Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2020, 03:20 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,313,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
So Florida should stay shut down for the next 6 months.
That's absurd to shut down.

Instead, mandate masks. Simple. Effective. Inexpensive. Saves the economy. Saves lives.

In the meantime, vaccines are in the works and so are effective treatments that very look promising.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:46 PM

57,360 posts, read 26,276,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
It's not about wanting to get it or not. Or wanting your relatives to get it or not. We're all getting it. The cat is out of the bag. I want to get it sooner than later so I can resume my life.
That is not a good choice considering what is going on in several states, we need to get this under control now or we will be in the same situation several months down the road. Spreading the disease rapidly, where exactly does that get us.

I'm glad some of these governors are finally taking this seriously, I don't know why they had to wait for it to get this bad before they changed their minds.

Old 07-10-2020, 07:46 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,834,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post

Instead, mandate masks. Simple. Effective. Inexpensive. Saves the economy. Saves lives.

In the meantime, vaccines are in the works and so are effective treatments that very look promising.
Kinda like mandating don't kill anyone, or don't rob people, or a simple thing like obey the speed limits. How's those mandates working out? I'm trying to make a point, nothing more.

We ALL know what is necessary to 'limit' the spread, now it's just a matter of personal responsibility.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:00 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,395,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post

The problem is, that people wont' wear them.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:11 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,120,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
And you're so positive you'll survive? Positive you won't be left with lasting health complications? Do you know something the rest of us don't?
I'm not positive, but I'm confident. But if I die, then it was my time. Coronavirus is here to stay, like the flu. We will not only catch it in the future, but catch it repeatedly. If our bodies cannot handle it, our time expires now.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:28 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,050,350 times
Texas, Florida, Arizona getting all the attention while South Carolina is right up there with a nomial percentage of population.

Come on -- give us our due. We !@##ed up this opening good time.

COVID come on in.

Oh wait -- Grandpa Governor who loves him some Trump has scared off that big ole COVID. He showed it....all bars and restaurants -- no alcohol after 11:00pm. Because you know those scientists are reporting how COVID spreads best after 11:00 when alcohol is consumed.

Old 07-10-2020, 09:14 PM

41,991 posts, read 75,271,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I'm not positive, but I'm confident. But if I die, then it was my time. Coronavirus is here to stay, like the flu. We will not only catch it in the future, but catch it repeatedly. If our bodies cannot handle it, our time expires now.
OR

We could all wear masks, keep our distance from most people whenever we can, and limit the hosts for the virus.

Which scenario saves more lives?

Old 07-10-2020, 09:25 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,395,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't think that's possible. But mandating masks and social distancing would help. At least do the basic things. You have a president who runs around all over the place like the country is his playground, merrily denying that we are in the midst of a pandemic. It would help if he started taking this a little more seriously. .
I'm sure he takes it seriously for himself. You can bet that everyone that works near or around him, is required to get a covid test on a daily basis and wear a mask whenever they are around him. However, he doesn't support testing or masks for anyone else. Frankly, he doesn't care if other people get sick.

Old 07-10-2020, 09:53 PM

4,907 posts, read 3,366,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
No body want's "it", and hindsight is always 20-20.

60-80% of Americans will be exposed by 2022. https://www.sciencemag.org/collectio...887.1594403462
All these social safety measures are simply delaying the inevitable...

You can't simply put the economy on hold for however long it takes as the US, nay the ENTIRE WORLD, is already completing drowning in the debt that will likely never be repaid.

Last edited by Lycanmaster; 07-10-2020 at 10:08 PM..

Old 07-10-2020, 09:54 PM

17,679 posts, read 6,940,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I'm sure he takes it seriously for himself. You can bet that everyone that works near or around him, is required to get a covid test on a daily basis and wear a mask whenever they are around him. However, he doesn't support testing or masks for anyone else. Frankly, he doesn't care if other people get sick.
But you don't care if people are ruined if they can't put food on the table for their families. Who's more reprehensible? I know my answer because I know the mortality rate of COVID-19 is less than 0.3%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies