Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2020, 05:42 PM

17,643 posts, read 6,918,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
They're in lockdowns now, but their cases are still higher than the USA when adjusted by population.

But now it's US turn. Let it rip. Maybe you can finally catch Covid and stop sh*tting yourself over it?

Edit:

Actually, now the USA has higher cases per million. Still, all of them have higher deaths per million except France. Anyways, it's US' turn. Let the games begin.
I have a feeling serger is camped out in a nuclear bunker with a hazmat suit on, "living" in mortal fear of catching COVID-19. So he should be "safe." From the virus anyway. He still has to keep himself company which could have it's own list of health risks.

Old 11-19-2020, 06:36 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
So "trust the experts" only applies as long as the experts are saying what you agree with?
If ten studies show that wearing masks offer no significant protection from the flu, that is science the Democrats will ignore.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-bQ...SLzYHz1_p/view

Among the measures the study reviewed were hand-washing, quarantine protocols, school closures, "respiratory etiquette" and face masks.

The document reviews 10 separate randomized, controlled trials examining the effectiveness of face masks in stopping flu transmission. There was "no evidence that face masks are effective in reducing transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza" found in that survey.

The USA has been doing it's own test. Everyone is wearing a mask, and yet infections are skyrocketing and some states are going to lock down.

so what do lock downs do? They kill small businesses, like local stores, mom and pop restaurants and theaters.

Who benefits? Large corporations like Amazon replaces your local store, youtube and Netflix replaces your theaters, fastfood restaurants replace mom & pop restaurants, etc....

Old 11-19-2020, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
If ten studies show that wearing masks offer no significant protection from the flu, that is science the Democrats will ignore.

Among the measures the study reviewed were hand-washing, quarantine protocols, school closures, "respiratory etiquette" and face masks.

The document reviews 10 separate randomized, controlled trials examining the effectiveness of face masks in stopping flu transmission. There was "no evidence that face masks are effective in reducing transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza" found in that survey.

The USA has been doing it's own test. Everyone is wearing a mask, and yet infections are skyrocketing and some states are going to lock down.

so what do lock downs do? They kill small businesses, like local stores, mom and pop restaurants and theaters.

Who benefits? Large corporations like Amazon replaces your local store, youtube and Netflix replaces your theaters, fastfood restaurants replace mom & pop restaurants, etc....
Thanks for the link. I've seen a few of the 10 studies before but not all of them.

I'm sure serger and suzy have an explanation as to why masks work against COVID-19 but not the flu.

Old 11-19-2020, 07:26 PM

8,157 posts, read 3,680,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I have a feeling serger is camped out in a nuclear bunker with a hazmat suit on, "living" in mortal fear of catching COVID-19. So he should be "safe." From the virus anyway. He still has to keep himself company which could have it's own list of health risks.
Sorry to disappoint you, I did work from home for quite a while, but that's no longer the case, I go to work every day. No, I'm not in mortal fear, but as opposed to you I understand that without responsible behavior we can't have a functioning economy. The only thing that saved us so far is the ability (as opposed to pretty much any other country) to create money from thin air. Eventually that ability will end one way or another.

Old 11-19-2020, 07:41 PM

8,157 posts, read 3,680,515 times
Quote:
Thanks for the link. I've seen a few of the 10 studies before but not all of them.

I'm sure serger and suzy have an explanation as to why masks work against COVID-19 but not the flu.
The masks and all other covid countermeasures have worked great against the flu. There has been a global decline in the flu activity.

Old 11-20-2020, 03:28 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifi Cake View Post
Scientist have even assigned musical notes to the spike protein, translating the structure of its famous spike protein into music.

The new format can help scientists find sites on the protein where antibodies or drugs might be able to bind—simply by searching for specific musical sequences that correspond to these sites. This, the researchers say, is faster and more intuitive than conventional methods used to study proteins, such as molecular modeling.

Scientists have turned the structure of the coronavirus into music
Royal Rife was murdered.

Old 11-20-2020, 05:58 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yiloipo View Post
This is all about control......

CAN YOU BELIEVE THE BALLS THEY HAVE TELLING PEOPLE TO WEAR MASKS IN THIER HOUSES??

This is insane and unreal.. THEY CAN TAKE THIER MASKS AND SHOVE THEM UP THIER .............................

Sadly they know alot of people will just obey and its pathetic!!!!!!!

WHATS HAPPENING?? -- PEOPLE ARE NOT PEOPLE ANYMORE.... THEY ARE DOCILE MORONS!!
Masks have made no difference, except in increasing cases, which is what I think they want to do, so that people will be more willing to take the vaccine. People need to just say NO! I have no idea why these people are brain-dead, but this may explain it: https://healthandmoneynews.wordpress...OBDZhG-lscddEM

Peggy Hall - Healthy American is working hard at educating people on masks and the tyranny involved:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnVF...ature=youtu.be

Old 11-20-2020, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
The masks and all other covid countermeasures have worked great against the flu. There has been a global decline in the flu activity.
So, you simply discount the ten studies that prove the exact opposite of what you're claiming? Way to follow the science.

Old 11-20-2020, 06:28 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,947,747 times
Quote:
So, you simply discount the ten studies that prove the exact opposite of what you're claiming? Way to follow the science.
It is stupefying to see. Anything that doesn't fit the mainstream media's false narrative is simply ignored. No matter what it is.

Old 11-20-2020, 08:31 AM

8,772 posts, read 5,062,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

Everyone may be wearing a mask.....but it dosn`t work if you wear it around your neck, under your nose, or wear the same one for months, without washing.
I have noticed, shoppers, employees, in stores, not wearing their mask correctly. So, no the mask will not work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies