Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2020, 09:38 PM

24,632 posts, read 9,458,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
None of these cities suffer from a high crime rate. And I live in Philly by the way. Sounds like you just don't know what you're talking about
Sounds like you’re just ignorant, by the way Philadelphia is #24 on the list.

https://rapidcityjournal.com/news/na...9a43e3d.html#7

Congrats, you have one of the highest murder rates.

Old 07-09-2020, 09:39 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Not true.

If that were true, we would be protesting and rioting every single weekend in Southside Chicago.

If you think for one second that we blacks spend the same time on black violence as we do police brutality then go ahead and drive through Southside Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit, or NYC at night.

They‘ll shoot you and your kids without blinking and you won’t make national news for it.
You parrot the same nonsense talking points Republicans have been pushing for years. Schools, NFP, churches, celebrity-activism... orders of magnitude more money and resources have been spent on addressing the root causes of black on black violence than have been collected buy BLM. And it's sad that you don't know that.

Old 07-09-2020, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
You parrot the same nonsense talking points Republicans have been pushing for years. Schools, NFP, churches, celebrity-activism... orders of magnitude more money and resources have been spent on addressing the root causes of black on black violence than have been collected buy BLM. And it's sad that you don't know that.
Republicans didn’t kill 14, 16, and 8 years olds last week.

We did that, black people. And we do it every damn week.

Stop blaming other people for your problems, a white man didn’t pull those triggers. I don’t see Asians and Hispanics gunning eachother down by the dozens every weekend.

It’s sad that you want to blame Republicans for black on black violence. Ben Carson and Colin Powell never killed any black people. Candace Owens isn’t in the hood gang banging. Clarence Thomas isn’t on probation.

Old 07-09-2020, 09:43 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times
Quote:
Sounds like you’re just ignorant, by the way Philadelphia is #24 on the list.

https://rapidcityjournal.com/news/na...9a43e3d.html#7

Congrats, you have one of the highest murder rates.
Not a big deal based on the population. Murders happen. They just dont happen a lot. And they dont happen randomly.

Old 07-09-2020, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Not a big deal based on the population. Murders happen. They just dont happen a lot. And they dont happen randomly.
We commit 50% of the murders in America, and we’re only 14% of the population.

I know you don’t care about black lives, but I do.

Quote:
Nine people were shot Wednesday in Chicago.

A 7-month-old boy was shot in Lawndale on the West Side.
https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...8-gun-violence

Black lives matter, oops except those nine yesterday that we shot. Oh and the ones we’re going to kill this weekend, and the next, and the following.

Old 07-09-2020, 09:50 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Republicans didn’t kill 14, 16, and 8 years olds last week.

We did that, black people. And we do it every damn week.

Stop blaming other people for your problems, a white man didn’t pull those triggers. I don’t see Asians and Hispanics gunning eachother down by the dozens every weekend.

It’s sad that you want to blame Republicans for black on black violence. Ben Carson and Colin Powell never killed any black people. Candace Owens isn’t in the hood gang banging. Clarence Thomas isn’t on probation.
Where do I blame Republicans for Black on Black violence?

I blame Republicans for pushing the debunked and stupid talking point that Black people aren't doing anything about Black on Black violence.

I blame Republicans for believing that because they don't see protest, that Black people aren't doing anything about Black on Black violence.

I also blame Republicans for the other stupid talking point that Black people aren't allowed to tackle multiple issues at the same time, and need to completely resolved Black on Black crime before they can talk about anything else.

Old 07-09-2020, 09:55 PM

Quote:
We commit 50% of the murders in America, and we’re only 14% of the population.

I know you don’t care about black lives, but I do.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...8-gun-violence

Black lives matter, oops except those nine yesterday that we shot. Oh and the ones we’re going to kill this weekend, and the next, and the following.
I dont support black lives matter. I'm a libertarian.

And black on black crime isn't a thing. Because murder itself is not that common

Old 07-09-2020, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Where do I blame Republicans for Black on Black violence?
I blame Republicans for pushing the debunked and stupid talking point that Black people aren't doing anything about Black on Black violence.
We’re not. Defunding the police is not a solution.
Quote:
I blame Republicans for believing that because they don't see protest, that Black people aren't doing anything about Black on Black violence.
We aren’t. Pooling in reward money to find shooters is not a solution.
Quote:
I also blame Republicans for the other stupid talking point that Black people aren't allowed to tackle multiple issues at the same time, and need to completely resolved Black on Black crime before they can talk about anything else.
So, if the republicans are the author of our misery and not the democrats who we have trusted with our vote for decades, why are we still voting democrat? Clearly they suck at their job of helping blacks prosper?

African immigrants are prospering, while you’re whining about republicans.
Quote:
African immigrants to the US are among the most educated groups in the United States. Some 48.9 percent of all African immigrants hold a college diploma.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afri..._United_States

Politicians can’t and won’t legislate blacks up the social ladder. They never have and never will.

Old 07-09-2020, 09:57 PM

Quote:
I dont support black lives matter. I'm a libertarian.

And black on black crime isn't a thing. Because murder itself is not that common
Tell that to the police. It’s pretty common among black neighborhoods.
Quote:
While Chicago was roiled by another day of protests and looting in the wake of George Floyd’s murder, 18 people were killed Sunday, May 31, making it the single most violent day in Chicago in six decades
https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...y-police-crime

Old 07-09-2020, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Tell that to the police. It’s pretty common among black neighborhoods.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...y-police-crime
16k murders shared among 300 million people. I rest my case. Murder isn't a common cause of death for most Americans. Period. Spamming links don't change that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies