born in the Prohibition era from 1920 to 1933.

https://www.history.com/news/how-pro...irth-to-nascar

Old 06-10-2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post

Lincoln won a plurality of votes in a 4 way race.

Quote:
Abraham Lincoln is elected the 16th president of the United States over a deeply divided Democratic Party, becoming the first Republican to win the presidency. Lincoln received only 40 percent of the popular vote but handily defeated the three other candidates: Southern Democrat John C. Breckinridge, Constitutional Union candidate John Bell, and Northern Democrat Stephen Douglas, a U.S. senator for Illinois.
https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...cted-president

Nice try.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It was never a "symbol of evil" until about 5 years ago when the leftists declared it one. All my life it has been a symbol of rebelliousness. I grew up in NYS and a good portion of the kids in my high school had one on their cars. It was not considered racist in those days. More revisionist history-sadly and pathetically one that has gained legs, and denigrated the history of lots of good people.
It was certainly considered racist when I grew up in Maryland in the 70's and 80's. Dukes of Hazzard somehow normalized it again and off it went. Which why it may have become the symbol of 'Rebellion'.

It was not allowed in school or other such places. Period. I didn't even see it all that much in WV when we lived there. It stood for nothing.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:46 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I'm a no good Northerner and now I'm worried that if they keep this up, the tearing down of Civil War statues, the banning of flags and erasing of History that some take great pride in, minus the slavery part and now banning the Confederate Flag at Nascar... which screams "rebel" which is closely related to the origins of Nascar itself that this will all lead to the South Rising Again!

I can't imagine how the North would fair these days with so many of its populace being anti gun Pro mamby pamby....

Talking about secession? Well if that happens it will be Put Down Again! No worries.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:52 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
It symbolizes Southern Pride.
Southern Nascar fans aren't going to like this at all.

In my opinion, the South fries better chicken, plays better football, and sings sweeter songs than anywhere else in this country. Out of all the the things you could take pride in, you choose the flag of a failed state that waged a treasonous war against America? Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies