Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 06:16 PM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
You're kidding, right? I just popped over to Worldometers to check out their numbers, and Sweden's deaths per million number is significantly higher than ours. And that's not even counting the seriously ill.
Wow, guess the protesters, looters, and rioters in America just don't give a damn.

Imagine that, people looting for a TV and marching for a convict instead of staying at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2020, 06:33 PM

30,377 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Looks like many GOP states are just going to choose to ignore much of the spike in COVID-19 in hopes that as President Trump on the virus "like a miracle, it will go away".

Arizona, Texas and Florida seem to be doing everything they can to be in the COVID-19 position NYC was in April.

Many GOP states have handled this pandemic terribly with the exception of Wyoming, Utah, South Dakota, North Dakota. They had their cases in all three states but overall they did better than a vast majority of states on this and had reasonable restrictions while keeping their economies intact.

It seems like where the summer is hottest is optimal for COVID-19 because the people are inside in communal environments with central air conditioning.

Arizona I think is going to have a very, very rough summer. The people who manage the state just walk in a room and brag about how much hospital capacity there is.

I do think the hyper-indivdualistic culture of Florida, Arizona, Texas plays a role in the cases skyrocketing. The everyone for themselves culture of the three states doesn't really work out for them well in the midst of a massive pandemic.

Arizona, Florida, Texas have alot of people living in very, very crowded multi-generational household in urban areas going to crowded stores to keep the electric bills down during peak hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E-flg0zt5M

https://ktar.com/story/3254712/arizo...covid19-cases/

https://kjzz.org/content/1591238/ari...ve-coronavirus

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/2...e-or-formrsquo

Meanwhile, back on planet earth reality, all 10 of the most deaths per million are controlled by Demcorat Governors. Ducey is correct.

Old 06-13-2020, 06:38 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Is Covid going to magically go away?

Are we supposed to be in “lockdown” until there is a vaccine?
Where in any post on this thread did I say that? Stop with replying with nothing but straw arguments.

Old 06-13-2020, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Yes i give the government the middle finger as i refuse to give up my freedom for short term security
And yet you are willing to put yourself up against an enemy that don't give two chits about your freedom. That being the virus.

Old 06-13-2020, 06:45 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,813 times
Arizona, Texas, and Florida may have a relative spike in cases compared to the past but they are NOTHING close to where New York was in April. In fact all three states are well below the U.S. average deaths per capita. My guess is the relative spike in cases may be due to the summer weather being so hot that people are going to air conditioned malls and movie theaters that have all opened up without restrictions rather than spending time outdoors like as they are in Northern and Mountain states. I also think our understanding of how to treat Covid as well as more mask usage and the ability to test upon demand will prevent either one of those current "hot spots" from spiraling out of control as Italy and New York did.

Old 06-13-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Arizona, Texas, and Florida may have a relative spike in cases compared to the past but they are NOTHING close to where New York was in April. In fact all three states are well below the U.S. average deaths per capita. My guess is the relative spike in cases may be due to the summer weather being so hot that people are going to air conditioned malls and movie theaters that have all opened up without restrictions rather than spending time outdoors like as they are in Northern and Mountain states. I also think our understanding of how to treat Covid as well as more mask usage and the ability to test upon demand will prevent either one of those current "hot spots" from spiraling out of control as Italy and New York did.
Ok but Arizona hasn't had many theaters open yet. Where I live the theaters are exclusively AMC and Harkins. Neither chain reopened. The majority of open theaters are drive in.

Old 06-13-2020, 07:23 PM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Is Covid going to magically go away?

Are we supposed to be in “lockdown” until there is a vaccine?
Yes it will go away, don’t you know COVID doesn’t infect protestors? They have some type of immunity to it.

Stay lockdown? Why, we have places to loot and protests to attend.

Never let a silly pandemic get in the way of a mass gathering protest.

Old 06-13-2020, 07:32 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,248,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
The ice cream king (Ducey) is almost as big a moron as Trump. Their mishandling of this whole thing is resulting in genocide.
I don’t think that word means what you think it means.

Old 06-13-2020, 07:41 PM

366 posts, read 110,615 times
Should have never closed in the first place.

Old 06-13-2020, 07:45 PM

35,708 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Ah the CD doctors are in da house again - with their many years of medical expertise- Until the virus comes up close to you via family or friends - God forbid - you will continue with your denials and down playing the seriousness of this virus .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies