Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2020, 03:22 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifi Cake View Post
China's not doing nearly as bad as the US with respect to COVID-19.

Because of their strict mask mandates they were able to contain the spread.

As of Oct 4, 2020, China had confirmed 90 604 cases of COVID-19 and 4739 deaths, while the USA had registered 7 382 194 cases and 209 382 deaths. The UK has a population 20 times smaller than China, yet it has seen five times as many cases of COVID-19 and almost ten times as many deaths. All of which raises the question: how has China managed to wrest control of its pandemic?

I have several colleges that I work with who live in China. Most people in the US have no idea how much better China is doing than us.
I have no trust in China stats. China wielded people into their homes. Carted a lot to warehouses to live or die. Not what we should want anyway. I would bet a lot of people were never accounted for.

Old 11-18-2020, 03:28 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
China's not doing nearly as bad as the US with respect to COVID-19.

Because of their strict mask mandates they were able to contain the spread.

As of Oct 4, 2020, China had confirmed 90 604 cases of COVID-19 and 4739 deaths, while the USA had registered 7 382 194 cases and 209 382 deaths. The UK has a population 20 times smaller than China, yet it has seen five times as many cases of COVID-19 and almost ten times as many deaths. All of which raises the question: how has China managed to wrest control of its pandemic?

I have several colleges that I work with who live in China. Most people in the US have no idea how much better China is doing than us.
How amusing that you believe the propaganda put out by the Chinese communist party. Let me guess, you also believe the American media?

Old 11-18-2020, 04:46 PM

7,360 posts, read 6,531,454 times
Quote:
No and no.

Like I stated I work daily with several co-workers and clients who live in China. Their claims align with what medical science researchers and peer reviewed publsied papers are stating.

China's successful control of COVID-19
Well yes, IT"S A COLD! It is a MINOR, MILD disease so OF COURSE there isn't the ridiculous panic over there that there is here. If the communist government declares it beat, then it's beat. If our media wasn't lapping everyone up into a froth over a cold, we wouldn't be having an issue either. This "pandemic" is a psyop entirely of the media's making following the orders of their communist overlords.

Old 11-18-2020, 04:54 PM

8,157 posts, read 3,680,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Well yes, IT"S A COLD! It is a MINOR, MILD disease so OF COURSE there isn't the ridiculous panic over there that there is here. If the communist government declares it beat, then it's beat. If our media wasn't lapping everyone up into a froth over a cold, we wouldn't be having an issue either. This "pandemic" is a psyop entirely of the media's making following the orders of their communist overlords.
Could you remind us when was the last time a "minor cold" killed 256k and counting (actually more but that's the official number) in 8 months?

Old 11-18-2020, 05:07 PM

You're very much assuming that that number is accurate from multiple angles. For one, has there actually been that many deaths? For two, how many of them are actually due to, or a result from corona?

Old 11-18-2020, 05:30 PM

8,157 posts, read 3,680,515 times
Quote:
You're very much assuming that that number is accurate from multiple angles. For one, has there actually been that many deaths? For two, how many of them are actually due to, or a result from corona?
1. Yes. Well, actually more, when you look at the excess deaths compared to the same period last year.
2. Yes.

Old 11-18-2020, 06:41 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Quote:
Such a lie
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/18/healt...rnd/index.html

More people have died from CoVid this year so far than 10X the number in car accidents
IT IS NOT A MINOR DISEASE FOR SOME PEOPLE—

Old 11-18-2020, 06:47 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
How many people on this thread actually know someone who works in a hospital treating co-vid patients?
How many people on this thread know someone who has had CoVid?
How many people on this thread know someone who has died from CoVid or complications while infected?

I know health care workers in hospitals treating CoVid patients—not fun, very stressful, and they are extremely worried about taking it home to their families

I know people who have gotten CoVid and had relatively mild cases—in that they didn’t need hospitalizations but they also felt horrible, have long time getting back to normal because they feel very tired/debilitated after they are “over” the disease and have a clear test

I know people who have died from CoVid—my daughter’s second grade teacher was one who passed away this week in hospital being treated for CoVid infection, was getting better, then had heart attack—because CoVid is a circulatory disease and puts strain on heart among other organs...

So I wish anyone who hasn’t had it, doesn’t know any medical workers, or doesn’t know someone who has had it and died would just shut up about your opinions...
You can have them—just don’t spread them...

Old 11-18-2020, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
1. Yes. Well, actually more, when you look at the excess deaths compared to the same period last year.
2. Yes.
Do a quick Google search. We have about as many "excess deaths" when the economy tanks. Further, are we counting "excess deaths" correctly? How do we know they aren't simply saying all "corona deaths" are "excess deaths."

Old 11-18-2020, 07:12 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
We don't yet know how long immunity will last with it. It may be like the flu where you need one every year, or like Shingles which is every 5 years.
At this point the duration of protection from the shingles vaccine is unknown, but there is no recommendation to repeat it at five years.

Quote:
Do a quick Google search. We have about as many "excess deaths" when the economy tanks. Further, are we counting "excess deaths" correctly? How do we know they aren't simply saying all "corona deaths" are "excess deaths."
If the excess deaths are not due to COVID-19 you have to come up with another explanation. What do you think it is?

Source for your statement about the economy and excess deaths?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies