Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2020, 10:30 AM

17,641 posts, read 6,914,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...n-experts-say/

Enjoy. Now you with your evidence we’re catching “staph” from our masks.
That's a news article, not a randomized controlled trial. Keep trying.

Old 12-05-2020, 10:33 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
That's a news article, not a randomized controlled trial. Keep trying.
It references randomized trials in the article. Nice side-step and thank you for playing. I enjoy watching the arrogantly ignorant puff their chests in the mirror.

Old 12-05-2020, 10:36 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
One medical experts opinion is going to control the entire world? LOL

As to the bolded, clearly you are not good at putting the pieces together. Maybe start with a jigsaw puzzle and you will improve.
Dr Fauci did not say how long but he did say we need to wear masks after the vaccine comes out. they said we needed to flatten the curve and now we are closing business and still wearing masks to this day. the restrictions keep coming long after we "flatten the curve." we have been doing this for 9 months and its not going to stop because the UK medical expert was right its never going away. with other viruses we just kept living like it did not exist but with this virus we are not allowed to. we should just get natural immunity like we have with other viruses.

Old 12-05-2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
It references randomized trials in the article. Nice side-step and thank you for playing. I enjoy watching the arrogantly ignorant puff their chests in the mirror.
Actually, it doesn't. Not all studies are randomized controlled trials. Keep trying.

Old 12-05-2020, 10:44 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Actually, it doesn't. Not all studies are randomized controlled trials. Keep trying.
You can play the cognitive dissonance game all you like, but I know if a drunk hobo was standing next to you ready to take a massive leak, 10/10 times you’d be hoping that guy was wearing pants over being butt-naked hoping you don’t catch a spray in the crosswind.

Old 12-05-2020, 10:53 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Dr Fauci did not say how long but he did say we need to wear masks after the vaccine comes out. they said we needed to flatten the curve and now we are closing business and still wearing masks to this day. the restrictions keep coming long after we "flatten the curve." we have been doing this for 9 months and its not going to stop because the UK medical expert was right its never going away. with other viruses we just kept living like it did not exist but with this virus we are not allowed to. we should just get natural immunity like we have with other viruses.
I guess you havent noticed there is a new curve to flatten because of all the ignorant people who are failing to follow the guidelines to keep from spreading the virus.

I guess it also escaped your attention that the vaccine will not be 100% effective and not everyone will get it at the same time so it will be a while before we can reach herd immunity.

Do you realize how many young/healthy people (not to mention the older at risk people) would pile into our hospitals if we just went around without a care trying to get natural immunity?

Try to apply some common sense. Do you want to end up spending a week in the hospital when you could most likely avoid that by slapping on a mask, social distancing and not hanging out in large crowds? What a stupid choice that is.

Old 12-05-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
No, it doesn't. And if it did it would be a simple thing to post the actual trial. You didn't do that, and it's obvious why you didn't do that.

Old 12-05-2020, 11:39 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,581,720 times
Quote:
No, first you mask cultists need to provide the study that shows wearing a cloth bandana does anything to reduce the risk of catching COVID-19 to either the wearer or anyone else. A randomized controlled trial. We'll wait.
Actually they make matters worse. But that's not important. As long as they give the appearance of being safe we're good. Providing a sense of security allows people to go out and spend money.

"Gaiters, which are known for being made of fleece, were found to release a lot of little particles from the wearer and created more tiny droplets than speaking without a mask. “This mask breaking down big droplets into you, multiple little droplets,” said Fisher. “These little droplets could be problematic because they have an easier time being carried away by air. So they might travel for the distance as opposed to just dropping down to the floor. So this was problematic.”"
https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/w...orked-72285844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I guess you havent noticed there is a new curve to flatten because of all the ignorant people who are failing to follow the guidelines to keep from spreading the virus.

I guess it also escaped your attention that the vaccine will not be 100% effective and not everyone will get it at the same time so it will be a while before we can reach herd immunity.

Do you realize how many young/healthy people (not to mention the older at risk people) would pile into our hospitals if we just went around without a care trying to get natural immunity?

Try to apply some common sense. Do you want to end up spending a week in the hospital when you could most likely avoid that by slapping on a mask, social distancing and not hanging out in large crowds? What a stupid choice that is.
Here's some common sense for you. In NC (where a mask mandate has been in effect since June) my ZIP code has the highest mask usage in the state. My ZIP code is also the hot spot in the entire state with the highest number of positive cases. In NC the curve never flattened. Cases have steadily increased and are now out of control. I can't remember the last time I saw someone without a mask. The mandate even requires everyone to be in a mask outdoors and even inside your own home. I see people driving alone in their own car wearing mask. The mask mandate did nothing to slow the spread in NC.

Old 12-05-2020, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Here's some common sense for you. In NC (where a mask mandate has been in effect since June) my ZIP code has the highest mask usage in the state. My ZIP code is also the hot spot in the entire state with the highest number of positive cases. In NC the curve never flattened. Cases have steadily increased and are now out of control. I can't remember the last time I saw someone without a mask. The mandate even requires everyone to be in a mask outdoors and even inside your own home. I see people driving alone in their own car wearing mask. The mask mandate did nothing to slow the spread in NC.
You can't reason with these people. They would believe the government no matter what the government says. They are brainwashed and incapable of thinking for themselves. The scary thing is that there are so many of them.

They actually think they are "saving lives" by wearing a cloth bandana.

Old 12-05-2020, 11:56 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
No, first you mask cultists need to provide the study that shows wearing a cloth bandana does anything to reduce the risk of catching COVID-19 to either the wearer or anyone else. A randomized controlled trial. We'll wait.
Why are you asking for a randomized controlled study of a false premise that would be impossible to conduct?

In the first place, no one has ever said that wearing a mask is any guarantee you wont catch the virus.

The premise has always been that if everyone wears a mask there is less virus being spread and therefore everyone is less at risk of catching it.

In the second place, you dont need random controlled studies to determine how many virus particles are prevented from spreading when some is breathing out through a mask. Plenty of studies to show that as well as how effective different kinds of masks are. Its observable.......no random controlled study needed.

A randomized controlled study on how much impact a mask you wear has on not catching the virus is impossible. No way to controll what impact the people you come in contact with who are not part of the study have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies