Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 09:34 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,464,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
If masks are so effective, then those wearing them are protected from the person not wearing one, and they have protected the person not wearing one as well.

Argue that logic.

I'm saying it seems like it should be a matter of personal preference.

CN
It is very easy to argue your logic; not exactly rocket science:

You don't know who is and isn't infected, especially with a virus that results in 20-40% asymptomatic cases. Your scenario only theoretically applies when the infected and uninfected are all cleanly in one cohort or the other. That's highly unlikely.

But in reality, with spotty mask usage, you could well end up with an infected and uninfected person both in close proximity not wearing masks and voila, transmission occurs.

So your logic is flawed. Since you don't know, the safest rational assumption is to treat everyone as potentially infected and consistently wear the mask in public. Even if it is only partially effective, that can still be a material improvement over nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 09:46 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Even your Governor signed an executive order mandating counties with 20 cases or more to wear masks.

Only someone with a Deathwish would not wear a mask. A truly nasty death at that.
It is a hoax! and you have bought it. The death rate comes nowhere even close to pandemic proportions.
You have nothing to fear but fear itself... Don't worry about me. Sounds like you got enough to worry about.
You're wearing a new mask each time you touch your mask, why are you worried about other people. You are washing your hands and not touching your mask at all, right?

If I got it, my mask is a breeding ground for it and is not going to contain it, with me touching it about every 10 seconds as it falls down or moves up into my eyes.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:50 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,398,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is a hoax! and you have bought it. The death rate comes nowhere even close to pandemic proportions.
You have nothing to fear but fear itself... Don't worry about me. Sounds like you got enough to worry about.
You're wearing a new mask each time you touch your mask, why are you worried about other people. You are washing your hands and not touching your mask at all, right?

If I got it, my mask is a breeding ground for it and is not going to contain it, with me touching it about every 10 seconds as it falls down or moves up into my eyes.
Right, covid is all a big hoax. Don't worry. And if you do get it, just drink some bleach. That will cure it.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:54 PM

113 posts, read 57,026 times
No one is suggesting that wearing a mask isn’t helpful...but there are issues

You breath in oxygen, and exhale carbon dioxide. Typically re-inhaling your used carbon dioxide is not in your best interest. I am NOT going to debate that here...do your own Due Diligence and educate yourself to the pros and cons of this situation. It’s not a fantastic thing for your pulmonary system, long term.

Exercising with a mask on can cause a collapsed lung, henceforth why you are to not partake in sport with a mask on, generally speaking.

Surgeons? They wear disposable masks that are removed after each procedure, and replaced when they get “ damp”, or breached in any way. They practice pristine sterilization protocols.

BTW, How do they get damp? When you talk, sneeze, cough, sweat, etc.

Your mask, which you most likely do not replace daily...gets damp each time that you speak. The pathogens in your mouth are now on the mask and you are actively breathing these pathogens into your nasal cavity. Nosocomial Infections include all sorts of charming pathogens...including molds that grow on a hot, damp mask...you know where you live and if you are affected by this, especially during the hot sticky, humid weather of summer. You probably sweat on your mask as well, and pick up additional pathogens going thru your daily chores and activities.

So, change and dispose of your mask daily, otherwise you are re-introducing heaven knows what into your lungs and nosocomial region. If you wear a fabric mask, it needs to be washed daily if you wear it out on said day.

It’s expensive..we need another stimulus check to mask up “ correctly” do ring up your pols and suggest this, no?

Old 07-02-2020, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Well many places mandate you wear proper attire according to their rules. Now they have rules that require you to wear a mask. How is that different and how does that infringe on your rights.

Ya, that is law made by the legislature. Not a tyrant mandating forced compliance....
You do understand, here in the USA we are governed by consent. Not by force, or you are not a free person with liberty, violating the founding of American Law.
Short review of the foundation of American law - - -
" We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed..."
--- Declaration of Independence, 1776

" Personal liberty, or the Right to enjoyment of life and liberty, is one of the fundamental or natural Rights, which has been protected by its inclusion as a guarantee in the various constitutions, which is not derived from, or dependent on, the U.S. Constitution, which may not be submitted to a vote and may not depend on the outcome of an election. It is one of the most sacred and valuable Rights, as sacred as the Right to private property...and is regarded as inalienable."
- - - 16 Corpus Juris Secundum, Constitutional Law, Sect.202, p.987.

You might profit by reading American law, available in any county courthouse law library.

People were once justifiably shot over crap like this and violating a persons natural rights. Now, they just get the crap sued out of them.

Old 07-02-2020, 10:06 PM

32,108 posts, read 15,096,294 times
Quote:
Ya, that is law made by the legislature. Not a tyrant mandating forced compliance....
You do understand, here in the USA we are governed by consent. Not by force, or you are not a free person with liberty, violating the founding of American Law.
Short review of the foundation of American law - - -
" We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed..."
--- Declaration of Independence, 1776

" Personal liberty, or the Right to enjoyment of life and liberty, is one of the fundamental or natural Rights, which has been protected by its inclusion as a guarantee in the various constitutions, which is not derived from, or dependent on, the U.S. Constitution, which may not be submitted to a vote and may not depend on the outcome of an election. It is one of the most sacred and valuable Rights, as sacred as the Right to private property...and is regarded as inalienable."
- - - 16 Corpus Juris Secundum, Constitutional Law, Sect.202, p.987.

You might profit by reading American law, available in any county courthouse law library.
You are not losing any rights by wearing a mask to protect other fellow Americans. It's the right thing to do. Tell me what the big deal is. How is this affecting your life wearing a mask.

Old 07-02-2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You are not losing any rights by wearing a mask to protect other fellow Americans. It's the right thing to do. Tell me what the big deal is. How is this affecting your life wearing a mask.
I have every right to say NO, I do not consent. So do you.
Or are you someone's property?

Old 07-02-2020, 10:13 PM

32,108 posts, read 15,096,294 times
Quote:
I have every right to say NO, I do not consent. So do you.
Or are you someone's property?
We are the United States so I will do what is right for our country because I am part of it. You however don't seem to be part of the United States because you don't care about anyone but yourself.

Old 07-02-2020, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Right, covid is all a big hoax. Don't worry. And if you do get it, just drink some bleach. That will cure it.
Exactly. I got nothing to worry about and life goes on.
I worry about me and you worry about you and we, don't treat other people as if they are their property, to even tell them what they can and cannot do.....

Old 07-02-2020, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeeinblack View Post
No one is suggesting that wearing a mask isn’t helpful...but there are issues

You breath in oxygen, and exhale carbon dioxide. Typically re-inhaling your used carbon dioxide is not in your best interest. I am NOT going to debate that here...do your own Due Diligence and educate yourself to the pros and cons of this situation. It’s not a fantastic thing for your pulmonary system, long term.

Exercising with a mask on can cause a collapsed lung, henceforth why you are to not partake in sport with a mask on, generally speaking.

Surgeons? They wear disposable masks that are removed after each procedure, and replaced when they get “ damp”, or breached in any way. They practice pristine sterilization protocols.

BTW, How do they get damp? When you talk, sneeze, cough, sweat, etc.

Your mask, which you most likely do not replace daily...gets damp each time that you speak. The pathogens in your mouth are now on the mask and you are actively breathing these pathogens into your nasal cavity. Nosocomial Infections include all sorts of charming pathogens...including molds that grow on a hot, damp mask...you know where you live and if you are affected by this, especially during the hot sticky, humid weather of summer. You probably sweat on your mask as well, and pick up additional pathogens going thru your daily chores and activities.

So, change and dispose of your mask daily, otherwise you are re-introducing heaven knows what into your lungs and nosocomial region. If you wear a fabric mask, it needs to be washed daily if you wear it out on said day.

It’s expensive..we need another stimulus check to mask up “ correctly” do ring up your pols and suggest this, no?
Right on the N-95 mask literature it says it DOES NOT prevent the transfer of Coronavirus. Coronavirus is not something new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies