Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 03:10 PM

25,456 posts, read 9,858,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
The time of assuming the left has good intentions is at an end. They are literally tearing the country apart before our eyes and actively trying to destroy the lives of anyone who disagrees with them. They are at the point where they seek to win at ANY cost.
Seriously? You don't seem to understand that Covid doesn't care if you're left wing or right wing. It hits whoever it will. It would behoove us all to want a treatment for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2020, 03:30 PM

26,008 posts, read 18,993,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Meanwhile, the Right only cares about a cure because they simple what their Pantload in Chief to get another four years - - not that tens of thousands might actually survive.
I'd doubt covid is going to have much to do with the reelection (or not) of Trump. For the most part, he's been letting others make the choices on that matter.

Matters for another thread, but I'd say the biggest factor influencing the reelection (or not) of Trump will be the behavior patterns of a certain segment of our populace. We all have to decide if that segment is who we want in power. Viruses are not politically motivated. Most people know that. And the national response to the virus has been, for the most part, left up to the states and local authorities, as it should be. Trump is not calling the shots (for the most part) with covid.

Old 07-11-2020, 03:32 PM

440 posts, read 241,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
COVID is also causing blood clots, Psychiatric and Neurological and brain issues etc. It is basically attacking ALL organs of the body. Liver and Kidneys too.
So does the common cold and flu.

Old 07-11-2020, 03:34 PM

1,049 posts, read 656,791 times
Back on the topic, it would be very naive to suggest that one side is actually rooting for a pandemic. Only crazed individuals would actually want to root for a pandemic.

Think about it this impacts everyone regardless of political persuasion. There are people that are putting off dating, people who are putting off treatments or surgeries, people who have postponed or cancelled their wedding ceremonies, and people who have died or have become disabled by this virus. These are people of all races, political beliefs, all backgrounds, and all living situations (rural, suburban, ghetto, or hip part of the city) who are grieving someone they lost due to this. To suggest that a large group of people want to egg this virus on is well not logical.

Old 07-11-2020, 03:38 PM

26,008 posts, read 18,993,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcarguy49 View Post
So does the common cold and flu.
Yup. I saw the news "stories" that the other poster must have seen about covid affecting a bunch of other parts of the body. Sounds scary... until you realize that MOST viral infections do as well. As do many bacterial infections. I have personal experience with that: when I was 19 years old, strep throat really messed my heart up for a long time--irregular heartbeat for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivenine View Post
Only crazed individuals would actually want to root for a pandemic.
Absolutely.

Quote:
To suggest that a large group of people want to egg this virus on is well not logical.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Perhaps not "large" groups, but they are out there. They are out there for pretty much any "political" (or something that can be made political) topic or issue. And many of them are homicidal if not in body, certainly in mind.

Old 07-11-2020, 03:39 PM

35,780 posts, read 21,156,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
We all occasionally hear about promising treatments for covid, but the MSM generally does their damnedest to discount or discredit them. But can you imagine what would happen if the treatment in this video actually DOES work? The left would be both heartbroken and enraged. How many hospitals would be burned in protest?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY0VLgnQ59c

Actually, I'm surprised this guy hasn't disappeared and the videos haven't been yanked.
I read that. I believe the cure is here already. It will be found. But it’s the stupidest things to say that left doesn’t want a cure. Like they haven’t lost people, jobs, or gotten sick. It’s the right wingers that will fight any vaccines...

Old 07-11-2020, 03:41 PM

8,950 posts, read 11,819,007 times
Quote:
Back on the topic, it would be very naive to suggest that one side is actually rooting for a pandemic. Only crazed individuals would actually want to root for a pandemic.

Think about it this impacts everyone regardless of political persuasion. There are people that are putting off dating, people who are putting off treatments or surgeries, people who have postponed or cancelled their wedding ceremonies, and people who have died or have become disabled by this virus. These are people of all races, political beliefs, all backgrounds, and all living situations (rural, suburban, ghetto, or hip part of the city) who are grieving someone they lost due to this. To suggest that a large group of people want to egg this virus on is well not logical.
I wish it is that simple. After seeing racist democrats sponsoring domestic terrorism to hurt their enemy, Trump, I believe they are hoping the Chinese virus will continue until the election so that they can blame it on Trump.

Old 07-11-2020, 03:43 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 27 days ago)

35,759 posts, read 18,101,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
There is one that already works and has been proven to work... convalescent plasma. Not a single story about that.
I've seen stories about that, from the perspective of donors and recipients both.

If you haven't seen stories in the media about convalescent plasma, are you in the medical profession and learned through work?

Old 07-11-2020, 03:47 PM

35,780 posts, read 21,156,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I wish it is that simple. After seeing racist democrats sponsoring domestic terrorism to hurt their enemy, Trump, I believe they are hoping the Chinese virus will continue until the election so that they can blame it on Trump.
That’s a twisted point of view that 1/2 of America wish the other die or get sick. Go breathe fresh air and cut that tv off ~ geez

Old 07-11-2020, 03:53 PM

440 posts, read 241,532 times
I think a much better question is why does ANY good news about Covid result in tantrums from the Anti-Trump people? A new strategy (drug) to deal with it that might be potentially better than the old strategy is viewed as fake news by the left. The left clearly wants this to last forever (or until Trump is gone). Does covid cause mental illness, or is it something else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies