Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 05:47 PM

7,360 posts, read 6,532,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
People who believe this is some massive leftist plot seem like they are all wrapped around the axle. The virus doesn't care about your politics. It only wants to spread, and one party is doing more to spread it than the other.
Do you really think we're all saying that it's the virus itself that is picking sides?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2020, 05:51 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
The OP is disingenuous and delusional.

Old 07-12-2020, 05:55 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax_G View Post
It's sheer stupidity at that point to not learn from crises happening in other parts of the country.
You would think. It's like the old saying, don't stick your finger in a socket, you might get shocked. Well some people do anyway, but some people after sticking their finger in a socket and getting shocked, run to get a fork to see what that does. A number of the states seeing a surge stuck the fork in the socket in June with the way they reopened.

Old 07-13-2020, 12:36 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax_G View Post
Trump chose to remove American CDC scientists from Wuhan China (July 2019) creating an information vacuum, which would have been critical to manage this crisis.

Trump disbanded the pandemic task force in 2018 that would have been critical managing this crisis.

Trump decided that he was a stable genius who just groks the science and decided there wasn't an issue for months

Every facet of his administration from CDC testing, national leadership, and messaging has been a complete fail. The global scientific community knows this. Everyone knows this except trumpers. Those are the facts whether you like it or not.
I couldn't disagree more with this. Trump has done everything possible to make the United States number 1 in covid cases and deaths. No other country in the world is even close.

Old 07-13-2020, 05:13 AM

7,360 posts, read 6,532,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
I couldn't disagree more with this. Trump has done everything possible to make the United States number 1 in covid cases and deaths. No other country in the world is even close.
We're number 3 in population for the entire world! Do you really think the communists in southeast Asia did as much testing as we have? India still has people living in primitive villages, do you think they really tested as many people as we have? NO DUH we're going to have the highest absolute numbers!

Old 07-13-2020, 06:13 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,222,561 times
For my part I can't understand how COVID 19 became a political issue.

It isn't - it really isn't. Or rather it shouldn't be.

Old 07-13-2020, 06:27 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post

When a regular virus, which this has turned out to be, is used to crash the economy and create panic then it is political. Currently the Left is using it and the BLM lies to create enough economic and societal chaos that they think it will make Trump lose. The opposite is happening.

Old 07-13-2020, 06:41 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post

In Georgia the Governor said nothing when the Mayor of Savannah issued mask ordinance. When the Atlanta mayor imposed a mask ordinance the Governor issued a statement saying she has no authority to do so.

He's playing political games.

Old 07-13-2020, 07:15 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,701,557 times
Why would we need this medication? I thought cases were going to go to zero back in February? Is the pandemic still going on? I thought everyone was just being antisocial and these masks were just a new fashion trend.

Snark aside - I want things back to normal sooner rather than later. If that helps Trump's chances, so be it. I don't intend on voting for Trump but not only do we have 130k+ dead Americans but we will also have hundreds of thousands of Americans with long-lasting organ damage from COVID-19. If there is some medication out there that spares another 130k Americans and possibly mitigates other damage from the virus, that's great news.

If America emerges from this pandemic before Election Day, it won't be because of Trump's leadership. But 40% of the country will think so anyway.

Old 07-13-2020, 07:16 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post

krichton for President 2020!

I know how I'll vote!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies