Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2020, 05:31 PM

327 posts, read 211,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Good luck with getting into Costco
Been going to Costco once a week for the past few months with a stealth style mesh mask no questions asked. It even works on the airlines imagine that. Not one single person said a thing about it.

Old 11-20-2020, 06:09 PM

8,155 posts, read 3,680,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I live in WI, everyone is masked up. I only saw one person at a store who didn't have a mask. We are spiking in positive cases. It's clear as crystal, that wearing masks has not made a difference here.
How do you know what the spike would had been with no mask wearing. I'll wait.

Old 11-20-2020, 06:23 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
It would have been the same, as proven by the ten randomized controlled studies you are ignoring. As well as the Danish study that you refuse to acknowledge.

Old 11-20-2020, 07:19 PM

8,155 posts, read 3,680,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It would have been the same, as proven by the ten randomized controlled studies you are ignoring. As well as the Danish study that you refuse to acknowledge.
No, I read the paper. You should too.

Old 11-20-2020, 07:19 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Well, the studies I read, incorporated hand washing, social distancing and wearing masks, even using all of these they still said they offered no significant protection. And yet.... here we are, with government telling us if we wash hands, social distance and wear masks we will be safe and be significantly protected. These studies clearly showed that masks do not stop the virus.

If you are in the high risk group, you really need to severely limit your contact with people. The healthy young people can follow the mask, hygiene and social distancing, but they should go to work, and get on with their lives. Albeit making sure they do not interact with high risk people.
Since you claim that studies clearly show that masks don't stop the virus, why even bother putting one on? Social distancing won't work much, if the virus can travel through the air considerably longer than 6 ft.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 11-20-2020 at 07:28 PM..

Old 11-20-2020, 07:29 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Like every place in Europe?

There is no science. And its starting up again in New York which has strict rules.
And New York is closing the schools, and yet the science, as in the CDC, never said to close the schools. So Cuomo and these other governors are not following the science.

Old 11-20-2020, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Since you claim that studies clearly show that masks don't stop the virus, why even bother putting one on? Social distancing won't work much, if the virus can travel through the air considerably longer than 6 ft.
I don't claim it, the studies said masks did not offer and significant protection. And yes, the virus floats thru the air much further than six feet. If you are in a room with an infected person, eventually the air will be saturated with the virus and you'll breath it in thru your mask. However, if you limit your time in that room, you may not breath in enough of the virus to cause infection.

Old 11-20-2020, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Are you assuming masks prevent infection? Masks prevent a person from spraying phlegm and saliva when they sneeze or cough. So I'd still recommend them. But they do nothing to stop you from breathing in the virus.

Old 11-20-2020, 07:47 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
I don't claim it, the studies said masks did not offer and significant protection. And yes, the virus floats thru the air much further than six feet. If you are in a room with an infected person, eventually the air will be saturated with the virus and you'll breath it in thru your mask. However, if you limit your time in that room, you may not breath in enough of the virus to cause infection.
Yet, a study in Oklahoma found masks help. The study "found that while face covering requirements don’t make COVID-19 completely disappear, mask mandates completely changed the trajectory of the deadly virus. Municipalities that instituted requirements experienced much lower fatality rates and transmission rates beginning about seven days after implementation. Cases are increasing, but they’ve been at a lower rate of increase and more controlled than in communities that don’t have those mandates.”

Furthermore, Oklahoma City Mayor David Holt said data shows that COVID-19 transmission in communities without mask mandates is considerably worse than in Oklahoma City, which has long had a face covering requirement. MORE AT: https://www.mcalesternews.com/oklaho...e37b00808.html

Old 11-20-2020, 11:11 PM

130 posts, read 77,250 times
My brother sent me a hot email and said to stop spreading lies about Masks...

He said "If you dont wanna wanna wear one dont but dont bother the non-stupid people about it"

NON-STUPID?? ---- You mean braindead morons who listen to anything they are told and let thier mind be filled with crap!!!

At least I am sane and have use of my own mind!! -- THANK GOD!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies