Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2020, 08:58 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,804,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
This area is not confined to the six blocks. In all directions N, S, E, W there are additional blocks and blocks of boarded up buildings. All of those have been spray painted on. Sidewalks are damaged and the trees are bare. The area is full of violent people yelling at one another. I was challenged to fight one talk black man screaming at me the usual "come on mf...." I was able to say I was a nurse and he let me into the center of this miserable concoction of slum homeless and the anti social. There are guns, knives and I would surmise more that this. Rather than the summer of love in the Mayors words these degenerates are looking for a fight....any fight.

I was in Sarajevo before the war. it reminded me of this. No snipers as luck would have it.

This is a devastated area. It will take millions of dollars to rebuild. Pikes Place Market is down Pine street and is essentially shuttered.

After being there, seeing with my own eyes, I can report to you that the destruction of this community in about 2 square miles is a foul smelling on your guard area. There is a feeing of threat and danger. It's hard to fathom that it is located is a major city in the United States.

It is tragic and intentional.
A friend of mine has been pulling a security gig for certain people. They have said many of the same things. Also that they have seen many knives and machetes. That there are a bunch of homeless and drug addicts in that area too. It's really pretty sad to see the Mayor and Governor of this state are allowing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
What's the goal of these people? So misguided.

Also, it is absolutely hilarious that they put up concrete block wall barriers to divide their "country" from the US. Yet, these people are the first ones who would cry about Trump wanting to put a wall up between the US and Mexico. These people seem like children/pitiful.

Wonder what the end result will be here...

Will Trump send in the military? If he does, it will be over and they will clear out quick.
The National Guard was sent in early and Inslee had them leave.
The biggest thing is the Mayor is an idiot and so is "daddy may I" Inslee. They can end it, but they are too weak to do so.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:01 PM

29,568 posts, read 14,714,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Head thug of CHOP is handing out AR-15s to people from trunk of his car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
Where's the ATF when you need them ?

Old 06-18-2020, 09:09 PM

4,491 posts, read 3,938,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
In all directions N, S, E, W there are additional blocks and blocks of boarded up buildings. All of those have been spray painted on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Yeah like I don't know if you realized this, but businesses in the city have been closed since March? For reasons having nothing to do with protests or the CHAZ? Hello?
So, it's OK with you that a store owner can't simply lock the door during the lockdown but they have to board it up as well ? Hello ?

Old 06-18-2020, 10:04 PM

10,093 posts, read 14,491,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post

The National Guard was sent in early and Inslee had them leave.
The biggest thing is the Mayor is an idiot and so is "daddy may I" Inslee. They can end it, but they are too weak to do so.
Well, if that's the case, then let them just sit there indefinitely as people continue to get pissed that their homes in that area are taken over, the area turns into a developing world country zone, and ultimately it will be unappealing -- and will spread -- in Seattle as a whole.

Good job Mayor and Governor--congrats to the beginning of Seattle's rapid decline.

Old 06-18-2020, 10:20 PM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,918,561 times
Seattle's decline has been predicted for about 150 years now. For nearly all of its existence, Seattle has been a dirty, working-class, rough and tumble port city with a high tolerance for vice and homelessness. Seattle is far more orderly and clean today than it has ever been in its entire history.

There are numerous live streams for anyone interested in seeing for themselves what is happening in the Seattle CHOP zone (where the median home price in surrounding neighborhood is a cool $1M). Psst, it is not that exciting. No need to take C-D posters' imaginary descriptions of it gleaned from afar and based on alt-right fantasies.

I suspect many aren't interested in actual truth, however.

Old 06-18-2020, 10:48 PM

27,689 posts, read 16,182,319 times
Put up a bigger wall around it, but first get more wackos in there. Lock them in for good. Asylum. Win win

Old 06-18-2020, 11:02 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,695,430 times
It will only end when the citizens of Seattle wake up, realize that their city is dysfunctional and lawless and put some heat on the mayor or vote her out of office. In general, the elected officials are a representation of the population, so I expect the majority are perfectly content with how their mayor and governor have handled the events of the last few weeks. It is beyond me to truly comprehend, though.

Old 06-18-2020, 11:46 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,358,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Torched in Waco style.

And the Supreme Court would declare that the Feds are justified to use napalm with Gursch writing the majority opinion.
Whatever it takes to clear those scum out.

Old 06-19-2020, 12:46 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,804,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
Seattle's decline has been predicted for about 150 years now. For nearly all of its existence, Seattle has been a dirty, working-class, rough and tumble port city with a high tolerance for vice and homelessness. Seattle is far more orderly and clean today than it has ever been in its entire history.

There are numerous live streams for anyone interested in seeing for themselves what is happening in the Seattle CHOP zone (where the median home price in surrounding neighborhood is a cool $1M). Psst, it is not that exciting. No need to take C-D posters' imaginary descriptions of it gleaned from afar and based on alt-right fantasies.

I suspect many aren't interested in actual truth, however.
The OP experience is the same as friends of ours who have been working security gigs.
But if a 3rd source will help....https://mynorthwest.com/1959063/rant...d_74eFkIjmdWz8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
It will only end when the citizens of Seattle wake up, realize that their city is dysfunctional and lawless and put some heat on the mayor or vote her out of office. In general, the elected officials are a representation of the population, so I expect the majority are perfectly content with how their mayor and governor have handled the events of the last few weeks. It is beyond me to truly comprehend, though.
It will only end when the Mayor and the governor quits being pu$$y's and actually do something about it that others have been doing to keep areas from becoming CHAZ's/CHOP's (whatever they are calling themselves now) in their cities.

Old 06-19-2020, 01:26 AM

11,603 posts, read 6,078,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Where's the ATF when you need them ?

Shutting down law-abiding gun store operators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies