Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 09:36 AM

9,263 posts, read 6,412,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
But that means the innocent citizens of these states will pay the price--like ME?? Andrew Cuomo doesn't care about riots. He and DiBlasio seem to think they are a natural part of life. I bear no responsibility for him. I voted against him and I fight against his insane policies like bail reform. I see your argument for places like Seattle and Minneapolis where they have had decades of this--so one would assume smart people would have left. But in NY we don't universally support this stuff. We had Pataki, Giuliani, Bloomberg. People on the law and order end of the spectrum. We don't deserve this. We deserve to be protected. If the governor isn't going to do it, someone has to.
Th bottom line is that in our form of government the Feds protect us from foreign threats while the state and city governments protect us from internal threats. If Democrat state and local politicians have failed you then you can either move to another state or begin voting non-Democrat and convince everyone you know to do the same. I live in a politically balanced state and there are no rioting or violence issues here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 09:38 AM

8,403 posts, read 3,007,881 times
No problems in conservative neighborhoods. Democrat mayors seem to be ok with “Protesters”.

Trump haters are funny. They’re ok with how their democrat leaders are handling this BLM bull in their cities. No liberal here is complaining that their mayors aren’t doing anything about the violence, as if they are ok with it.

Now that liberals are fed up with all the leftist destruction they still don’t ask their mayors to do anything. They instead blame Trump and ask why he isn’t doing anything after Trump has offered these democrat mayors and governors which have refused assistance.

Democrat leaders F up their cities and liberals expect Trump to run in and clean up after their leaders tell him to just stay in his bunker. Silly rabbits. Clean up your own garbage you created.

Last edited by Leona Valley; 06-29-2020 at 09:49 AM..

Old 06-29-2020, 09:42 AM

9,263 posts, read 6,412,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
No problems in conservative neighborhoods. Democrat mayors seem to be ok with “Protesters”.
These "problems" are only impacting very tiny areas of the United States by square mileage and if I keep the TV turned off it is almost as if these problems do not exist ... pretty easy to avoid.

Old 06-29-2020, 09:48 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,873,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Mayhem in the streets. Major cities in carnage.

Why isn't POTUS bringing the rain of pain? He's smart as a fox....

What's the strategy?
Trump campaigned on this, despite POTUS has no control over the streets.

So now it’s all about sternly worded letters, tweets and rhetoric.

Old 06-29-2020, 09:52 AM

16,344 posts, read 8,129,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
These "problems" are only impacting very tiny areas of the United States by square mileage and if I keep the TV turned off it is almost as if these problems do not exist ... pretty easy to avoid.
Yep. I live 10 miles from downtown DC and if I didn't watch the news I wouldn't know anything about any protests. There's nothing going on in my fairly liberal town except people riding out the pandemic and going about their lives. Funny, the right claims that the pandemic is overblown, basically fake news, while they try to make a mountain out of the molehill of a few protests and some sporadic violence.

Old 06-29-2020, 10:00 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,873,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm sure he was fine, he was golfing this weekend.
On Friday, Trump tweeted he was cancelling golfing at his Bedminster Club to “ do what is necessary to keep our communities safe”. Then he took off for his Virginia

This was his 272 golf trip since taking office.

I do care if a POTUS plays golf. I do care that Trump continuously criticized Obama for playing golf and pledged he would not do so.

At this rate, Trump will have spent more days playing golf in less than 4 years than Obama did in 8 years in office.

Old 06-29-2020, 10:06 AM

47,044 posts, read 26,135,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I agree. Trump should publicly ask the mayors and governors for their cooperation. If they respond then the problems will diminish but if they continue to ignore Trump then at least Trump will look like he is trying and the state and local Democrat politicians will look worse if they refuse to act.
One does not "cooperate" with Trump, he has never shown any understanding of the concept. He may deem favors to those who feed his ego. It's just that he has no favors to offer.

Why on Earth would, say, Gov. Newsom "cooperate" with a president who's been playing political games with CA disaster relief already? What's the upside? Looking good to the Trump followers in fly-over country?

Old 06-29-2020, 10:07 AM

18,473 posts, read 7,128,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
But that means the innocent citizens of these states will pay the price--like ME?? Andrew Cuomo doesn't care about riots. He and DiBlasio seem to think they are a natural part of life. I bear no responsibility for him. I voted against him and I fight against his insane policies like bail reform. I see your argument for places like Seattle and Minneapolis where they have had decades of this--so one would assume smart people would have left. But in NY we don't universally support this stuff. We had Pataki, Giuliani, Bloomberg. People on the law and order end of the spectrum. We don't deserve this. We deserve to be protected. If the governor isn't going to do it, someone has to.

You have my sympathy.

May I suggest you take the same course of action that I did when I left NY in 1996........ vote with your feet.

Old 06-29-2020, 10:10 AM

20,700 posts, read 12,575,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
Trump does not have the authority to over rule the state and city mayors without a very good reason. If just one person looting and fighting back at any federal troops were killed the bias media would have a field day. It is not the job of the president to do what the cities are suspose to do. He is smart to stay away and let them resolve their own problems. After he is re-elected (and he will be) we will see SOME REAL LAW ENFORCEMENT............AND NO ONE CAN STOP IT...
Even he knows he wouldn't be reelected.

Old 06-29-2020, 10:11 AM

47,044 posts, read 26,135,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post

Trump haters are funny. They’re ok with how their democrat leaders are handling this BLM bull in their cities.
I live in Los Angeles. I have been quite happy with the governor and the mayor's handling of this. Right now, the biggest upheaval is an art installation of 1,200 teddy bears in front of City Hall. And a parade of low riders, IIRC.

This isn't the civil war the righties were hoping for. And Trump is heartily invited to stay the eff away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies