Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2020, 10:51 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,623,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
My apologies, that was sarcasm. Yes obviously dressing all in black and standing in the middle of an Interstate is insanely stupid.
My apologies, I did not see that.

Got to be careful when making jokes about liberals. More often than not, you find them doing exactly what you were joking about, a week or two later.

For this reason, even the most loony joke made about liberals, has a strong undercurrent of truth.

Old 07-06-2020, 12:34 AM

37,146 posts, read 42,245,999 times
It's a real shame. I hope the city realizes that it's not good form for anyone to be blocking roadways and puts a stop to the planning and supported shut downs so people can "protest" in this way. It reminds me of people who protest on train tracks, the best plans can go to shyt real fast. There's no reason people can't protest other ways that don't put anyone in danger or cause inconvenience to people who have nothing to do with the situation. The protests now aren't so much protests as tantrums, and I think that's why we're seeing more trouble than we usually do.

Old 07-06-2020, 12:46 AM

11,521 posts, read 6,027,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post

"SJW Bowling"
When I watch that video, it is obvious to me that the car driver cannot see the 2 women standing on the freeway lanes and hit them accidentally, although negligently.

He is approaching at far too high a speed, given that all lanes are blocked. He should have slowed upon uproach, as anybody would approaching an accident on a high speed interstate highway -- you slow down and assess. I don't know if he is stupid or was drunk, but he came in at a very high rate of speed.

That said, it looks like he never saw the 2 women standing in the freeway lanes. I think the white van blocked his line of sight to the women. He would have seen the police cars blocking the lanes, the white van, and all the people milling around on the on-ramp, but not have seen the 3 others standing in the "gore area" between the ramp and freeway lanes, 2 of whom he drove into.

He was stupid or impaired so as to go flying through the gap between the white van on the freeway and all the people on the on-ramp, but it looks to me like he thought there was nobody on the freeway on the other side of the white van. At the very last second after he passes the white van, he sees the 3 people on the freeway and swerves to avoid them, but he is moving at such a high rate of speed his car has no time to respond to his attempt, and he plows right through two of the them.

I won't be surprised to find out he is a drunk driver, but there could be some other explanation if he turns out to have been sober. Either way, it would take stupendously bad judgment to drive at such a high rate of speed approaching the freeway blocked by 2 police cars and a white van while seeing a crowd milling around on the on-ramp.

It could be he was just extremely fatigued after a long day driving or a long day working, and the fatigue clouded both his reaction time and his judgment.

Hitting the women does not appear to be intentional to me. I think he had the bad judgment or lack of reaction not to slow down as he approached the cars closing down the freeway, and by the time he realized he was on the verge of crashing into the white van, rather than attempt to stop and risk crashing, he decided to evade and shoot the gap between the van and the people on the on-ramp, completely unaware there were 2 women standing in the right lane of the freeway where the white van blocked them from his sight.

Just my 2 cents from watching the video a few times. Hard to watch. Thankfully, the evil of TV has about completely desensitized me from watching horrors that used to make me almost throw up when I was younger. Too many graphic war movies, crime movies, and zombie movies. I hate being so desensatized. It makes me feel less human.

Old 07-06-2020, 01:47 AM

13,433 posts, read 9,962,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Summer Taylor, Seattle protestor hit by car that drove around blockade, has died

"Summer Taylor, a Seattle thug and crybaby who tried to create problems and highly dangerous situations by helping to block a Seattle freeway and then ran out in front of cars driving on that freeway, was hit by a car and died."

Fixed it for you.
I’ve got quite a strong stomach and quite like the rough and tumble of this part of the forum, but the rhetoric about this kid losing their life and the glee shown in response, is making me actually sick. WTF? It’s really grim, people. The US has lost its humanity.

Old 07-06-2020, 03:08 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
When I watch that video, it is obvious to me that the car driver cannot see the 2 women standing on the freeway lanes and hit them accidentally, although negligently.

He is approaching at far too high a speed, given that all lanes are blocked. He should have slowed upon uproach, as anybody would approaching an accident on a high speed interstate highway -- you slow down and assess. I don't know if he is stupid or was drunk, but he came in at a very high rate of speed.

That said, it looks like he never saw the 2 women standing in the freeway lanes. I think the white van blocked his line of sight to the women. He would have seen the police cars blocking the lanes, the white van, and all the people milling around on the on-ramp, but not have seen the 3 others standing in the "gore area" between the ramp and freeway lanes, 2 of whom he drove into.

He was stupid or impaired so as to go flying through the gap between the white van on the freeway and all the people on the on-ramp, but it looks to me like he thought there was nobody on the freeway on the other side of the white van. At the very last second after he passes the white van, he sees the 3 people on the freeway and swerves to avoid them, but he is moving at such a high rate of speed his car has no time to respond to his attempt, and he plows right through two of the them.

I won't be surprised to find out he is a drunk driver, but there could be some other explanation if he turns out to have been sober. Either way, it would take stupendously bad judgment to drive at such a high rate of speed approaching the freeway blocked by 2 police cars and a white van while seeing a crowd milling around on the on-ramp.

It could be he was just extremely fatigued after a long day driving or a long day working, and the fatigue clouded both his reaction time and his judgment.

Hitting the women does not appear to be intentional to me. I think he had the bad judgment or lack of reaction not to slow down as he approached the cars closing down the freeway, and by the time he realized he was on the verge of crashing into the white van, rather than attempt to stop and risk crashing, he decided to evade and shoot the gap between the van and the people on the on-ramp, completely unaware there were 2 women standing in the right lane of the freeway where the white van blocked them from his sight.

Just my 2 cents from watching the video a few times. Hard to watch. Thankfully, the evil of TV has about completely desensitized me from watching horrors that used to make me almost throw up when I was younger. Too many graphic war movies, crime movies, and zombie movies. I hate being so desensatized. It makes me feel less human.

Humans have been doing depraved things forever. Have you ever seen medieval torture devices? You're not less human for not caring when the lowest common denominator in society gets themselves offed. Being desensitized would be more along the lines of watching/reading/hearing about a child murderer/rapist does and then complaining about the punishment he receives.

Old 07-06-2020, 03:48 AM

11,521 posts, read 6,027,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
Humans have been doing depraved things forever. Have you ever seen medieval torture devices? You're not less human for not caring when the lowest common denominator in society gets themselves offed. Being desensitized would be more along the lines of watching/reading/hearing about a child murderer/rapist does and then complaining about the punishment he receives.

I just hate how TV desensitized me.

Gore and graphic violence used to choke me up and almost make me vomit. I have seen so many violent and gory Hollywood movies, that now I can watch live TV news with dismembered bodies strewn around an explosion while I am eating dinner, and I don't even stop eating dinner.

I am trying to underscore the difference between when I rightly recoiled in horror at the shocking things I used to see. After way too much hollywood violence and Gore, I have become immune to the shock. This makes me mad. I SHOULD be shocked and feel nauseous at seeing my fellow human beings smashed to pieces or broken and bleeding.

That is a normal, valid, and necessary feeling. It is a big part of what makes us human.

I am furiuos that the volume and frequency of hollywood violence and gore and how it has de-humanized me through the desensatization process. I can't put that genii back in the bottle. I can't re-sensitize. I could probably watch a mass kindergarten shooting on TV and go right on eating my dinner through it all, instead of recoiling in horror like I should and like I used to, instead of thinking "that is terrible but nothing I haven't seen before 100 times on TV".

I hate it.

Old 07-06-2020, 04:23 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
not just "at night". like 3 AM.

sad to say, but "thank goodness the driver was black".
Yes, I breathed a big sigh of relief when I read that, as well. Can you imagine the new round of looting and arson that would result if the driver had been white? Or the victims black?

Old 07-06-2020, 04:29 AM

2,264 posts, read 973,690 times
They sure went flying. Friendly fire fatalities. The worst kind.

Old 07-06-2020, 04:34 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,659,336 times
Sure seems like this thread should be deleted. Some of you are sick.

Old 07-06-2020, 04:37 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,603,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Sure seems like this thread should be deleted. Some of you are sick.
So, you want to control the opinions of others because you disagree with them. More evidence progressives are control freaks. No, you don't get to dictate to others. Maybe classify it as "hate speech" and have it made illegal by Big Government and prosecute the posters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies