Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2020, 07:12 PM

17,665 posts, read 6,928,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That is literally all our politicians do, and Biden is at the top of that list.
It's all *certain* politicians do. DeSantis is a breath of fresh air here in Florida. He does not endlessly bark at people about masks like Larry Hogan.

Old 12-02-2020, 09:23 PM

8,160 posts, read 3,684,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Paper and cloth masks do not make you immune from catching the virus. They literally cannot filter out the virus. Follow the science, people.

I don't want to catch this virus, it can be nasty if your immune system does not attack it immediately. But I also know that those stupid masks will not protect me. So I try to limit my contact with people until they have the vaccine available.
As you were told zillion times by now, masks reduce the probability of transmission. Same for distancing, fast tracing/testing, not engaging in anything stupid, etc. This virus is very contagious so no single measure has been able to control it so far. Additionally, there is never full compliance with any of the measures.

Nobody claimed that masks make you immune, nobody.

Old 12-02-2020, 09:55 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
That proves absolutely nothing, lmao. Good grief.
Then prove your how true your point is by putting up figures showing how a city having a required mask ordinance caused positive cases to go up even more than a city that doesn't require masks.

Old 12-03-2020, 04:58 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Blame them for what? Reporting the news?
This isn’t North Korea.
If they only reported ALL the news, there would be no complaint. The fact that they pick and choose which news to report on based only on which political side will benefit or be harmed, is the where the blame lies. That's not news, it's propaganda. This isn't the Soviet Union. And to deny that it happens is ignorant.

Old 12-03-2020, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It's a virus, not a car. You may be infected and not know it and give it to other people.

Hospitals do not get paid a single penny for deaths from COVID-19. They get paid for providing medical care for people with COVID-19.

Doctors are not being pushed to label people as having COVID-19 who do not. There are criteria for the diagnosis. In the event that a patient does not have a positive test for the virus (false negatives do happen) there must be symptoms, physical findings, and other test results consistent with it. Deliberately misdiagnosing someone would be fraud, and there are heavy penalties for that.

No one will have to take a vaccine who does not want to. There may be consequences, though.
In the car analogy, I was referring to this statement: "If the science says you could get covid and die if someone else isn't wearing a mask, then you would think that an exposed nose/mouth could be considered a deadly weapon." You may be infected, but more likely, you are NOT. And to assume that everyone is, since some people may be, is ridiculous.

Hospitals certainly do get paid extra if someone dies of covid. Do you think those folks are dropped off at the door already deceased? They are treated in the hospital, and by saying they have covid every time, they get more money.

Regarding your last statement - what consequences would result from not taking a vaccine? And by there being consequences for refusing it, you are saying everyone must take it. Even a complete partisan moron can see that's true.

Old 12-03-2020, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifi Cake View Post
Heck no their hospitals just took a surge of COVID-19 cases. Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach counties saw a 44% increase in coronavirus patients over the past two weeks, an increase paralleled across Florida, according to state figures.

Signs of the surge: COVID-19 hospitalizations rise 44 percent

It's the anti-maskers who are causing this surge.
You have absolutely no proof of that. NONE.

Old 12-03-2020, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Are you happy that it's people like you with your mindset that are the cause of the spikes in your county and that have caused a 44% surge in hospital cases?

You don't care says a lot about who you are as a person. Glad you're not my neighbor.
Are you happy that businesses are shutting down left and right, after being closed by politicians that flaunt the very mandates that they enact? It's people like you that will drive millions into poverty, when they lose their jobs and businesses.

That you are OK with that happening says a lot about who you are as a person. I'm going to guess that you are either on the dole, work for the government, have a spouse that does, or are retired. Glad I left your state long ago, to another that is vibrant, productive and rational.

Old 12-03-2020, 08:19 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
You clearly know nothing about how it's done here.

We are not locked down like rats. In fact I ate at my favorite family owned restaurant yesterday...we able to have outdoor eating because our weather is so nice. Indoor dining was just restricted starting this month. No problem for me...I prefer the nice outdoors. I rode my bike for 22 miles around the entire Bay yesterday.

I hike around my Marina every morning.

I go to any store I want to when I need to.

I see my hairstylist this week at her shop.

Thankfully here people must abide by the mask mandate and they are happy to do so since we all saw how quickly our counties were hurt by the first COVID-19 wave. We are not into watching our local business get hurt so we do what we must to contain the virus and support our local businesses.

You will be contributing to what comes next in your county. And it won't be pretty.

Mask mandates are adhered to closely in the urban parts of Colorado. I never see anyone without their mask in any business yet cases continue to soar. It’s obviously not “anti-maskers” who are causing the surge.

Old 12-03-2020, 09:12 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
As you were told zillion times by now, masks reduce the probability of transmission. Same for distancing, fast tracing/testing, not engaging in anything stupid, etc. This virus is very contagious so no single measure has been able to control it so far. Additionally, there is never full compliance with any of the measures.

Nobody claimed that masks make you immune, nobody.
And yet actual medical studies show that masks do not do what you are claiming; they do not provide any significant protection. It's like putting a wet cloth to your nose and mouth if you find yourself in a fire, with a room full of smoke. You know that this wet cloth will not filter out the smoke and not protect you.

Sure, people repeat false memes, like wear a mask to protect yourself. Paper masks literally cannot and filter out the virus. If you are in the same room as an infected person, the room will eventually contain the virus and you will breath in the virus because your mask is incapable of filtering out the virus.

Standing six feet away from a COVID infected person might work to protect you for a couple minutes, the same as it will to stave off the cigarette smoke from a smoker. But over time the room will become saturated with the virus, just as it becomes saturated with cigarette smoke.

I know that if I wear a mask I am not going to be protected, because I have read the science. I know that if someone is shedding the virus, my mask will not filter it out.

Old 12-03-2020, 10:00 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,581,758 times
States With Few Coronavirus Restrictions Are Spreading the Virus Beyond Their Borders
Lax states are attracting shoppers and students from stricter neighbors — and sending back COVID-19 cases. The imbalance underscores the lack of a national policy.

link

Non-maskers are spreading the virus to people who come across the borders and bring them back to their home states. It is all about compliance like anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies