Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2020, 12:16 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You really have a weird skewed way of viewing the world, all the while proudly wearing one of the biggest victimhood badges I've ever seen around here and in real life.

I knew I shouldn't have bothered posting in this thread.
The best way toward separation is not speaking unless absolutely necessary. It works for divorce, it sure as heck can work for race.

Old 06-30-2020, 12:17 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
If that's the case.... it seems like it would be all the more reason not to dress and act like a thug then?

Which is how this part of the topic began.....

If you think racial stereotypes have a negative effect on how people perceive you, then maybe you should stop emulating the stereotype?
Whether I'm looking and acting as a thug or as a businessman, I demand everyone must treat me as a VIP wherever I go.

Old 06-30-2020, 12:20 PM

6,473 posts, read 6,679,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
And what I am saying is that it is now time to stop the experiment. Divide blacks and whites. The two groups should never inhabit the same lands, the same as Japanese, Native Americans, and Malaysians are not forced to live with white Americans and Europeans.
How exactly do you propose this be accomplished? What would happen to interracial couples? Would they have to divorce? What about people who live happily in diverse neighborhoods, with many friends of various races? Are you saying one color or another must be forcefully moved out? What about people of dozens of other ethnicities living among whites? Do they all have to return to the country of their heritage? What if their heritage is from multiple countries?

Ok, I think I've made my point.

Old 06-30-2020, 12:33 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Whether I'm looking and acting as a thug or as a businessman, I demand everyone must treat me as a VIP wherever I go.

Unless you're independently wealthy, you're going to be in for a lifetime of disappointment.

Old 06-30-2020, 12:36 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
How exactly do you propose this be accomplished? What would happen to interracial couples? Would they have to divorce? What about people who live happily in diverse neighborhoods, with many friends of various races? Are you saying one color or another must be forcefully moved out? What about people of dozens of other ethnicities living among whites? Do they all have to return to the country of their heritage? What if their heritage is from multiple countries?

Ok, I think I've made my point.
Blacks are black and claim ourselves as being black, not biracial or anything else. Everyone else is not black. It is that simple.

Old 06-30-2020, 12:40 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You really have a weird skewed way of viewing the world, all the while proudly wearing one of the biggest victimhood badges I've ever seen around here and in real life.

I knew I shouldn't have bothered posting in this thread.
People have to flip the script when presented with unpleasant truths. You can't say that I am lying....so you need a way to make the truth seem like a bad thing. That is why you all came up with this "victim mentality" BS.When black people speak the truth about what happened to blacks racially.....you have to make it seem like they have a mental problem. Essentially, you are claiming we are crazy....lol .

Old 06-30-2020, 12:48 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Unless you're independently wealthy, you're going to be in for a lifetime of disappointment.
I will call the people who disappoint me racist and "Karens" and force them to not disappoint me.

Old 06-30-2020, 12:50 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
If that's the case.... it seems like it would be all the more reason not to dress and act like a thug then?

Which is how this part of the topic began.....

If you think racial stereotypes have a negative effect on how people perceive you, then maybe you should stop emulating the stereotype?
What's dressing like a thug and when did you witness a thug in action dressed that way? Where I am from, Detroit, the people who were hustlers dressed really nicely. Expensive shoes, expensive fur coats, expensive cars. Think of the Mafia. They were thugs who wore nice suits and shirts. I don't know where you are getting all your information. Where I am from people like to dress nice....thugs too. The clothing you associate with thugs is simply the style of hip hop and urban wear that nearly all inn-city youth wear. Its not thug clothing. There is no such thing as thug clothing.....just your perceptions of what groups are thugs and then you associate their clothes to being thug clothing.

Old 06-30-2020, 12:59 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,668,923 times
As a white person, here's my problem with that line of thinking. I'd be comfortable saying that a lot of white people likely think this way based on varying life experience, but most will not say it for fear of repercussion.

Quote:
I believe almost all whites think blacks are supposed to be like everyone else when it is obvious that we are not like anyone else and will never be.
You cannot push to be different and then complain if you are treated differently. I don't really know what the official definition is to "be like everyone else" when our country is as diverse as any on the planet. I think what many of us want are for people to just try to be decent human beings. I am not pointing this post towards you or any specific person. Merely using it as an example for open dialogue. I mean no disrespect. Just want to clear the air up front.

By decent I mean; not holding a grudge against me for something I had no part in nor control over, not using my tax dollars to support yourself instead of grinding out a living like I do, not constantly attempting to separate yourself from the population by designating things that are specific to your race only, etc.... Just wake up every morning and be thankful for what you have and make every effort to contribute to the community as a whole without worrying about skin color or what each of our shortcomings might be. Our struggles are all different and none of us really know the struggle of another. No one in this country has it easy, but success comes in all colors.

Quote:
If your grandparents were slaves and had little of any value to society, no math skills, no reading skills, no history of building militaries, exploration, nothing to be passed down to future generations, how many do whites honestly think will be become successful in any of those things? Few. I am being blunt because that’s what we blacks are, that’s how we have always been. Whites don’t expect Native Americans or Pacific Islanders to change but they want to force it on black people. It won’t happen.
As a white person, I don't expect anyone to give up their culture. There is a lot to be learned from different cultures and all are equally valuable. That being said, you cannot say that just because your ancestors don't have a history that you cannot create one. You are not your grandparents. I also don't buy into the argument of "that's how we've always been". There's always an opportunity for people to change (all people). It's lazy to say we shouldn't strive to change for the better.

I don't think most whites expect anyone to change and lose their culture. As a free society, it would go against what our country was founded on. However, it becomes frustrating in the attempt to treat everyone as equal if black people have made their life's mission to show just how different from everyone else they are. We're American's first and foremost. We should all equally strive to act more like it. We spend too much time fighting and taking to arms, and not enough time listening and being thankful for what we all have.

Old 06-30-2020, 01:11 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,986,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Look over these disparities.

What people like you want me to believe is that 300 years of racial oppression has little to do with these gaps. By default of rejecting that external causation you want me to believe that its the nature of blacks that cause the gaps. You want me to believe that its the lack of black intelligence in making "good choices" as compared to whites intelligence and their choices. You want me to believe that there is some gene that makes blacks more irresponsible and poor parents, relative to whites.

You can keep your pocket blacks in your pocket. Actions create reactions. That is physics. That is the law of the universe as far as we as humans have figured it out. There was a reaction to 300 years of racism that HURT blacks. You refuse to link the black condition to that when that is where all the evidence point. You need to defend "whites" by continuing the tradition of offending black humanity as being inferior.
I have never once said any of those things you think I believe in. I don't believe that it's in your nature. In fact, you have the ability, right now, in America, to do exactly what it is that makes you happy. Want to be a doctor, fine be a doctor, want to be a Satanic priest, fine go do that. I don't care if you make good choices or bad choices, but whatever your choice is, it's not my or my ancestors fault.

I also don't believe in Eugenics or feel that anyone is flawed due to their genes. The Nazi's believed this and boy what a mess that caused.

Actions create reactions, the actions of my generation mean that 300 years of oppression no longer exists, that blacks, browns, Mulattoes, natives, Eskimos, Asians, Greek, Europeans, Egyptians, and everyone else is on a level playing field. The evidence is in YOU. You have had a happy successful life am I right? Have you enjoyed your time here on Earth? The "black" struggles is an American struggle, as a "white" guy I'm here to tell you, the hardships are exactly the same.
Until you can prove me wrong, show me on paper where you were not given something you wanted due to the color of your skin. Not a feeling, not a belief that the system is against you, tangible evidence that we can join hands and fight a court battle over, show me that proof and I'm right there beside you fighting for change. I will gladly lock arms with you and fight that racism. But, until then, it's just "systemic racism" which doesn't exist, not in the eyes of the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies