Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2020, 06:37 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skandalon View Post
The problem with people is that they are typically lazy when it comes to research. There are many that simply "do as they are told" without ever questioning it. They are the same people that would never get a second opinion on anything medical. They are people that would rather call those that don't allow themselves to be led by the nose as being "selfish" because they are critical, independent thinkers and don't simply follow the herd. Those people will never change and thusly...they will be wearing their masks for eternity while thinking they are saving the world from us selfish clowns.
You're right. I only hope that one day these people pay for what they've done. That includes the mindless followers.

Old 10-12-2020, 06:48 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
Anyone with a brain can figure out that a sneeze without anything covering your mouth is gonna spread many feet in front of you. When you put a barrier in front of your mouth the bulk not all will be caught in your mask or bandana. Common sense.
A barrier like your arm? Like we used to do?

Old 10-12-2020, 06:51 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,592,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Nah, I'm not sick. My sneeze isn't infecting anyone with anything. I get that you're panicked because you believe everything the government/DNC/media scares you with, but at some point you'll wake up. Maybe not in your case.

Oh, I was also raised to cover my mouth and turn away from people when I sneeze or cough, which is what normal people do. There's no reason to permanently wear a face diaper unless you have a political agenda to keep people thinking about a virus at all times.
You sound sick to me

Old 10-12-2020, 06:56 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,592,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
A barrier like your arm? Like we used to do?
So you think just because you do that everyone does that. I do it and also it's droplets from talking that spread into the air. You aren't sick? Do you get tested every day for covid? By the way i just sneezed in my own home that came out of nowhere without warning no time to really cover my mouth. You put a lot of confidence in hundreds of millions of people to do the right thing.

Old 10-12-2020, 06:57 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,260,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skandalon View Post
The problem with people is that they are typically lazy when it comes to research. There are many that simply "do as they are told" without ever questioning it. They are the same people that would never get a second opinion on anything medical. They are people that would rather call those that don't allow themselves to be led by the nose as being "selfish" because they are critical, independent thinkers and don't simply follow the herd. Those people will never change and thusly...they will be wearing their masks for eternity while thinking they are saving the world from us selfish clowns.
Some of that, sure. But the bigger concern is people falling down the conspiracy theory tree. Disavowing recognized experts for some putz on the internet. Have concerns, step one should be ask your doctor about it. Don't trust your doctor? Get a new one. This politicization of medical advice is nonsense.

Old 10-12-2020, 06:58 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,696,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Anyone with a brain knew and knows that a cloth bandana isn't protecting anyone from any virus. That excludes the Democrat base, which thinks driving alone in a car with a mask on or riding a bicycle with a mask on is "saving lives."

The same people believed the Russian collusion hoax for 3+ years.
I still don't understand the people wearing masks by themselves while driving. I even see people walking dogs and no one else is within a block but wearing masks. It's odd for sure.

Old 10-12-2020, 07:06 PM

92 posts, read 44,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Some of that, sure. But the bigger concern is people falling down the conspiracy theory tree. Disavowing recognized experts for some putz on the internet. Have concerns, step one should be ask your doctor about it. Don't trust your doctor? Get a new one. This politicization of medical advice is nonsense.
The "recognized experts" have been wrong at every turn from the get go.. theyve shown multiple times throught this ordeal that they knew no more than the rest of us about COVID, and sometimes less.

Old 10-12-2020, 07:10 PM

1,253 posts, read 503,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
Anyone with a brain can figure out that a sneeze without anything covering your mouth is gonna spread many feet in front of you. When you put a barrier in front of your mouth the bulk not all will be caught in your mask or bandana. Common sense.
Except they have now told us wearing a bandana type mask spreads the virus further, because it shreds the larger particles into smaller ones.

Old 10-12-2020, 07:11 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,260,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire1 View Post
The "recognized experts" have been wrong at every turn from the get go.. theyve shown multiple times throught this ordeal that they knew no more than the rest of us about COVID, and sometimes less.
That's the scientific theory at work as new evidence is discovered. Something the conspiracy theorists do not do and every refutation is just more evidence of a cover up or some other nonsense.

Old 10-12-2020, 07:14 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
So now the anti-maskers are back to trusting the CDC? Not me. They utterly and completely tanked their response to the pandemic. 10 billion a year budget and we got a but but but excuse for their failure.

No, I will trust what countries who have been successful have done.

Wear masks in public at all times.

Hand sanitizer at the entrance to all public places.

Temperature guns at the entrance to all public places.

Sign in sheets at the entrance to all public places.

If the establishment is in a mall, the sign in sheet at mall entrances covers them.

Lock down between states or provinces. For the USA that horse has left the barn. Where I live they locked down between cities and towns as well.

The capital city here has about 100,000 less than NYC. When talking 8 million 100,000 is nothing. The entire country has only had 60 deaths and about 3650 cases.

They took the threat seriously and acted quickly. You fly into this country and you are quarantined for 2 weeks. NYC? Excuses. But but but we have 2 major airports. Yeah so does the capital where I live. But but we are a major hub. Yes are a lot of cities in the world that didn't completely fail their populations. But, ok let's go there. That just means that NYC should have responded sooner rather than later. The Good Mayor and even better Governor could have and should have said? Shut it down.
The transit authority? Yeah all those buses coming and going helped a lot too. Where I live the buses were shut down first and last to bee allowed to start up again.

Blame Trump all you like but at least be honest. The Blue states would have fought any move he made just for party reasons. The Democratic Party weaponized the pandemic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies