Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 10:13 AM

46,979 posts, read 26,033,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
His options are constitutionally limited unless the state/local officials ask for his help.

Which, if you haven't noticed, they are NOT doing.
And why would they? What does he have to offer? His amazing negotiation skills? His statesman-like gravitas? A photo-op to provide a popularity and authority boost? He - even just his name - can only make matters worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 10:15 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,548,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
So he can retweet people saying white power and calling them his supporters but he’s afraid of criticism by calling for masks, or for people to stop rioting?

Interesting.
Exactly!

Old 06-29-2020, 10:24 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,470,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Mayhem in the streets. Major cities in carnage.

Why isn't POTUS bringing the rain of pain? He's smart as a fox....

What's the strategy?
Trump is in over his head.

He doesn't understand the constitution, never understood his job.

He has been constantly surprised at the things he can not do, because he never learned what the office of the President of the United States is all about.

He didn't understand that our government is a federation of states, and that the states have inherent powers unto themselves. It must have shocked the hell out of him to learn that he can not pardon himself for state crimes.

He has run on nothing but grievances and sour grapes for far too long. He has no agenda, no vision for the future.

He is stuck with a job he hates, in a house he dislikes, and he now knows that he will be crushed in November, so that is a continual blow to his fragile ego. His only hope was outside illegal interference in our elections, and it looks like the election will not be close enough for that to work this time.

The man is already defeated and he basically admitted it in a recent interview.

Time to plan his escape.

Old 06-29-2020, 10:41 AM

445 posts, read 168,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Trump is in over his head.

He doesn't understand the constitution, never understood his job.

He has been constantly surprised at the things he can not do, because he never learned what the office of the President of the United States is all about.

He didn't understand that our government is a federation of states, and that the states have inherent powers unto themselves. It must have shocked the hell out of him to learn that he can not pardon himself for state crimes.

He has run on nothing but grievances and sour grapes for far too long. He has no agenda, no vision for the future.

He is stuck with a job he hates, in a house he dislikes, and he now knows that he will be crushed in November, so that is a continual blow to his fragile ego. His only hope was outside illegal interference in our elections, and it looks like the election will not be close enough for that to work this time.

The man is already defeated and he basically admitted it in a recent interview.

Time to plan his escape.
Like the ones in NJ who just got busted for mail in voter fraud?

Old 06-29-2020, 10:52 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,452,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
I am convinced either

A. He doesn't want to win reelection
B. He is sick

Something is going on, this is NOT the Trump we have seen the past 3 years, MAYBE he thinks letting these thugs run amuck is going to help but folks in the suburbs want to see him DO SOMETHING to stop this THAT would help him, sitting back and watching it unfold will not help. It makes no sense to me.
This is not a "The president needs to do something" situation. This is a time for citizens to do something. They will have to be the ones to shut it down. The president's hands are tied.

Old 06-29-2020, 11:06 AM

20,838 posts, read 17,122,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I live in Los Angeles.
I'm sorry.

Old 06-29-2020, 11:11 AM

8,351 posts, read 2,973,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I live in Los Angeles. I have been quite happy with the governor and the mayor's handling of this. Right now, the biggest upheaval is an art installation of 1,200 teddy bears in front of City Hall. And a parade of low riders, IIRC.

This isn't the civil war the righties were hoping for. And Trump is heartily invited to stay the eff away.
Plenty of rioting and destruction in L.A. during this BLM bull and the mayor did nothing. California is a sanctuary state over-taxed sheeit hole. I was born and raised in Los Angeles county and finally left that dump last year after spending my entire life there.

Traveling across the Midwest when I’ve told people I’m from California their response is often, “sorry”. That state has become an embarrassment. All the homeless in L.A. County is insane. All the tent cities and I’m not referring to metro-L.A. Everywhere you go people walking up to you asking for spare change.

California has 1/3 of all welfare recipients in the U.S. Now Newsom is once again raising taxes on gas. I am paying less then $2 per gallon. What are you paying? Tell those store owners near Fairfax that had their businesses destroyed about those Teddy bears and let me know of their responses.

Old 06-29-2020, 11:13 AM

23,235 posts, read 29,075,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Mayhem in the streets. Major cities in carnage.

Why isn't POTUS bringing the rain of pain? He's smart as a fox....

What's the strategy?
Trump, the Puppet, doesn't make any decision without first consulting his string pullers. So if you're mystified, pin your blame on Ivanka, Jared, often referred to as JarVanka.

Old 06-29-2020, 11:23 AM

8,351 posts, read 2,973,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Trump, the Puppet, doesn't make any decision without first consulting his string pullers. So if you're mystified, pin your blame on Ivanka, Jared, often referred to as JarVanka.
TDS eating their own. Trump! Help us! Our Democrat mayors and governors aren’t doing anything! Help, Trump! Help!

Contact your democrat mayors and governors. They’ll put a stop to all this leftist looting and rioting! I promise!

Old 06-29-2020, 11:25 AM

20,838 posts, read 17,122,361 times
He's been very very smart about many things in the past 3 years. So now he did not suddenly become stupid. He is not sick wants to be reelected....

Leadership is becoming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies