Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 05:57 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,102,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Solution: Wear masks. Social distance. Wash Hands. Use Sanitizer.
For how long?

That means most places can not open. That means more and more people wil
Become unemployed. That children cannot Return To school

You realize we are not made to just shut ourselves at home and only go out to buy groceries or protest over a dead felon right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2020, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And attitudes like this is why we are seeing a spike in states like Texas, Nevada and Arizona...
Is Covid going to magically go away?

Are we supposed to be in “lockdown” until there is a vaccine?

Old 06-13-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Yet another thread in which the Ostriches show up proudly proclaiming how they are keeping their head in the sand, all while saying "It is not a pandemic. It is not a pandemic!"

I stocked up on supplies on February 22nd, and advised my family members to do the same on February 25th.

Why? Because I read the news about this 'novel coronavirus'. I also bought a book about the Spanish flu of 1918, to get an idea of what we were facing.

Look it up: "The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History", by John Barry.

Now, this novel coronavirus is not 'the flu'. But how our country reacted in 1918 has been very informative. When cities passed regulations requiring people to wear masks, 'anti-mask' leagues sprang up throughout the country. People called the Spanish flu 'just the flu', and carried on as normal.

We even had a President (Wilson) that refused to recognize that the flu was a problem. The book points out that there is no recorded instance of his ever mentioning the flu.

Why? We were at war. Around the country President Wilson called for Liberty Bond events. The most horrific Liberty Bond parade was done in Philadelphia in October 1918. Look it up. It resulted in thousands of infections and deaths.

Oddly, after the Spanish Flu pandemic was over, people simply forgot about it. Probably ashamed. There were few books written about it, but we had the 'roaring 20s'!

We are reliving history. We have the same idiots proclaiming, for political reasons, that the novel coronavirus is not a 'thing'. Yet, it is, and it is spreading.

The virus is not at its end stage. It is not going away due to summer (see how the Middle East and other hot areas are doing). There is no 'second wave', because the 'first wave' is just getting started.

One benefit, to me: as the stay-at-home orders took effect, it was difficult to buy masks. Now that so many idiots think the crisis is over, it is much easier. I am stocking up on masks, filter inserts, hand sanitizer, vinyl gloves, etc.

Guess you’ll have to stay home all the time wearing a mask watching CNN. Unfortunately not everyone can or will do that

Old 06-13-2020, 06:01 PM

13,693 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Guess you’ll have to stay home all the time wearing a mask watching CNN. Unfortunately not everyone can or will do that

That is not what I said, and you know it.

I have frequently noted that it is impossible to keep the 'economy closed'.

I am lambasting those that refuse to follow simply guidelines: wear a mask in public, and social distance.

You are better than that. I hope.

Old 06-13-2020, 06:02 PM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The entire Covid thing was way overblown. Things should have been opened up long ago, Good for the Republican states! Progressive are easily brainwashed cowards. Wah, I need the Government to protect me and tell me what to do! Wah!!!
Agreed. In the meantime, Sweden looks like geniuses because they never buckled under liberal pressure.

Old 06-13-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
That is not what I said, and you know it.

I have frequently noted that it is impossible to keep the 'economy closed'.

I am lambasting those that refuse to follow simply guidelines: wear a mask in public, and social distance.

You are better than that. I hope.
are you telling your people protesting around the country to social distance?

This doesn’t look like social distancing to me

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...2332758/%3famp

Old 06-13-2020, 06:06 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,287,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Agreed. In the meantime, Sweden looks like geniuses because they never buckled under liberal pressure.

You're kidding, right? I just popped over to Worldometers to check out their numbers, and Sweden's deaths per million number is significantly higher than ours. And that's not even counting the seriously ill.

Old 06-13-2020, 06:07 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,287,874 times
As with every life story, coronavirus is no different with those totally on opposite sides.

My opinion (not that anyone cares) - the only people who are total idiots with this virus are those who believe life should simply go on as before like nothing ever happened. Too f'ing lazy to even put out a small effort, whether it be wear masks at times, or try to social distance when possible. those who throw up their middle finger citing the Constitution and their freedom and that all should be like it was before the virus started are the virus.

Old 06-13-2020, 06:14 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,144,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
As with every life story, coronavirus is no different with those totally on opposite sides.

My opinion (not that anyone cares) - the only people who are total idiots with this virus are those who believe life should simply go on as before like nothing ever happened. Too f'ing lazy to even put out a small effort, whether it be wear masks at times, or try to social distance when possible. those who throw up their middle finger citing the Constitution and their freedom and that all should be like it was before the virus started are the virus.
Yes i give the government the middle finger as i refuse to give up my freedom for short term security

Old 06-13-2020, 06:15 PM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Agreed, let the fearmongers stay unemplyed at home waiting for a nonexistent 2nd stimulus. The rest of us will go back to living lives to the fullest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies