Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2020, 05:22 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,124,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifi Cake View Post
My cousin lives there and I can tell you for a fact you are full of it. To claim that "no one wear's a mask" there anymore is pure fabrication.

However it's people like you which is why the cases are climbing in Miami-Dade county. Yesterday you had and increase of 2,293 cases.

Like I said it only takes a few individuals not adhering to the public health mandates to cause the uptick in the spread of this virus.
If you get sick, too bad, how sad. I ain't wearing a mask to prevent you from getting the sniffles. Toughen up.

Old 12-02-2020, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Trust me I won't get sick. I know how to protect myself from the anti-maskers. I also live in a state that has strict mask mandates. We are low on the totem poll of states with the most cases because of our strict measures.

The day it kicks you in the butt, you just might become a "believer" like Ice-T's father in law.
Which state is that ?

Old 12-02-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
And on top of that, the hospitals there only have a few covid patients?

That isn't the case here. At least one Oklahoma City Hospital set up a couple of tents for covid patients. The governor had to require bars and restaurants to close at 11pm. The town of Enid mentioned above finally passed a required mask ordinance earlier this week. So things having been improving in Oklahoma.
I stopped long ago paying attention to the hospitals are full rhetoric. If they're, let me put it bluntly, I don't care.

Old 12-02-2020, 05:34 PM

Quote:
ca
You guys have more cases than us. lol. And you're closed down like rats while we can go to bars and nightclubs and gyms. lol.

Old 12-02-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Are you happy that it's people like you with your mindset that are the cause of the spikes in your county and that have caused a 44% surge in hospital cases?

You don't care says a lot about who you are as a person. Glad you're not my neighbor.
I don't give a damn about any coronavirus spike. It can be 2,000 Miami-Dade, and 20,000 tomorrow. I don't care. As much as I care about anything else.

Old 12-02-2020, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Per capita we don't

We have 31,930 cases per 1M people.

FL has 47,405 cases per 1M people.

You have to look at it per capita.

This might help you understand why.

Per Capita, Rates and Comparisons
I rather have my gym, bar, and nightclubs, etc then being locked down like a rat. Which is what you guys are in Cali, locked down as rats.

Old 12-02-2020, 05:49 PM

Quote:
You clearly know nothing about how it's done here.

We are not locked down like rats. In fact I ate at my favorite family owned restaurant yesterday...we able to have outdoor eating because our weather is so nice. Indoor dining was just restricted starting this month. No problem for me...I prefer the nice outdoors. I rode my bike for 22 miles around the entire Bay yesterday.

I hike around my Marina every morning.

I go to any store I want to when I need to.

I see my hairstylist this week at her shop.

Thankfully here people must abide by the mask mandate and they are happy to do so since we all saw how quickly our counties were hurt by the first COVID-19 wave. We are not into watching our local business get hurt so we do what we must to contain the virus and support our local businesses.

You will be contributing to what comes next in your county. And it won't be pretty.
I like options kid. Indoors has its purposes, even here in Miami where we're warmer than you're this time of the year. I also like my gym. Sorry, but your place sounds like hell to me. Meanwhile, this virus is supposedly circulating around like crazy, but I never caught it. So

Old 12-02-2020, 05:55 PM

37,181 posts, read 41,377,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
the tests are not irrelevant if someone is sick because they could have the regular flu which has very similar symptoms to covid 19. knowing whether someone has covid or the regular flu might be difficult to determine if the tests are too sensitive.
The tests are also specific. They can tell the difference between flu and the coronavirus. Specificity is different from sensitivity. It is also possible to have both viruses.

Old 12-02-2020, 05:59 PM

38,070 posts, read 22,230,400 times
Quote:
It's unfortunate that this is what it's going to take for some folks to wake up.

Ice-T calls out ‘no-masker’ father-in-law

"My father-in-law ‘Coco’s dad’ was a serious ‘No Masker’ COVID hit him. Pneumonia in both lungs.. 40 days in ICU close to death.. Now he’s on Oxygen indefinitely. Ohhh he’s a Believer now.."

I feel for this nurse who responded to the Tweet.

"The non-maskers make it harder for everyone & many times their own self. But they mostly make it harder for us to get the virus under control and get a sense of stability and normalcy. And that makes me angry. Best wishes for your FIL’s recovery. I don’t wish this on anyone."
Paper and cloth masks do not make you immune from catching the virus. They literally cannot filter out the virus. Follow the science, people.

I don't want to catch this virus, it can be nasty if your immune system does not attack it immediately. But I also know that those stupid masks will not protect me. So I try to limit my contact with people until they have the vaccine available.

Old 12-02-2020, 06:24 PM

38,070 posts, read 22,230,400 times
Quote:
No one ever claimed they do!
That is literally all our politicians do, and Biden is at the top of that list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.