Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2020, 02:23 PM

50,820 posts, read 36,514,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Just stop already with the overflowing hospital scare-mongering. IT NEVER HAPPENED despite assurances that it would!
It’s happening now in Wisconsin, El Paso and other cities. It didn’t happen before, because pretty much everyone an East Coast cities did what they were supposed to do from the beginning, and they were able to keep numbers from getting too overwhelming. It was also relatively isolated to a few states then, so it was easier to get hospital staff from other states.

Old 11-08-2020, 02:24 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,094,536 times
This thread still? Hell folks, you all know what's coming down the pike when it comes to masks. The debate is essentially over.

Old 11-08-2020, 02:45 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,639,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
This thread still? Hell folks, you all know what's coming down the pike when it comes to masks. The debate is essentially over.
National Mask Mandate, here we come!

Though, on the bonus side, if Biden's attentions are focused on getting us to wear masks, maybe he won't have as much time to screw up the country in the myriad of other ways that he's planning on doing.

Old 11-08-2020, 02:45 PM

1,500 posts, read 887,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Most of us that refuse to wear mask is young and healthy. We not afraid of hospital being overwhelmed.
Yep..you young and healthy that drive like maniacs! Or motorcycles..

When I worked in dialysis we called them donor cycles..
We had a great friend in Texas who got a heart from an 18 year old..our guy lived 26 years with that heart!

If you are not afraid of hospitals being overwhelmed, you are either a moron, and you don’t know anything about reality..

They are beginning to air transfer patients anywhere that has a bed,,,
This is in the state of Washington

Old 11-08-2020, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It’s happening now in Wisconsin, El Paso and other cities. It didn’t happen before, because pretty much everyone an East Coast cities did what they were supposed to do from the beginning, and they were able to keep numbers from getting too overwhelming. It was also relatively isolated to a few states then, so it was easier to get hospital staff from other states.
Last night the ICU chief...a smart guy named Gupta..at UWashington..said not only are they OUT of Covid beds, but qualified staff to work them! They are begging any medical person with a license, even if retired, to come and help..

Wake up folks...

Remember this is just not a Covid crisis, but without beds and staff..don’t have a heart attack, crash your car..or break a leg

And please don’t babble about “that is my job”..
I can refuse to work to save stupid people who simply refuse to wear a mask

Old 11-08-2020, 03:12 PM

50,820 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Yep..you young and healthy that drive like maniacs! Or motorcycles..

When I worked in dialysis we called them donor cycles..
We had a great friend in Texas who got a heart from an 18 year old..our guy lived 26 years with that heart!

If you are not afraid of hospitals being overwhelmed, you are either a moron, and you don’t know anything about reality..

They are beginning to air transfer patients anywhere that has a bed,,,
This is in the state of Washington
Don’t young and healthy people have parents and other relatives who aren’t so young and healthy in any case?

Old 11-08-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Don’t young and healthy people have parents and other relatives who aren’t so young and healthy in any case?
Yeah..that too!
They are too selfish to care

Old 11-08-2020, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Mask mandates absolutely negatively effect business. I was going to go away for my anniversary, but I'm not going to any hotel that requires masks. I'm sure I'm not the only one as well.
That’s ok..they probably wouldn’t let you in their lobby without a mask...No loss to them

Old 11-08-2020, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
I know this article is from last March but it raise some questions about what do to with used masks? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN20Z0PP
That is an interesting question....I use cloth masks that machine wash

Apparently hospitals bag all their Covid waste..imagine all the PPE...it is redbagged and taken away by truck, and incinerated way off sight..

Even before Covid we always had red trash bags for waste,,like gloves, etc
But then the risk was more about the virus that can be on bloody gloves...HIV, HepC etc
The good think about Coronavirus is that supposedly it will not live too long without a host..

Notice I said supposedly

I remember 50 years ago every hospital has its own incinerator....no more

Old 11-08-2020, 04:49 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,144,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
That’s ok..they probably wouldn’t let you in their lobby without a mask...No loss to them
Wife been on business trip recently, as long as you tell hotel you can't wear a mask because you have medical condition, there is nothing they can do about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies