Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2020, 06:52 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
An officer shot by a taser is incapacitated for 5 seconds. Plenty of time for a couple head-stomps and, perhaps, a few caps in the cranium with his own sidearm. Wake up.
At the point of the shooting there is no taser to use against the officers. And if your mind was not so closed you could likely see that clearly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

4,336 posts, read 1,555,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
If he had to be in jail ( and not killed minding you,) they would have caught up with him later.

But since you see for yourself the way he was treated JUST FOR INSUBORDINATION, not representing any threat, then being incarcerated for Blacks ( or dealing with police in general) = walking a thin line between life and death.

Floyd was yet another recent example of it.
But you can keep on pretending that there is no such problem, and this whole BLM thing came out of nowhere.

So don't try to pull this "mental help" crap again - go and argue with all those crowds out there, explain to THEM that they have no reason whatsoever to protest and riot.
What do you care about MY opinion now?
You don't seem so much to have an opinion. It doesn't rise to that level. More like gibberish, folderal and a hint of balderdash on the side.

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Sorry that is the facts and there are a couple of analysis that lay it all out. It is only nonsense to those who approach the facts with a closed mind.

I am not in the least interested in analysing what should be done. Just accurately reporting on what happened. And stating my opinion that it would appear to rise to the level of murder or manslaughter.
Again, I have not read anywhere where the cop stated he knew the taser could not be used. You keep repeating this, yet not one time you have provided such reference.

You also fail to address, hell just outright ignore, the DA's own statements on tasers, and the fact under Georgia law, a taser is classified as a firearm and is considered a dangerous weapon.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:54 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,637 times
Quote:
At the point of the shooting there is no taser to use against the officers. And if your mind was not so closed you could likely see that clearly.
But the officer didn't know that. Did the perp throw it to the ground? If he had, and was shot thereafter, perhaps there would be some merit to your position, but that is not, from what I see, to be the case.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:56 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
You can believe whatever you wish.
Your opinion is not going to change a thing, when the wheel of history is already on a roll.
Amen.
And you can pretend that had he not made the choices he made, the man would have been killed anyway.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:57 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
The tazer fired. The DA showed a still picture of it firing probes. Stop misinforming or lying. But even if it didn't fire that is mere speculation based on nothing that the officer would've known for sure whether the tazer was still loaded. So according to your argument the officer knew it was loaded then.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:58 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
You don't seem so much to have an opinion. It doesn't rise to that level. More like gibberish, folderal and a hint of balderdash on the side.

Sure-sure, but as I've said - what does it matter.

You can can argue with me all you want, but it won't change the opinion of these crowds out there.
And they are the ones who share my opinion ( I assume.)
And THAT's what matter for the time being.

Old 06-19-2020, 07:00 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
And you can pretend that had he not made the choices he made, the man would have been killed anyway.

No.

Let's be honest - not necessarily, not 100%.
As I've said - it's always A GAMBLE.

Old 06-19-2020, 07:17 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
You can can argue with me all you want, but it won't change the opinion of these crowds out there.
It's not worth it to even try and change their opinion, they are a mix of outright racists and knuckle dragging simpletons. Their opinion quite frankly is irrelevant.

Old 06-19-2020, 07:18 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The tazer fired. The DA showed a still picture of it firing probes. Stop misinforming or lying. But even if it didn't fire that is mere speculation based on nothing that the officer would've known for sure whether the tazer was still loaded. So according to your argument the officer knew it was loaded then.
What on earth are you talking about? Of course the officer knew it was fired. And it was fired in his direction. But he also knew that was the last shot available in that taser. And he was very likely wearing a ballistic vest which would block the vast majority of possible hits from a taser. Darts in an arm might well take out the arm but the rest of the body goes on.

But the officer shot Brooks after that so he knew there was no usable taser in Brook's hands. And he hit Brooks twice in the back...so Brooks was not facing him or charging him, or attempting to back him off with the taser.

Gosh you poor dudes seem to be unable to understand the simplest of things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies