Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2020, 08:39 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert473 View Post
Yea look at Trump

He aint wearing a mask nor is he worrying

Im not wearing a mask as long as Trump doesn't wear a Mask
So, Trump came down with the virus after not wearing a mask, and there was a hospital bed available for him at a nearby hospital to get the best medical care for it and got cured of it.

As for me, The entire COVID unit at my local hospital is full. I think I better keep wearing a mask.

Old 11-06-2020, 06:05 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,762,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So, Trump came down with the virus after not wearing a mask, and there was a hospital bed available for him at a nearby hospital to get the best medical care for it and got cured of it.

As for me, The entire COVID unit at my local hospital is full. I think I better keep wearing a mask.
How do you know that your local hospitals are full? I know months ago, the news said the same about a couple of our local hospitals, but we know some nurses that work there that said it wasn't true. Not saying yours aren't full,, just curious where you got the info.

Old 11-06-2020, 06:13 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,865,290 times
So much for the Law & Order loving Trump crowd actually following Law & Order.

Counties with worst virus surges overwhelmingly voted Trump

Quote:
An Associated Press analysis reveals that in 376 counties with the highest number of new cases per capita, the overwhelming majority — 93% of those counties — went for Trump, a rate above other less severely hit areas.

Most were rural counties in Montana, the Dakotas, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa and Wisconsin — the kinds of areas that often have lower rates of adherence to social distancing, mask-wearing and other public health measures, and have been a focal point for much of the latest surge in cases.

Probably no surprise for those of us who have traveled in the rural areas of those above states. Walk into any store in rural Wisconsin & it's still amazing how many people don't have a mask on, or when you drive around how many large gatherings are occurring. Then down the street is nothing but 'Trump 2020, Law & Order' yard signs. Lol. Ya, sure bud.

Old 11-06-2020, 06:28 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,762,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post

Probably no surprise for those of us who have traveled in the rural areas of those above states. Walk into any store in rural Wisconsin & it's still amazing how many people don't have a mask on, or when you drive around how many large gatherings are occurring. Then down the street is nothing but 'Trump 2020, Law & Order' yard signs. Lol. Ya, sure bud.

I guarantee the odds of catching it in a rural store are far less than while rioting a looting.

Old 11-06-2020, 09:11 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,748 times
Quote:

Wearing a mask or not has nothing to do with law or order.

Old 11-06-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Wearing a mask or not has nothing to do with law or order.
Ya it does. It’s a government mandated order to wear a mask.

Old 11-06-2020, 02:01 PM

8,156 posts, read 3,680,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I guarantee the odds of catching it in a rural store are far less than while rioting a looting.
I guess you haven't seen the rates in some of those states. Check the Dakotas, prorate the number of daily infections and daily deaths to the the size of US. See what you get...

BTW, the above is no way in support of "rioting a looting".

Old 11-06-2020, 04:44 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,144,239 times
Quote:
Ya it does. It’s a government mandated order to wear a mask.
Government mandate means nothing as it's unconstitutional. That is reason why I and million of people refusing to wear a mask. In fact i went today to USPS without a mask despite state order and got service.

Old 11-06-2020, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Government mandate means nothing as it's unconstitutional. That is reason why I and million of people refusing to wear a mask. In fact i went today to USPS without a mask despite state order and got service.
It means something during a state of emergency such as now with the ongoing covid pandemic. Wisconsin governor was challenged on this by a conservative group and a judge threw it out.

https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/g...0d151ee5b.html

I’m sure the workers and other people at the usps were thrilled you were in there without a mask.

Old 11-06-2020, 06:08 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
How do you know that your local hospitals are full? I know months ago, the news said the same about a couple of our local hospitals, but we know some nurses that work there that said it wasn't true. Not saying yours aren't full,, just curious where you got the info.
My local hospital posts how its capacity is doing several days a week on its Facebook page as shown below. As of today, Nov. 6, still no ICU beds available in covid unit. The overall pressure changes from day to day.

In my town, daily case positives have jumped back to double digits, so certainly won't slack on wearing a mask. Besides that, I'm supposed to. It's required under city ordinance. Yesterday, while in the east side Wal-Mart, I was kinda surprised to see as many as 6 people without a mask on. Today, though, everybody had a mask on.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies