Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2020, 11:29 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,888,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
As a person of color, I am disgusted by all this black on white crime that the media covers up. But please remember that skin color doesn’t make the: that way: it’s the thug CULTURE! That’s exactly why I’d be safer being the only person of color in a lily white town than a Black ghetto.
You're right it's not skin color, it's culture and behavior. And what creates culture? Largely inherited traits and tendencies. If culture came from without and not from within, then you have a first cause dilemma, and Americans would all be one culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2020, 11:34 AM

2,540 posts, read 1,036,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You're right it's not skin color, it's culture and behavior. And what creates culture? Largely inherited traits and tendencies.
But I want to be judged by the content of my character and NOT the color of my skin. My color is darker than most Blacks but my biogenetic race is South Asian and my culture is White upper middle class. I see too many people (both liberals and conservatives) on here making broad generalizations based on color.

Old 06-18-2020, 11:43 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,888,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
But I want to be judged by the content of my character and NOT the color of my skin. My color is darker than most Blacks but my biogenetic race is South Asian and my culture is White upper middle class. I see too many people (both liberals and conservatives) on here making broad generalizations based on color.
No, Americans are not reacting to skin color but other cues and experiences. White people don't really think about color and value lightness much. They have lightness in spades and it has no real value to them. Americans if even unconsciously understand the difference between a dark colored person of African and Asian ancestry.

Old 06-18-2020, 01:27 PM

78,502 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
How is that racist? There were black and white people peacefully protesting just as there were black and white looters.
The term looter has been dubbed "racist" by members of the media. Google it. It's not my invention, just sharing the news.

Old 06-18-2020, 01:33 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,608,743 times
"I want to see what transpired before they started recording. We don't know what started it."

Old 06-18-2020, 01:37 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,745,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
These guys shouldn't be pulling innocent people from their vehicles. definitely uncalled for if unprovoked...
I'm right there with you until you add the qualifier "if unprovoked."

How about never dragging an innocent person from their car for any reason period.

This incident demonstrates that if BLM is blocking the street in front of you, the brake pedal is the wrong pedal. If you want to live, hit the gas and get the hell out of there.

Old 06-18-2020, 01:37 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,607,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
when black people fight somebody not a single one of you say "let's wait for all the facts". lol
sucker-punching people in a 4 (or more)-on-1 scenario is your idea of a 'fight'?

good to know where you're coming from here.

fire up the excuse-o-matic!

Old 06-18-2020, 01:40 PM

78,502 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
"I want to see what transpired before they started recording. We don't know what started it."
Just remember that post Friday night around midnight. Enjoy!

Old 06-18-2020, 01:57 PM

16,637 posts, read 8,643,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
why are some blacks doing this?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1273493409899008001
Some people are just sick and/or evil.

To think any person ( a woman of all people ) would disregard the safety of that child and attack the mother holding it is despicable. She acted like an animal with total disregard for anything but fulfilling her anger/rage.
What it was all about is not the point, but there is a time and place for everything, and attacking a woman holding a child should be grounds for a long stay in jail.
Maybe then the person will learn to control their temper.

`

Old 06-18-2020, 02:02 PM

10,188 posts, read 11,174,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Some people are just sick and/or evil.

To think any person ( a woman of all people ) would disregard the safety of that child and attack the mother holding it is despicable. She acted like an animal with total disregard for anything but fulfilling her anger/rage.
What it was all about is not the point, but there is a time and place for everything, and attacking a woman holding a child should be grounds for a long stay in jail.
Maybe then the person will learn to control their temper.

`
If she done that to me - She would be crapping her teeth.

No regards for the Child whatsoever. Child endangerment..

SAD, SAD, SAD....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies