Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2020, 06:11 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
If I was a police officer in one of the cities that are openly trying to defund the police or charge police officers with crimes simply for doing their job, I would be looking for a new career. If your local government does not have your back why do this job. They will charge you with a crime just to keep the protests from going out of control.
"I would be looking for a new career."

Many already are and I'd bet a lot MORE will follow.

"Police officers across the US have quit their jobs in recent days.

"In Minneapolis, at least seven police officers resigned from the department since protests"

"The Atlanta Police Foundation earlier reported that 19 officers had resigned "since the start of social justice protests."

"In South Florida, 10 officers resigned from their city's SWAT unit over concerns about safety, saying they feel "restrained by the politicization of our tactics," according to documents obtained by CNN"

"In Buffalo, New York, "Fifty-seven resigned in disgust because of the treatment of two of their members, who were simply executing orders,"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/16/us/us...ing/index.html

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2020, 04:15 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
The only legitimate gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Old 06-19-2020, 04:25 PM

13,273 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
With liberals/Democrats defending Antifa rioters and saying they want to defund the police and record amount of people buying guns last month

http://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle...onavirus-riots

It seems gun control is officially dead and buried

Hell, the threat of civilians having guns is probably the reason the Antifa/BLM rioters haven’t entered the suburbs
Biden already said when he gets into office he plans on banning Assault weapons. He stopped short of what Booker, and O'Rourke wanted which was a confiscation plan. If Democrats get control of the senate as well which it's now looking like they will have possible 55 democrats in control they could go further while they have the chance to.

I have no doubt his plans are to re-instate what the federal 94-04 ban was like, but to go further make it lot like California where can't remove a magazine. What you have now might have to register with the NFA possibly.

Link from CNN where Biden is talking about using the NFA to force registration.
"Joe Biden is proposing to force owners of assault-style rifles to either sell their firearms through a voluntary buyback program or register them with the federal government under the same law that was first used to strictly control sales of machine guns in the wake of the gangland shootings of the 1920s and '30s."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/02/polit...lan/index.html

Old 06-19-2020, 05:17 PM

1,485 posts, read 954,886 times
Purchase your guns NOW just in case liberals find a way to screw around with election results.

Old 06-26-2020, 05:54 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times
I had been in favor of perhaps a modified gun control law, i.e. deeper personal checks, minimum time to buy guns. But after all these riots, and seeing how governors and mayors completely threw law and order under the bus, and let rioters and looters have their way.....well, Im a changed person. Totally 100% no gun control at all. Ill take my chances.

Old 06-26-2020, 06:35 PM

18,744 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Is gun control dead now?

Hardly.

"Gun control" means using both hands.

As true today as it has ever been.

Old 06-26-2020, 06:48 PM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
I had been in favor of perhaps a modified gun control law, i.e. deeper personal checks, minimum time to buy guns. But after all these riots, and seeing how governors and mayors completely threw law and order under the bus, and let rioters and looters have their way..... well, Im a changed person.Totally 100% no gun control at all. Ill take my chances.
Glad to hear it.

Old 06-27-2020, 08:42 AM

13,273 posts, read 7,316,697 times
The problem is have to make a choice guns or Trump. My own plans are to sell everything I own lost interest in the hobby years ago might as well cash in when prices sky rocket.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:07 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Where I live, the average neighborhood in the burbs or the country has enough home defense paraphnila to hold off a small army.

If Antifa gets brave enough to come around here, they'd better steal a tank first.
I suspect it's the same where I live.

Plus, I have complete faith in our local authorities to not retreat from or accommodate violent, vandalizing and looting so-called "protesters".

Old 06-27-2020, 11:12 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Oh you mean that fantasy organization that is behind all the riots that have nothing to do with Systemic Racism ?

Have fun hiding in your home with your AR waiting for something to happen. Sounds like a great life.
Antifa doesn't exist? Talk about fantasy.

Who the hell is hiding in their homes out here in the burbs and rural areas? None of that urban s**t is happening here, LOL.

We're too smart to crap in our own nests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies