Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2020, 06:15 AM

59,311 posts, read 27,467,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But did they trespass. It wasn't a closed community.
The property the owner claimed was private and his is under dispute with his HOA.

The couple are looney tunes.
The mob was walking by. The couple looked stupid.
"But did they trespass. It wasn't a closed community."

I know fences all around with gates for cars and pedestrians with NO TRESPASSING signs, is NOT a
closed community"

" The couple are looney tunes."Speaking of loonie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2020, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Man I'm loving all of this. I'm just sitting back eating popcorn and watching it all crumble. Both side are Hypocrites but one more that the other.
Change is coming, and it crap you, i or can do about it.

Mean while our President is going around blaming Obama And Biden for the recent uptick.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1282752545140637697
I know it is very tough for some people with TDS to stay on topic and break the rules of this site so, one more and I WILL report you for tying to hijack this thread.

Old 07-15-2020, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
To some of the posters here who have demonized the McCloskeys, all I can say is, taking into consideration the destructive and violent events that had taken place in St Louis and other cities, if you were in their situation how would you have reacted if you saw people you didn't know break down your gate, trespassed onto your property, and verbally threatened to kill you? Keep in mind also that calling 911 would not have helped because police were ordered to stand down, plus if law enforcement officials showed up, they would have done so to investigate a murder of the residents.

You can't blame the McCloskeys for taking the right and lawful steps to get those trespassers off the property, the only wrong I see in this situation is DA Gardener's seizure of the couple's weapons.
" Keep in mind also that calling 911 would not have helped because police were ordered to stand down,"

They DID call the police and they did NOT respond because they were told to STAND DOWN, reports say.

"“One fellow standing right in front of me pulled out two pistol magazines, clicked them together and said 'you’re next.' That was the first death threat we got that night,” Mark McCloskey said.

Old 07-15-2020, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Trump can win a huge PR victory by offering to sell billions of rounds of surplus handgun ammo the feds bought under Obama as well as the thousands and thousands of firearms they also purchased. Gun makers and firearm makers can't keep up with demand, gun stores are selling out.
We want to defund the police, why should the IRS and other fed agencies have billions of rounds of ammo they won't admit the have a need for. Sell them to any citizen that clears the standard background check.

While I appreciate your sentiment.

" to sell billions of rounds of surplus handgun ammo the feds bought under Obama as well as the thousands and thousands of firearms they also purchased."

"Federal agencies train tens of thousands in firearms every year, so they bulk-buy ammo. That is not gun control by other means.."

"Why would the Department of Homeland Security need 450m rounds, let alone for the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) alone? To begin with, DHS houses a number of agencies with armed personnel, including the Coast Guard, Customs and Border Protection, the Transportation Security Administration, the US Secret Service and the Federal Protective Service (which provides security at all federal buildings around the country), in addition to ICE. It also houses the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, which "serves as an inter-agency law enforcement training organization for 91 federal agencies" and has four US sites and one foreign training facility for agents of all those agencies.
The FLETC hosts and does on-site training for nearly any state, local, tribal or campus security force. In fiscal year 2012 alone, 70,000 people were trained by the agency.
But ICE, in particular, is home to the National Firearms Tactical Training Unit, which also provides armory services (that is, guns and ammunition) to the Federal Protective Service, Customs and Border Protection and Federal Air Marshalls – more than 60,000 personnel all told. And contracting data shows that in 2012 alone, the division bought $11.3m-worth of just .40-caliber ammunition off just one similar contract with Federal Cartridge Company – a wholly-owned subsidiary of ATK. In addition, in 2007, ATK signed a five-year contract with DHS worth up to $90m for ammunition for ICE and the US Coast Guard.
Besides those purchases, Glenn Beck's the Blaze, which trumpeted the potential conspiracy in its headline, noted that that large ammunition purchases are not unusual for the department – which signed a contract in 2009 with Winchester for 200m rounds of .40-caliber hollow points. And with law enforcement agencies around the country finding it harder to source handgun ammunition like the .40-caliber bullets in the DHS/ICE contract because of increased demand from consumers – which is itself a result of scare-mongering by conservatives concerned that the Obama government is getting ready to take away their guns and ammunition – it only makes sense for large law enforcement consumers to try to lock in their supply, even if signing a new contract for each purchase were a realistic option."
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...unition-buying

Old 07-15-2020, 07:52 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,116,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
if, if if, it did NOT happen so stop with all the b.s.!
18 posts in less than 2 hours?

Old 07-15-2020, 08:08 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,418,962 times
Quote:
I'm betting at least 1 of the "peaceful" protesters was armed.
Well, that "bet" and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Have you got any evidence that any of the protesters were armed?

Old 07-15-2020, 08:52 AM

13,247 posts, read 21,865,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick enough View Post
if, if if, it did not happen so stop with all the b.s.!
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick enough View Post
they would be singing a different tune if the protestors turned into the type of protesters that have been looting, breaking their windows, painting all their houses, shooting guns, etc.
lol

Old 07-15-2020, 09:08 AM

16,340 posts, read 10,462,058 times
Quote:
I know it is very tough for some people with TDS to stay on topic and break the rules of this site so, one more and I WILL report you for tying to hijack this thread.
You need to calm down and stop attacking posters, which by the way is a violation of the rules here.

Old 07-15-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Well, that "bet" and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Have you got any evidence that any of the protesters were armed?
"Have you got any evidence that any of the protesters were armed?

Do you have any evidence they were NOT?

Based on most other "protests", some were, hence over 26K KILLED with a gun.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 07-15-2020 at 10:11 AM..

Old 07-15-2020, 10:04 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,418,962 times
Quote:
...Do you have any evidence they were NOT?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies