Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2020, 09:21 AM

3,011 posts, read 1,193,317 times

Advertisements

Bubba Smollett

Old 06-24-2020, 09:25 AM

4,808 posts, read 3,535,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
photographic proof NASCAR uses noose type pull ropes in their garages:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/06...3005575699.jpg
Its not a noose. Noose is adjustable and has 13 loops. That NASCAR thing is just a pull handle.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:28 AM

7,086 posts, read 9,636,138 times
Don't you find it odd that when the facts are shared, people want to believe their own narrative?

1. Bubba did not report the incident.
2. FBI stated as such

Yet, people in this thread still want to punish Bubba and the BLM movement. There is no convincing these people of anything positive about the BLM movement. They have already made up their minds.

Someone random NASCAR worker made a false claim and that translates into a BLM flaw. Right.

But call someone a racist because they are a southern white NASCAR fan and they will be quick to tell you not all southern white NASCAR fans are racists.

Well, a false claim by a NASCAR worker, doesn't mean BLM is somehow illegitimate.

Always a double standard.

But carry on.

41,011 posts, read 49,502,140 times
Don't tell Bubba there are Monkey Wrenches all in the shop area.

Those will need to be banned also.

38,922 posts, read 24,051,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
But LIKE Jussie Smollet, he's insisting it's a noose, so now he is involved and has proven himself to be a lying pos who wants to race-bait.

YOU are the problem.
The FBI called it a noose and not a slipknot. What was the FBI trying to protect the band Slipknot? In all seriousness, if the FBI called it such, I don't have a problem with Bubba Wallace calling it such. Had the FBI called it a slipknot, yes I would I agree he is trying to race-bait.

I am not the problem. I understand NASCAR rather well. I been to 7 race weekends at a track, watched casually for about five/six years and watched rather religiously for another seven years. Not just cup but the now Xfinity series and whatever the truck series is called now. I find it hard to believe that NASCAR jumped the gun without contacting track owner ISC about it because if it was a pull rope noose looking slipknot, ISC would know and they can dismiss it before NASCAR's President talks to Bubba.

I have no reason given the events to blame Bubba at this point. None. If he did do it, I would be calling for his ban from the sport that I only casually care for now. NASCAR as a sanctioning body drove me out six seasons ago but I still respect drivers and if conditions are good, I might have seen Jimmie Johnson's retirement race in November. Not my favorite but respect the Hell out of seven times.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:32 AM

3,285 posts, read 1,358,193 times
I haven’t really followed this, I only know NASCAR banned Confederate flags at its events. Why was there a noose to begin with?

Old 06-24-2020, 09:32 AM

4,808 posts, read 3,535,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Don't you find it odd that when the facts are shared, people want to believe their own narrative?

2. FBI stated as such

Yet, people in this thread still want to punish Bubba and the BLM movement. There is no convincing these people of anything positive about the BLM movement. They have already made up their minds.

Someone random NASCAR worker made a false claim and that translates into a BLM flaw. Right.

But call someone a racist because they are a southern white NASCAR fan and they will be quick to tell you not all southern white NASCAR fans are racists.

Well, a false claim by a NASCAR worker, doesn't mean BLM is somehow illegitimate.

But carry on.
I know, as many do, Bubba didnt report it. He is just calling the FBI report BS now and running with the narrative, for publicity only.
BLM is just one of his allies now, and partial sponsor for toys , t-shirts and such.
I mean, if you are a fan of him, good on you. He is now showing his true colors and his internal racism.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:34 AM

19,118 posts, read 12,850,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Breaking: Bubba Wallace still claims it was a noose on Don Lemon’s show

https://mobile.twitter.com/JordanHec...20027597828102
oh come on, I thouht Bubba was a good guy, unbelievable he is going full Jussie Smollett

Dude take the L and move on

Old 06-24-2020, 09:38 AM

38,922 posts, read 24,051,289 times
Quote:

2. FBI stated as such

But carry on.
Great post and no they do not. As stated I dod watch NASCAR and know that pit crews especially tire carriers and gas can men can be former college football players since those are heavy and they have a built in athletic prowless for that. I cannot check if there is an African-American member of the pit crew team but why cannot people accept that?

Old 06-24-2020, 09:40 AM

10,059 posts, read 9,574,874 times
Quote:

2. FBI stated as such

But carry on.
Then you need to tell Bubba it was a false claim, he seems to not get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies