Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 05:28 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
We should never have closed the country. Covid is just a flu
If it is just a flu, how many bodies can be brought to your front lawn and how many bodies would it take for you to realize you were wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2020, 05:30 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,144,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
If it is just a flu, how many bodies can be brought to your front lawn and how many bodies would it take for you to realize you were wrong?
Look at the symptoms, they are the same as the flu

Old 06-13-2020, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The entire Covid thing was way overblown. Things should have been opened up long ago, Good for the Republican states! Progressive are easily brainwashed cowards. Wah, I need the Government to protect me and tell me what to do! Wah!!!
Gov. Ducey is called Ducebag for good reason. I have only seen him wear a mask only once. I'm not saying masks are be all, end all, but it is a damn good start. Schools, Targets, Walmarts and food stores are all mask optional. I think only Costco and hair places are mask needed...

Old 06-13-2020, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Look at the symptoms, they are the same as the flu
Virus make up it is not the flu as flu is caused by influenza viral strands and Covid-19 is a CoronaVirus strand. Symptom wise Covid-19 doesn't have any reporting if the coughs have phelm like flu, headaches aren't as common with Covid-19, shortness of breath isn't as common with flu and I don't recall flu effecting sense of smell or taste and causing lips to turn blue... https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...s-flu#symptoms

Old 06-13-2020, 05:38 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,310,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
I mean is the virus going to just Disappear?

What is your solution? Stay locked in our homes until the vaccine shows up?

Solution: Wear masks. Social distance. Wash Hands. Use Sanitizer.

Old 06-13-2020, 05:41 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,144,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Solution: Wear masks. Social distance. Wash Hands. Use Sanitizer.
Keep dreaming, i will live my life the I want

Old 06-13-2020, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Keep dreaming, i will live my life the I want
And attitudes like this is why we are seeing a spike in states like Texas, Nevada and Arizona...

Old 06-13-2020, 05:46 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,507,413 times
"Arizona governor on COVID-19: "Arizonans Must Learn To Live With The Coronavirus" "

Well that is true because this virus is still here. The only thing you can do is wash your hands and stay away from people. Anyone hacking up a lung coughing can potentially give it to you. A lot of Arizona's numbers are from the Navaho Nation, it's bad there.

Old 06-13-2020, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
"Arizona governor on COVID-19: "Arizonans Must Learn To Live With The Coronavirus" "

Well that is true because this virus is still here. The only thing you can do is wash your hands and stay away from people. Anyone hacking up a lung coughing can potentially give it to you. A lot of Arizona's numbers are from the Navaho Nation, it's bad there.
Maricopa has largely caught up with Navajo territory in the past few weeks.

Old 06-13-2020, 05:54 PM

13,693 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Yet another thread in which the Ostriches show up proudly proclaiming how they are keeping their head in the sand, all while saying "It is not a pandemic. It is not a pandemic!"

I stocked up on supplies on February 22nd, and advised my family members to do the same on February 25th.

Why? Because I read the news about this 'novel coronavirus'. I also bought a book about the Spanish flu of 1918, to get an idea of what we were facing.

Look it up: "The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History", by John Barry.

Now, this novel coronavirus is not 'the flu'. But how our country reacted in 1918 has been very informative. When cities passed regulations requiring people to wear masks, 'anti-mask' leagues sprang up throughout the country. People called the Spanish flu 'just the flu', and carried on as normal.

We even had a President (Wilson) that refused to recognize that the flu was a problem. The book points out that there is no recorded instance of his ever mentioning the flu.

Why? We were at war. Around the country President Wilson called for Liberty Bond events. The most horrific Liberty Bond parade was done in Philadelphia in October 1918. Look it up. It resulted in thousands of infections and deaths.

Oddly, after the Spanish Flu pandemic was over, people simply forgot about it. Probably ashamed. There were few books written about it, but we had the 'roaring 20s'!

We are reliving history. We have the same idiots proclaiming, for political reasons, that the novel coronavirus is not a 'thing'. Yet, it is, and it is spreading.

The virus is not at its end stage. It is not going away due to summer (see how the Middle East and other hot areas are doing). There is no 'second wave', because the 'first wave' is just getting started.

One benefit, to me: as the stay-at-home orders took effect, it was difficult to buy masks. Now that so many idiots think the crisis is over, it is much easier. I am stocking up on masks, filter inserts, hand sanitizer, vinyl gloves, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies