Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2020, 10:48 AM

8,156 posts, read 3,680,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Vitamin View Post
Those damn, bogus PCR tests that labs purposely run high amp counts to trigger positive cases that NO ones talks about. This scamdemic is now driven by #$@ing cases, cases, CASES! Not deaths or hospitalizations!
So the deaths and hospitalizations have increased severely due to "bogus" testing?

Old 11-19-2020, 10:50 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Many business models cannot survive if 50% of the customer base is lost. Still that's largely irrelevant to what you or others may be saying (haven't read that much). The reason given by governmental authorities for shuttering or restricting businesses is to protect hospital bed availability.

Think covid doesn't exist or isn't problematic then fine. But people are walking into or more precisely being taken by ambulance to hospitals. Doctors are putting them into hospitals beds. Germs do exist. Something is spreading. Doctors do have the ability to distinguish between heart attacks and an infectious disease.

We'd better hope to G'd that something is covid because the SARS-CoV-2 virus is what vaccines are being developed to counter.
Then they will fail. But certainly no businesses can survive being shut down.

And if for some reason there are no more hospital beds, something that hasn't happened in India, the entire African continent, or Sweden - then we will impose a higher cost on elderly people getting care. And that's it. You have no right to shut down someone's livelihood.

I'm staying by this, even if it means 3 million dead Americans in 2 years. The insanity has to stop. Why am I being punished to protect someone who never gave a F for me and I don't give a F about? Do they give a F about my happiness or business? So F them to the grave.

Old 11-19-2020, 11:00 AM

37,111 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
In reality you don't know it. Even taking the CDC guidelines, it's not clear everyone followed them when listing a death as a covid death, and being counted in the statistics.
Yes, there have been some people who cannot follow simple CDC guidelines, but not all 250,000 deaths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
That's a bold an erroneous statement. They can't even isolate the virus in the first place. You are wrong.
They most certainly have isolated the virus. They have even sequenced its RNA.

Old 11-19-2020, 11:09 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,344,621 times
Quote:
Then they will fail. But certainly no businesses can survive being shut down.

And if for some reason there are no more hospital beds, something that hasn't happened in India, the entire African continent, or Sweden - then we will impose a higher cost on elderly people getting care. And that's it. You have no right to shut down someone's livelihood.
Charging more for a non-existing hospital bed does not help. What you mean is to ration care. Decide who gets a bed and who does not. How would that then be done? Based on estimated years of remaining life? Say those over age 75, with the number potentially higher or lower demanding on bed demand.

But why restrict this to covid patients? The issue is hospital beds period. Have a heart attack at age 80. You're out. That younger obese covid patient comes first. Governmental authorities are basing various responses on hospital bed availability. That's why countries lock down.

Word goes around that there's this funky disease spreading fast and no room 'at the inn.' Covid is a disease that in the severely ill does require treatment. That fall in the death rate did not happen because the virus mutated.

What do you THINK will happen to economic demand if treatment for some unknown number will be unavailable. Or with hastily trained community college students trying to care for the less severely ill in tents. My take is that won't be good for business.

Old 11-19-2020, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Charging more for a non-existing hospital bed does not help.
We live in a capitalist economy. Demand goes up, price goes up, until supply rises to match. What should have been done during lockdown is expending hospital capacity instead of crushing small businesses left and right.

Quote:
What you mean is to ration care. Decide who gets a bed and who does not. How would that then be done? Based on estimated years of remaining life? Say those over age 75, with the number potentially higher or lower demanding on bed demand.
Sure, the older you're the less your life is worth. I'm saying this as someone who is 53. If it's my butt and that of a 23 year old, I'll give it to the 23 year old. He has a life to life, a family to make. I lived 90% of my best days. Someone above 80? For the most part is just waiting to die.

Quote:
My take is that won't be good for business.
Anything, and I mean anything, is better than just shutting down businesses.

Old 11-19-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
I'm staying by this, even if it means 3 million dead Americans in 2 years. The insanity has to stop. Why am I being punished to protect someone who never gave a F for me and I don't give a F about? Do they give a F about my happiness or business? So F them to the grave.
Once they're dead their dead. That's not the issue. It's that before some die others will be concerned they might be among them. That impacts business today. Adding on the specter of lack of adequate care just worsens the situation. You've heard this before, nothing original about it: Fix the pandemic to fix the economy.

Old 11-19-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Once they're dead their dead. That's not the issue. It's that before some die others will be concerned they might be among them. That impacts business today.
What impacts businesses more is shutting them down. A business shut down is doing 0% business. How can you not understand that?

Old 11-19-2020, 11:18 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
There is no surge and hospitals are not overwhelmed. There is no pandemic, and there is no emergency.

If anyone needs to show personal responsibility, it's you. You have a responsibility to seek out and find the truth, and if you continue to embrace the false narrative, you are accountable for that.
Tell that to the Governor of Wyoming.

He said, “ It’s time that Wyoming woke up and got serious about what it’s ( Covid) doing. We relied on people to be responsible, and they’re being irresponsible. They think somehow this is all nonsense. People are being knuckleheads about this”.

Old 11-19-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
We live in a capitalist economy. Demand goes up, price goes up, until supply rises to match. What should have been done during lockdown is expending hospital capacity instead of crushing small businesses left and right.

Sure, the older you're the less your life is worth. I'm saying this as someone as 53. If it's my butt and that of a 23 year old, I'll give it to the 23 year old. He has a life to life, a family to make. I lived 90% of my best days. Someone above 80? For the most part is just waiting to die.

Anything, and I mean anything, is better than just shutting down businesses.
What do you think hospitals have been doing, at least the well run ones in states where governors don't blow off the pandemic. The physical bed or even doctors are not the factor in least supply. It's nurses. Our governor has put out a call for a new nursing corps: those with provisional certs, the retired, volunteers from the community colleges. Setting up a tent is easy, even equipment need not be a bottle point although PPE reportedly remains in short supply even in the hospitals. Nurses, a problem.

The first wave was limited to certain geographic areas. Traveling nurses were brought in. Patients transferred. With covid so widespread this time around, those seeming solutions aren't as available.

Old 11-19-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
What do you think hospitals have been doing, at least the well run ones in states where governors don't blow off the pandemic. The physical bed or even doctors are not the factor in least supply. It's nurses. Our governor has put out a call for a new nursing corps: those with provisional certs, the retired, volunteers from the community colleges. Setting up a tent is easy, even equipment need not be a bottle point although PPE reportedly remains in short supply even in the hospitals. Nurses, a problem.

The first wave was limited to certain geographic areas. Traveling nurses were brought in. Patients transferred. With covid so widespread this time around, those seeming solutions aren't as available.
Pay nurses more. It's good to be a nurse these days. Encourage students to become nurses and fast track. Hire nurses abroad and bring them here. We have many options.

And encourage people to stay home and recover at home. Not everyone with a cough needs to go to the hospital. And if a nursing home person with 9 toes in the grave gets them, let them die with palliative care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies