Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 09:05 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,991,770 times

Advertisements

When your own state leaders start getting it, it’s time to question the state you are in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2020, 09:12 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, sorry to hear that. Nobody deserves to get this darn thing.

But let's face it, you have to be a fool to think just wearing a mask without social distancing will be good enough to protect you from getting covid.

Just be honest for once.
If everyone wore a simply mask, social distancing is not necessary, if you're not actively touching things you're not supposed to or touching other ppl. Healthcare workers work closely around covid patients all the time with masks and are protected. Except they are wearing N95 masks or better that prevent them from catching it, whereas the mayor was simply wearing a cloth mask, which only protects other ppl from catching your germs, but not the other way around. She needed gloves and a proper N95 mask. Sad that not even the mayor has access to proper ppe,

Old 07-06-2020, 09:22 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
When your own state leaders start getting it, it’s time to question the state you are in
In fairness, we have no idea who all has COVID if they're not symptomatic. I strongly suspect I had it and recovered, due to symptoms in March, when my state didn't have any tests that my doctor could offer, and then I recovered.

I haven't been tested for COVID - have you?

How many of us had it and recovered/had it and were asymptomatic so they weren't tested?

Old 07-06-2020, 09:37 PM

380 posts, read 164,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
In fairness, we have no idea who all has COVID if they're not symptomatic. I strongly suspect I had it and recovered, due to symptoms in March, when my state didn't have any tests that my doctor could offer, and then I recovered.

I haven't been tested for COVID - have you?

How many of us had it and recovered/had it and were asymptomatic so they weren't tested?
Exactly I know 2 older individuals that probably had it as they were fairly sick back in Feb but recovered without medical treatment. Two younger individuals that tested positive but only had fever and chills for 2 days. Another individual that had no symptoms but tested positive. Another older individual waited until they were extremely sick before getting treatment but thankfully are recovering albeit slowly. This individual was socially isolated except for her husband, who also was asymptomatic. At some point everyone is going to be exposed to it.

Old 07-06-2020, 10:13 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sounds like you are trying to sell the idea she got the virus from the protest, but if she was there on June 4th (as your article states), then it is impossible she caught the virus there, since the incubation period is 2-14 days.

No doubt some people caught the virus while protesting, but its not true in her case. Your article also says she was there trying to get people to go home.

"This is chaos, a protest has purpose. So if you love this city, this city that has had a legacy of black mayors, and black police chiefs, and people who care about this city where more than 50 percent of the business owners in Metro Atlanta are minority business owners -- If you care about this city then go home," - Bottoms.
You're the only one in this thread who understands math, apparently.

Jesus, Team Red. I have no sympathy or agreement with the protesters but she didn't get it at the protests.

Old 07-06-2020, 10:21 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
The presidents staff is infected- MrT son pretty GF is infected - they weren’t at any protests - this is a dam pandemic! My son said the opened a large store in Miami. Now many employees are getting sick. He runs the night crew so doesn’t see customers, but no protest. All must wear masks and ?? Please just stop the virus has gone viral !!

Old 07-07-2020, 04:56 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,668,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I expect they blame Orange Man BAD! For her positive test.

probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Jesus, Team Red. I have no sympathy or agreement with the protesters but she didn't get it at the protests.

did you make that up on the spot? probably.

Old 07-07-2020, 04:58 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://www.cbs46.com/news/mayor-bot...212262218.html

Unsurprisingly, the DNC operatives posing as journalists at CBS did not comment on whether Mayor Bottoms was a part of the riots/protests. Indeed she was:

Link: https://www.cbs46.com/news/mayor-bot...212262218.html

Remember the good old days when the left was gloating about anti-shutdown activists coming down with COVID-19? Well, karma's here for ya. I wish the mayor a speedy recovery.
Gee. The media told me that the protests were ok because it was outside and everyone was social distancing and everyone was wearing masks.

Old 07-07-2020, 05:41 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sounds like you are trying to sell the idea she got the virus from the protest, but if she was there on June 4th (as your article states), then it is impossible she caught the virus there, since the incubation period is 2-14 days.

No doubt some people caught the virus while protesting, but its not true in her case. Your article also says she was there trying to get people to go home.

"This is chaos, a protest has purpose. So if you love this city, this city that has had a legacy of black mayors, and black police chiefs, and people who care about this city where more than 50 percent of the business owners in Metro Atlanta are minority business owners -- If you care about this city then go home," - Bottoms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You're the only one in this thread who understands math, apparently.
Sure seems that way.

Old 07-07-2020, 05:49 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,653,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
No, it really doesn't. I guess that's the new fearmongering tactic, but it's just such a weak one.
Gee thanks. I have heart damage from it.

These science deniers are really something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies