Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2020, 09:41 PM

8,156 posts, read 3,680,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
I done it in California and had no issue. I suspect you will be very disappointed that security guard will not do anything.
After the statewide order I have not seen a single person without a mask in any store so I suspect the disappointment will be all yours.

Old 11-02-2020, 11:17 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yes, there is evidence that masks work.
https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41...-masks-prevent
Complete joke. I've read it and most have shown that has so many holes swiss cheese looks whole. Not peer reviewed, most of those studies have nothing to do with viruses, but I guess we don't care about actual "studies" anymore.

Or if you want a study not tested just take Hawaii. Completely independent cause nobody can drive there but yet after their mask mandates their virus cases went way up. Or just look at basically every other country and state after mask mandates and it didn't do anything. After we were told in May and June that if we used masks we would stop the virus...still hilarious that people think they can control a virus. Wake up, its here and your filthy cloth makes no difference.

Old 11-03-2020, 04:48 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,979,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
I done it in California and had no issue. I suspect you will be very disappointed that security guard will not do anything.
I did it in San Diego recently (well actually just pulled it down briefly while checking out but watch...) and some coward with his girlfriend walked extra close to me and said "put your mask on" as they were leaving the store (I was in self checkout). As soon as I left and saw them still walking to their car I yelled from across the lot "what? I didn't hear you please say it louder!".

And of course like the typical fluffy California white liberal, they get super scared when the Black man returns fire by calling them out. I never moved but the woman kept looking back and jumped in the car and her boyfriend remained a coward. Wouldn't even tell me again and I was going to respond nicely. So I politely told them "exactly what I thought. Get in your car and go home."

Quote:
Originally Posted by svdtnhym View Post
Hmmm I think your statement is backwards.... If most knew they were useless,HARDILY ANYONE WOULD BE WEARING THEM but I see 99% of people wearing them.....
Most people are wearing them because they dont want to be told to put one on. Most people I see reluctantly put their mask on as they enter a store. There are only a few people, especially in the cities which have a scared population, who seem to have their mask on 24/7 as if it's some virus kryptonite. I told the maintence man he didnt have to wear a mask when he came in and he was so happy saying he "hated wearing this damn thing mate" in his Austrailian accent lol. People are tired of this ****.

Old 11-03-2020, 05:45 AM

50,815 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Most people know that wearing a mask is useless and for show.
I don't think that's it. I think people have seen enough videos to be afraid to confront people. As the post above mine shows, people often not wearing them are waiting to be confronted, the no mask is the proverbial chip on the shoulder waiting for someone to knock it off.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 11-03-2020 at 06:06 AM..

Old 11-03-2020, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don't think that's it. I think people have seen enough videos to be afraid to confront people. As the post above mine shows, people often not wearing them are waiting to be confronted, the no mask is the proverbial chip on the shoulder waiting for someone to knock it off.
How does my post show that? I literally pulled it down for 2 seconds.

What it actually shows are people dont mind their own business and want to so badly tell others what to do like a Karen, but most will only do it passive aggressively. Once confronted for being passive aggresive they cower away because their news leaders didn't tell them what to do next, and they didn't expect to be called out (especially liberal areas where this passive aggressive attitute is the absolute worst).

Old 11-03-2020, 06:03 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,094,536 times
This is laughable. The most propagandized among you are still advocating masks, huh? Do you really think that the few freedom loving free thinkers that are left in this country are the cause for this recent 'spike' in new cases? It is a well known fact that this virus is NOT as deadly as they first sold us that it would be, something the free thinkers knew from the start. But some of you are so good at being obedient you cannot see and discern the truth for yourselves. Many say, follow the science! These guys know what they're talking about! They never known what they're talking about, you just haven't allowed yourself to read that in the multitude of 'reports', 'studies', 'papers', etc.

A spike, that by the way, still show a fatality rate of .01%.

Naw, me and my fellows here just smile at each others, say "Nice smile", or "Nice to see your face", I'll sometimes make the gesture from the movie "Face Off" and we laugh and smile and life goes on. I am so over it. Even if I get super sick again this season.

Old 11-03-2020, 06:07 AM

50,815 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
How does my post show that? I literally pulled it down for 2 seconds.

What it actually shows are people dont mind their own business and want to so badly tell others what to do like a Karen, but most will only do it passive aggressively. Once confronted for being passive aggresive they cower away because their news leaders didn't tell them what to do next, and they didn't expect to be called out (especially liberal areas where this passive aggressive attitute is the absolute worst).
The yelling at them "What??? Please say it louder!" sounds like a challenge to me. This entire post above says "chip on shoulder, can't wait to challenge the next person".

Old 11-03-2020, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The yelling at them "What??? Please say it louder!" sounds like a challenge to me. This entire post above says "chip on shoulder, can't wait to challenge the next person".
Wow wow wow. So someone, in the times of covid, can almost brush up against my back getting so close as to be passively aggressive saying "put your mask on", but when I call them out to get the man in the situation to talk to like a grown man instead of a coward, then I'm in the wrong?

What happened to minding your own business? They were lucky I didnt say "they told me Black lives don't matter!", because I would have embarrassed them for the hell of it. As you can see, passive aggresiveness is not my thing especially from men.

And democrats wonder why they are losing Black voters. Always want us to comply to the white man. Cant believe I went from voting for Obama twice to this and its mostly due to people like yourself.

Old 11-03-2020, 08:59 AM

8,156 posts, read 3,680,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
This is laughable. The most propagandized among you are still advocating masks, huh? Do you really think that the few freedom loving free thinkers that are left in this country are the cause for this recent 'spike' in new cases? It is a well known fact that this virus is NOT as deadly as they first sold us that it would be, something the free thinkers knew from the start. But some of you are so good at being obedient you cannot see and discern the truth for yourselves. Many say, follow the science! These guys know what they're talking about! They never known what they're talking about, you just haven't allowed yourself to read that in the multitude of 'reports', 'studies', 'papers', etc.

A spike, that by the way, still show a fatality rate of .01%.

Naw, me and my fellows here just smile at each others, say "Nice smile", or "Nice to see your face", I'll sometimes make the gesture from the movie "Face Off" and we laugh and smile and life goes on. I am so over it. Even if I get super sick again this season.
Where did you study kindergarten math?

Old 11-03-2020, 09:01 AM

490 posts, read 152,389 times
Just voted, no mask required or asked about, nor did I wear one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies