Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2020, 07:27 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,923,260 times

Advertisements

And not a single RCT among them. Worthless, the equivalent of a youtube video showing someone sneezing.

Old 11-25-2020, 07:45 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I am hearing the opposite from some nurses the media's job is to lie. I heard nurses have been laid off because lots of people were trying to avoid the hospital because of the covid scare. lockdowns don't do much for slowing the virus anyway. they were telling cancer patients to wait for their treatment during the height of the pandemic. people put off going to the hospital and because of it died. more people die from lockdowns than the actual virus.
Nurses have been walking off the job all over the country. They can’t take it anymore.

I work with hospitals across the country. They are filling up to the brim. They are turning away patients for safety reasons. They are losing revenue like crazy, bleeding.

The healthcare system is collapsing. Christmas is going to be a nightmare with everyone traveling.

Old 11-25-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Nurses have been walking off the job all over the country. They can’t take it anymore.

I work with hospitals across the country. They are filling up to the brim. They are turning away patients for safety reasons. They are losing revenue like crazy, bleeding.

The healthcare system is collapsing. Christmas is going to be a nightmare with everyone traveling.
Well, just do your part and remain confined to your apartment in New York for at least the next 8 months. Thanks in advance.

Old 11-25-2020, 08:14 PM

130 posts, read 77,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree
Mask below the nose is unlikely to expose anyone to more risk. Most of the risk comes from people talking (and spewing air particles). The nose is not a problem unless the person is sneezing.
I was at whole foods tonight and was harrassed by some older employee (73yrs old). He demanded I put a mask on... And when I put it BELOW MY NOSE he said "It must cover your nose" and I said "Its hard for me to breathe..... They dont make me wear one!" -- He went off to tattle on me,I guess he isnt used to people he cant walk all over!

I took off into the store before he came back..... Another employee who knows me met me in the isle and gave me a mask (He must have said something to her) .. I didnt put it on!! -- When I walked back outside that guy was there and I didnt have it on and he didnt say anything that time!!!

It really is getting tiresome!!

Old 11-25-2020, 10:07 PM

8,154 posts, read 3,682,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
And not a single RCT among them. Worthless, the equivalent of a youtube video showing someone sneezing.
Looks like you learned a new word and used it in sentence.

Old 11-25-2020, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Looks like you learned a new word and used it in sentence.
Still waiting for scientific evidence that supports your partisan panic. Share it whenever you can.

Old 11-25-2020, 11:01 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Here's a small sampling of peer-reviewed studies showing masks work:
If they work, how much do they work? 1%? 10%? 50%? 100%?

It certainly didn't seem masks worked for W. Europe, because they had to lockdown again.

Old 11-26-2020, 01:17 AM

1,540 posts, read 1,485,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcnghm View Post
I was at whole foods tonight and was harrassed by some older employee (73yrs old). He demanded I put a mask on... And when I put it BELOW MY NOSE he said "It must cover your nose" and I said "Its hard for me to breathe..... They dont make me wear one!" -- He went off to tattle on me,I guess he isnt used to people he cant walk all over!

It's too bad someone in a high risk group just trying to do his job has to deal with an idiot like you.

Old 11-26-2020, 01:25 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,555,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I haven't been to Boston. But, I have been to NYC and San Francisco, and walked around maskless outdoors. Often, the only one. No one shamed me. Sometimes I walked into stores accidentally without one, and they'd gently remind me to put one on. That was it.
It does not happen to me all the time. if i walk down the street usually nobody says anything but if I walk on a bike path or a park or trail they have said things to me. if you lived here for enough time you would have someone say something to you. its happened to me like 7 times but I live here.

Old 11-26-2020, 03:10 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
if you're outdoors and maintaining a social distance of 6 feet( where that distance actually has some effectiveness, not like indoors where its actually supposed to be at least 20 feet) then you don't need to wear a mask. And that's not even considering that masks aren't very effective to begin with.
Don't be afraid to stand up to some mean spirited ignorant karen that wants to play mask nazi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies