Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2020, 08:38 AM

17,643 posts, read 6,918,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
It is stupefying to see. Anything that doesn't fit the mainstream media's false narrative is simply ignored. No matter what it is.
It is amazing. What's even MORE amazing is that they turn around and accuse ****US**** of being "anti-science."

Please show me a randomized controlled trial that proves: People not infected or asymptomatic carriers wearing a cloth mask substantially reduces risk to either the person wearing it or someone else and I will gladly wear it.

That study does not exist and I believe there is a good reason it doesn't exist. It's not true. If it were, you can bet there would be a RCT saying that. We've been in this since February/March and it's November. It's not difficult to study.

Old 11-20-2020, 09:19 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,947,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It is amazing. What's even MORE amazing is that they turn around and accuse ****US**** of being "anti-science."

Please show me a randomized controlled trial that proves: People not infected or asymptomatic carriers wearing a cloth mask substantially reduces risk to either the person wearing it or someone else and I will gladly wear it.

That study does not exist and I believe there is a good reason it doesn't exist. It's not true. If it were, you can bet there would be a RCT saying that. We've been in this since February/March and it's November. It's not difficult to study.
Yes, great post. But there is more: the people making the rules had access to those 10 studies. So the question needs to be asked- why would those making the rules in the name of public health deliberately oppose the science, and do it in such an emphatic and authoritarian manner?

Old 11-20-2020, 09:25 AM

17,643 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Yes, great post. But there is more: the people making the rules had access to those 10 studies. So the question needs to be asked- why would those making the rules in the name of public health deliberately oppose the science, and do it in such an emphatic and authoritarian manner?
Well, I have my theories about that and all roads lead to Obama. That's why the GOP needs to keep the Senate. There must be investigations to get at the truth.

Old 11-20-2020, 10:20 AM
bu2

24,107 posts, read 14,896,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Everyone may be wearing a mask.....but it dosn`t work if you wear it around your neck, under your nose, or wear the same one for months, without washing.
I have noticed, shoppers, employees, in stores, not wearing their mask correctly. So, no the mask will not work.
Fauci was at the baseball game wearing it as a chin diaper.

Old 11-20-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Well, I have my theories about that and all roads lead to Obama. That's why the GOP needs to keep the Senate. There must be investigations to get at the truth.
It's happening world wide, this is much bigger than Obama. And it's happening under the GOP's watch. That's not to say that supporting the other side is in order, but it is to say that both sides are in on it.

They are trying to bring in a new system. Call it what you want: the great reset, the new world order, one world government, whatever. That's my take on it, anyway.

Old 11-20-2020, 10:49 AM

1,361 posts, read 553,195 times
I guess the question of the day is... given the recent 120,000+ new infections daily or whatever the number is that the media is using...

I gotta ask...

NONE OF THEM WERE WEARING MASKS?

Or are masks just a false sense of security for people?

I'll bet on the latter... and yes, I have a mask I'll wear to make people feel better although I put 0 stock in it when it comes to protecting me or you from this "deadly" virus.

Old 11-20-2020, 10:57 AM

2,715 posts, read 2,217,945 times
I use to enjoy just wandering down the aisles at Costco and Sam's Club to see what is new. But not now. I go into them and get what I want as fast as I can and leave. This is not due to worrying about Covid. It is due to having to wear a dang mask.

Old 11-20-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I use to enjoy just wandering down the aisles at Costco and Sam's Club to see what is new. But not now. I go into them and get what I want as fast as I can and leave. This is not due to worrying about Covid. It is due to having to wear a dang mask.
Maybe it's time to take the mask off? It will seem intimidating at first but you get used to it. Thus far I've only run into an issue twice.

Old 11-20-2020, 02:34 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Everyone may be wearing a mask.....but it dosn`t work if you wear it around your neck, under your nose, or wear the same one for months, without washing.
I have noticed, shoppers, employees, in stores, not wearing their mask correctly. So, no the mask will not work.
You are trying to infer that the few people who are not wearing their masks correctly are the rule, well it's not. The 99.99% of the people I see out and about in public are masked up properly, and yet COVID cases are spiking.

Masks don't work, not because everyone is not wearing them correctly, they just don't work. I just cited medical studies stating that masks offered no significant protection. If you are in the same room as an infected person, your paper mask or homemade cloth mask will not prevent you from breathing in the virus.

Old 11-20-2020, 02:37 PM

25,451 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You are trying to infer that the few people who are not wearing their masks correctly are the rule, well it's not. The 99.99% of the people I see out and about in public are masked up properly, and yet COVID cases are spiking.

Masks don't work, not because everyone is not wearing them correctly, they just don't work. I just cited medical studies stating that masks offered no significant protection. If you are in the same room as an infected person, your paper mask or homemade cloth mask will not prevent you from breathing in the virus.
South Dakota has no mask mandate and cases are out of control. Most of the places that are on a tear right now have no mask mandate or a very lax one. I live in a red state where there are actually mask mandates for stores. At least 50% of people aren't wearing one. If 99.99% of people actually were wearing masks, we probably wouldn't be in this predicament. The science is out there if ones cares to look at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies